It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada: The Illegals are Coming Your Way.....

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

We are starting to boom ourselves out here now, great chance to get all "the by's" home. There is no shortage of oil out here either!!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by stereovoyaged

Oh I know. Still aways yet though. Hopefully it will bring alot of them back home and with the experience of the oil patch under their belts to still demand substantial wage. If we load up on illegals, there is a chance that those wages get cuyt by what.... 30/40/50%?

There is already one person in here saying he would hire illegals over Canadians to save a buck for himself. Is that we are looking for? People like that need to be shipped off with the illegals. Start their business in there countries if you want to pay slave wages. Don't bring it here.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

Thank you for your very sensible comments.

Majority of us feel the same way here, we would also like these individuals to use the Legal Channels and we will welcome them with open arms.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   
reply to post by C11H17N2NaO2S

You seem to have had a really bad experience while in Vancouver.

We get it, you don't seem to like Canada. That's fine but you really should use some facts when spewing your thinly veiled dislike for Canada as you are not really adding any substance to this discussion.

And yes I realize I myself did not add anything to the discussion other than perhaps allowing someone to disregard your posts as being at best a misrepresentation of life in Canada. You do realize that there is much more to Canada than Vancouver?

Also your assesment of Vancouver does not seem to jive with this article:

ca.news.yahoo.com...
www.mercer.com...
[edit on 26-5-2010 by Gargamel]

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Gargamel]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789

There is already one person in here saying he would hire illegals over Canadians to save a buck for himself. Is that we are looking for? People like that need to be shipped off with the illegals. Start their business in there countries if you want to pay slave wages. Don't bring it here.

Do you think the Canadian people will put up with under the table hirings, shotty work and slave wages. You might see a few more mexicans at Kent and Canadian Tire but not on construction sites unless they can get the job done. You might get your driveway shovelled easier tho and I am ALL for that. I think we need a bigger workforce, we have a lot of offshore work coming up. Plus its just not the Canadian way to turn people away

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
I love our Canadian cousins. But I find the holier then though attitude quite amusing considering that the way you treat the First Nation hasn't exactly been stellar either.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

They enjoy the same treatment as any other citizen, plus some additiional benefits. To what treatment are you refering?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereovoyaged
Do you think the Canadian people will put up with under the table hirings, shotty work and slave wages. You might see a few more mexicans at Kent and Canadian Tire but not on construction sites unless they can get the job done. You might get your driveway shovelled easier tho and I am ALL for that. I think we need a bigger workforce, we have a lot of offshore work coming up. Plus its just not the Canadian way to turn people away

Actually, I regularly see a number of Mexican migrant workers that come in and work the fields under a specific federal program. How many illegals in the US work in the agricultural sector, and how significant is their under-the-table work to the pricing of produce? The year-round farming is what makes the border states attractive to manual labourers.

Originally posted by nixie_nox
I love our Canadian cousins. But I find the holier then though attitude quite amusing considering that the way you treat the First Nation hasn't exactly been stellar either.

First Nations have been poorly treated on both sides of the border, and as our pals in Australia will attest, same goes for their indigenous people.

That is actually a whole different debate, and we can talk about that elsewhere. But I will say that what you consider a 'holier than thou' attitude is merely a statement of our self definition. There are a lot of societal issues that Canada sees differently than the US. Hey...Vive la difference, eh?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpowerI say let 'em come.

Ignorance is bliss!

Peace,
FK

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy
Sure why not have three languages in Canada.

Why only 3? Along with English, French and Chinese, Korean is extremely common as well. That's a problem?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

I thought Greek was the official language in Toronto.

ETA: Btw, one of my favorite things about Canada is the extraordinary mix of cultures ... as I have stated on many an occasion, the above is an asset to any nation/environment.

[edit on 26 May 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox

WE are holier than thou?
Nice label for a people that is just more tolerant of others. Maybe you should try to become holier than thou. You system isn't working.

As to the First Nations, it's the gov't that's screwed them continually. Ask any average Canadian what they think of the treatment that the FN are given and you'll find that we are embarrassed at their handling. But then again, we're holier than thou.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by schrodingers dog
I thought Greek was the official language in Toronto.

Toronto is a HUGE city. Yes, there is a part of TO that is Greek, their festival is one not to be missed, but also 2 Chinatowns that I know of. Brampton, a suburb, is mostly south Asian. Sikh, Indian, etc. There are others as well. Jewish community, Italian, etc. TO really is quite a diverse city. Too bad they don't have a hockey team.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

Would it be at all possible for you to start referring to 'illegals' as PEOPLE?

I have noticed that in most threads discussing these PEOPLE you try and de-humanise them by referring to them as a non-human entity. This is on a parallel with fascist speech about Jews and other minorities.

Immigration is always a tough topic, but easy enough to talk about respectfully. By de-humanising these PEOPLE you seek to reduce them to a commodity, a cattle, so that the veiled hate-speech isn't directly noticed for what it is - bigotry.

I applaud our Canadian friends attitudes to immigration - it just shows that Gerald Celente was right when he predicted fascism being supported widely in the U.S., and how different Canada is to the U.S.

Parallex.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Parallex

Absolutely, they are people and should be treated with a measure of dignity. Which is why I'm proud of our immigration policy. We have fewer than 150,000 illegal immigrants in the country. The reason? Applying for a visa or other immigration status is comparatively easy and it is not required that you pay for the application right away for the application to be processed. When it comes to refugees, they are permitted to stay in the country while the status of their claim is determined. We generally welcome immigrants and do everything we can to get them their visas so they can start working in and contributing to Canada's economy and culture.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Parallex

Is referring to the citizenship status going to be labeled as "Racism" now?, that is rich.

Oh wait people already do that.

Also, I am not the bigot here. I have never said anything racist about any particular race. Your history speaks volumes.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca

Is referring to the citizenship status going to be labeled as "Racism" now?, that is rich.

Oh wait people already do that.

Also, I am not the bigot here. I have never said anything racist about any particular race. Your history speaks volumes.

OK, I just reread Parallex's post. He didn't say anything about racism. Guilty conscience much?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dontblink

Once again, immigrants that are legal, are welcome in the US. Those that wish to actually participate in living here.

Many don't care to participate, by way of paying taxes, etc.

Why can't you Canadians get that straight? This thread is about illegals in your country, not people seeking assylum, or who want to be your citizens.

They will come there, under the radar, work for cash, send money home, etc........they will cause people in your country to loose jobs, they will create anchor babies.

This thread is not a bash against people who actually want to be citizens, and do the right thing, it's about illegals, who will suck you dry!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

OK, I just reread Parallex's post. He didn't say anything about racism. Guilty conscience much?

Refer to below:

By de-humanising these PEOPLE you seek to reduce them to a commodity, a cattle, so that the veiled hate-speech isn't directly noticed for what it is - bigotry.

A bigot is a person obstinately or intolerantly devoted to his or her own opinions and prejudices. The correct use of the term requires the elements of obstinacy, irrationality, and animosity toward those of differing opinion.

The term is also used to refer to persons hostile to people of differing race , ethnicity, nationality, sexual orientation, religion etc.

Learning Made Easy

Hmm, I and many others wonder how you are even a moderator. Clearly I was referring to the use of the BIGOT. And you overlooked that just to take a dig. /shame shame

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Exactly, I never bashed but proposed a question.

The ones that have turned to bashing and derailing are noticeable as they only seem to attack the poster.

Again, like I have said earlier..I applaud the neighbors up North for being so understanding to help us mitigate the voes of Illegal Immigration. Canada needs all of the hands it can get, and we can provide bus loads of them.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join