It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada: The Illegals are Coming Your Way.....

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

Originally posted by prionace glauca
The TB talk was just to illustrate one of many unknows immigrants can expose others too.

Oooookay, here we go. What unknowns would you be saying?

Disease is obviously high on your list. Damn drug dealers too. I'd even wager they would slap their own mother around.

I mentioned diseases once, you kept pestering me about it. So I presented the data to you, and now you seem to be flustered with the very argument you started.

Stating the realities should not be considered negative, unless you want me to Sugarcoat the Facts for you.

Us concerned American Citizens are in complete agreement with your stance on immigration. We are willing to send them your way. No negative thoughts here.

Kumbaya for everyone, this is a win win for both of our nations. Your population problems will be fixed in no time.

Seriously we are not in disagreement. I think you Canadians have made us Americans hopeful of our current situation and how to remedy the problems we face.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

It's funny how you can sense sarcasm through the screen, isn't it?

I wouldn't trade what we have for what you have, even if you do have more doctors. And don't get me started on doctors who take advantage of the public subsidy of medical school in Canada and then go to the US to make more money. They rank lower than politicians on my scum scale.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Wish I could star and flag posts! EXACTLY!!!

Doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results is the definition of insanity...

Stop being held back from change from the years of fear mongering from your government and media.

You have more power than you think, just take it back in a different way than it was lost....

try new things, you might like it!

I am considered near the bottom of the poverty line, the only change in the economy was that for a few months everyone went out 3 nights a week instead of 6 or seven....that could have been new years resolutions though.....and I skipped a few days a week with my sushi lunches....

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   

But, we are talking about illegals, so, are you saying your DR. is illegal?

Granted, you were not responding to me, but what does your legal Dr. have to do with the thread?

I'm sure the person studied hard as a student, and as well to be a citizen. Best wishes to her.

Illegals coming over the border will not have the skills of Dr. Ming. I can tell you that. If they do, then they are hiding out for some reason.

We are not talking about the cream of the crop coming over your borders.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

I think you are quite mistaken about our government, our government wants to bankroll these criminals and incorporate them into our system so that they can leech more benefits.

It is us the American Citizens who are in 74% UNITY for tougher immigration laws and we agree with Arizona's stance. Our government wants to shove Amnesty again & again down our throats and we are not staying silent no more.

Don't be mistaken when I use the word American, this word American crosses all Genders, Races, Ethinicities, & all age groups.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Flu would be the least of your worries, there are other diseases that would of more immediate concerns than a flu.

I think I feel sorry for you guys....

You really have been overly pupmed with fear and doom....

It is like no personal empowerment whatsoever...

Almost like you are afraid you'll be hit with a bat if you you don't look at negative things and peek at the bright side of life....

90% or more of things people worry about never happen, and the only thing bad that comes out of it is all the time waisted worrying and arguing.......

you guys need some hugs and a beer or something.....

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

reply to post by mellisamouse

I think you are quite mistaken about our government, our government wants to bankroll these criminals and incorporate them into our system so that they can leech more benefits.

It is us the American Citizens who are in 74% UNITY for tougher immigration laws and we agree with Arizona's stance. Our government wants to shove Amnesty again & again down our throats and we are not staying silent no more.

Don't be mistaken when I use the word American, this word American crosses all Genders, Races, Ethinicities, & all age groups.

That is true, you guys are waking up and getting ready to kick @$$...like another poster said though, you are being pointed at the immigrants instead of the theives robbing 10000% more than any immigration could..

Go get em boys, they ARE terrified of you, that is why they have to spew out so much BS to try and keep you in line..

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mellisamouse

90% or more of things people worry about never happen, and the only thing bad that comes out of it is all the time waisted worrying and arguing.......

you guys need some hugs and a beer or something.....

I don't know how to break the news to you, this isn't a new problem. This problem has been plaguing the system since the days of FDR. Now it is just completely out of control.

