It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada: The Illegals are Coming Your Way.....

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
HAHAHA... Thanks guys, we just get a little touchy and feel left out sometimes. Especially when bands say they are doing a full coast to coast tour, East to West and then add yep...Vancouver to Halifax
haha.

Plus I'm a huge lover of this city. Can't help it. Anytime anyone ask me about it I can't stop gushing haha. But I love the rest of Canada too...well...except TO...ya know, cause of the Leafs.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

To Prionace glaucoma:

We don't care!

Bring back all the illegal immigrants who moved up to B.C.from USA during the past century before warning us about the "threat" of illegal immigration, 'cause they ARE STILL an issue on the West coast, especially for these US-based corporations who make gigantic, criminal land grabs to build housing for the yuppies in the everywhere up in the mountains.

Canada is by far one of the less densely populated country, and second largest country in the world right after Russia. There are sh1tloads of natural resources and SPACE for at least 10 times more people to come, settle and live a decent life, as most people do already. Furthermore, given the ongoing climate change/pole shifts, there's gonn be unmeasurable clean natural land available further up north for growing crops.

I really don't see your point.

If you have a problem with immigrants, then look at yourself in a mirror and blame yourself FIRST, as you are obviously not part of the Native people, who rather care about keeping their sovereignty than bashing immigrants...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Echtelion

Follow the thread for what has been said through out my posts. The OP was to gauge the Canadians response, and it was gauged.

We all agreed that Canada needs the volume and its a win win situation for everyone.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion

Bring back all the illegal immigrants who moved up to B.C.from USA during the past century before warning us about the "threat" of illegal immigration, 'cause they ARE STILL an issue on the West coast, especially for these US-based corporations who make gigantic, criminal land grabs to build housing for the yuppies in the everywhere up in the mountains.

What do mean by "criminal land grabs"?

Are they buying up the land with monopoly money or are they taking it by force with guns pointed at the heads of the deed holders?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Ya, we get these threats all the time and we frankly don't care because we all know that as soon as winter comes, they all go back home.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by stereovoyaged

Apologies SV, NFLD is the only province I haven't been to but I know LOTS of Newfs. Best people in the country.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Although this report below does not specifically indicate an answer to the question you ask, based on this 52 page report, immigration/reform issues are being actively discussed/implemented within Canada:

www.irpp.org...

Summary 1
Résumé 2
The Changing Face of Economic Immigration to Canada 9
The Administration of the Temporary Foreign Worker Program 12
The Challenge of Providing the Same Employment
Rights to Temporary Foreign Workers 21
Family Unity and Access to Permanent Residency for
All Temporary Foreign Workers? 30
Conclusion 39
Notes 42
References 44
Abbreviations 47
About This Study 49

and a youtube.com video on the Canadian Immigration Policy Debate 2009:

www.youtube.com...

and here:

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 26-5-2010 by manta78]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
I haven't been able to confirm this independently ... perhaps someone who has can provide the source validating this claim.

They can't, because there isn't one. I've been patiently waiting for someone to ask the right question and you're the winner.

If you check the bio of the author of the piece, this is what it says (bolding mine):

Arthur Clyne is a writer and consultant for several local area businesses. Originally from Montreal, he currently represents a group of Toronto immigration lawyers.

The Montreal connection won't mean anything to someone that's not Canadian, but here's a secret - that's where a lot of our 'less than accepting of other cultures' types live, and are convinced the rest of Canada is actively trying to destoy their frenchness. Immigrants are not quite as welcome in Quebec as the rest of Canada. It's the land of pure laine.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Duzey

Indeed ... in fact this is his firm: www.canadausvisas.com...

In addition to what you noted above which I was not aware of, other than the disdain I received whilst visiting Quebec City for having the temerity to speak with a Parisian accent
... I would further assume that any change in immigration law provides a slew of new business for immigration lawyers like our little friend who wrote the "editorial."

One of my best mates is an immigration lawyer and he prays for changes to statutes.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Let's put a modicum of reality into this discussion. Immigrating 3% of your population into a country over an extended period of time is bound to create problems for the existing culture.
Canadians as a group are naive and hyper delusional. They get upset because a group wants to sing the national anthem in Hindustani at the Olympics. Why be outraged as excessive immigration over long periods of time had a logical outcome; imposition of foreign cultures on indigineous cultures.
The immigration policies go back to the era of Trudeau, frustrated that his attempts to elevate the status of Quebec was thwarted by an anglo majority.
By massive but directed immigration favoring french speakers and non anglo cultures he hoped to dilute the anglo majority and elevated Quebec. These new citizens as a by-product would vote in favor of the party that let them in. Any resulting backlash to be innodated by foreign cultures could be used to implement laws to limit free speech and other laws and other restrictions on personal rights and freedoms.
Government will never try to separate out the cost of the Immigration program but voters are too dumbed down to ask why they pay some of the highest taxes on the planet and yet they have been so blessed with resources.
The immigration is not as successful as some would have you believe. This post only deals with the hard working immigrants making a positive imprint on the economy. Two that come to mind are the machinist that founded Magna corp. and the founder of Dennison Mines. There are many others of course.
The flip side of this is that the refugee program has been lax in screening candidates and there are many violent and dangerous immigrants in Canada. A friend staying in a good hotel in Edmonton heard someone knocking at his door. He looked through the keyhole to see three armed Somolian refugees. This was a time when seconds are important and the police are minutes away. Viet Nam gangs are a big problem in Calgary and other Asian gangs are a menace in BC. In Toronto you have Jamaican gangs. On top of this there are racial tensions that never existed before.
I suppose you are asking what is my point. Selective small scale immigration of people that will harmonize and be absorbed into indigineous cultures can enormously benefit a country. Massive immigration with no real consideration about compatibility with the native cultures is a recipe for disaster.
At the time I left Canada, there was a gov't cultural police that limited the radio time for Canadian artist Bryan Adams. Aparently his album did not meet the standards for Canadian content. This kind of lunacy happens with all government programs.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by cayrichard

I do believe that the point you are missing is that we are simply not buying into the thread as such. And I am not missing the point that your selective assessment of our 'state of the nation' has a whole lot to do with spin.
Sure there are problems...but it's where we'd rather be...and that is with factoring in a climate that amounts to 9 months of winter followed by 3 months of bad skiing.
Lemme know when you want to come back...we'll leave a light on.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
I guess I should clarify something after reading my replies to this thread again.

If immigrants want to come to Canada legally, I am all for them. Come on in. We need the immigration as our population is stagnant and for us to continue to grow as a nation, we'll need immigrants.

It's the illegal ones and the ones that over stay there welcome after being refused refugee/landed immigrant status that my issue is with.

All others are more than welcome. Even the ones like from Haiti recently that had to be relocated because of the earthquake. I am all for them and helping them because of the tragedy of their situation. They need somewhere to live and I am more than happy to offer them that place. Lets just make sure they were not the folks that turned parts of Port Au Prince into areas that even the NATO soldiers and police officers wouldn't go. Those are the ones we don't need.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789
It's the illegal ones and the ones that over stay there welcome after being refused refugee/landed immigrant status that my issue is with.

Indeed...especially the criminals that get deported and are then on the first plane back to Canada. Obviously we have the right to pick and chose who we grace with immigration and citizenship. And it is obvious that secure borders are important. However, our circumstance is inherently different from that of the southern border states...including their built-in need for a cheap labour pool year-round.

I think the push-back from my fellow Canucks on this thread is based on the fact that Illegals are (or have been made) a much bigger deal down there than up here. We can trot out a lot of reasons for that, but central to the debate is the consideration that we are a more socially conscious society.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

And you are concluding that the USA does not accept immigrants? United States accepts more Legal Immigrants and Residents than the entire countries of the world combined.

All we are asking for is the ability to pick & choose those without criminality. People undergo background checks & health screens. Essentially come here through the legal channels.

When viewing Illegal Immigration, that is not the case. So to say that you need to pick & choose with background checks, your mentality on this no different than ours. All of this hoo haa for nothing.

If you accept these Illlegal Immigrants with no ifs & buts, then there is a difference in policies, otherwise we are part of the same club.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   

]
And you are concluding that the USA does not accept immigrants? United States accepts more Legal Immigrants and Residents that the entire countries of the world combined.

Sorry you are wrong

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

To further accentuate the point please see below:

Source

Canada has the highest per capita immigration rate in the world, although statistics in the CIA World Factbook show that a number of city states and small island nations, as well as some larger countries in regions with refugee movements, have higher per capita rates. The three main official reasons given for the high level of immigration are:

A. The social component – Canada facilitates family reunification

B. The humanitarian component – Relating to refugees.

C. The economic component – Attracting immigrants who will contribute economically and fill labour market needs

Just to give you a taste of Canada's ovbectives in immigration. The first two points lend themselves to the third. Encouraging immigration makes good economic sense.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyaged

]
And you are concluding that the USA does not accept immigrants? United States accepts more Legal Immigrants and Residents that the entire countries of the world combined.

Sorry you are wrong

I Think You Should Check this Link, Has Stats from 2006, Compared to your stats from 2000,

2006 vs. 2000, I would lean on the ones with the newer stats.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:44 AM
link   

I think I see where this is coming from. What we have here is failure to communicate. You're stating total numbers. stereovoyaged and myself are stating per capita numbers, a big difference there.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by dontblink

Total number of Legal Immigrants and residents is what I posted in the reply to which stereogyvd posted his reply too.

So maybe he misunderstood my post. USA is a leader in immigration with the entire world combined.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:01 AM
link   

While you are correct in saying in actual numbers the USA is the highest. IT BY NO MEANS is more than the rest of the world combined

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11 >>

join