We have already seen and continue to see what happens when Illegals come ruin neighborhoods and drop anchors.

But our problems should not be a deterance for you to accept them with open arms.

Kumbaya, hugs, cheers, and cervezas all around.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by C11H17N2NaO2S
And the Health care is sooo behind, its appauling. In Vancouver try and find a good doctor who is not Asian.

My dr is Dr. Ming. Where do you think she comes from? I'll address the rest of that tripe after you answer.

It does not matter where she comes from. Dr Ming sounds Chinese Asian but could be a asian born canadian. Either way their are exceptions to the rule.

The WORLD HEALTH ORGANISATION ranks canada 30th which is very poor for a developed nation. 30th...the UK is 18th and US is 37th but the US also ranked in the top 5 for best medical treatments available for private patrons. Even some of the canadian goverment ministers have flown to the US for medical treatments over staying in their own country!

PErsonally I would not go to the States or canada but go to France and the UK which I do. Most of the top 20 are europena countries.

Both the US and UK are higher than Canada in terms of Wealthiest nations as listed by the IMF, the CIA World Fact book, and the World Bank.

Again maybe Im just used to a certain level of living which was never found by myself in Canada or anyone that I know well.

So in terms of MASS immigration these people look for affluence and Canada just does not rate high enough YET!!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I understand from friends and family from the Eastern Block that many people would love to move to Canada. Those being Czechs , Slovaks, Poles, Russians and Romanians and Hungarians. Just invite them all and they will gladly come.

link   
reply to post by GAOTU789

After reading this article from 2003 I can understand your position:

"200,000 illegal immigrants toiling in Canada's underground economy"

"But their undeclared income also costs the system billions. Undocumented workers do not pay income tax -- although they can obtain driver's licenses, open bank accounts, enroll their children in school and visit community health-care centres, at no cost."

Source: are.berkeley.edu...

[edit on 25-5-2010 by manta78]

link   

Originally posted by mellisamouse

That is true, you guys are waking up and getting ready to kick @$$...like another poster said though, you are being pointed at the immigrants instead of the thieves robbing 10000% more than any immigration could..

I don't know if you are paying attention to the political climate here, especially the recently held special elections.

We are taking care of those problems also, Thank you for your cheerleading from the sideline. Always welcome,

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Not news dude. They've been here forever and we don't castigate them like they do in the States. Um, you may want to do a little research into the society in which you are trying to mold. Fear mongering doesn't play up here. :shk:

Not fear mongering, but just as I had suspected that the Northeners do think different than us. Plus our governments are set up differently.

I don't think any of us would have a problem with this. We are ready to ship and you are ready to accept. This would be a win win for everyone involved.

I think we might have come to a real solution for the Illegal problem faced here in the US and we owe many thanks to our neighbors up North for this.

I have a very strong feeling that you are exercising your personal issues with illegal immigration by trying to project them upon us. We think differently here...trying to equate the two mentalities (especially a right-wing American one) is talking apples and dancing. You won't find a lot of discussion...plus your source is trash.

But thanks for caring.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by C11H17N2NaO2S

Plus, is that per capita???

No matter what the stats say, the quality of life and lifestyle is undenaibly awesome.... champagne lifestyle on a beer budget since I was 17........ same with everyone I know.... it is NOT just because I am a girl, it is guys too....

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   

Now that the US States are having a tougher stance against Illegal Immigrants, they are coming to your borders.

Tougher

You seem to forget that states can't deport illegals.

Furthermore, you make a claim that they are going to the Canadian border with no proof whatsoever. Just another load of your daily fearmongering.

Finally, the biggest thing your missing is that the laws you state illegals take advantage of are still the same.

Anyway, I'll let you keep pretending that we have solved the problem of illegal immigration.

To the Canadians,
for the way you are handling this thread.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
We need to remember that Illegal immigrant are not stupid.

They are still picky and will choose what they see as the most prosperous for themselves.

I am only talking about Illegals by the way!

Im am not trying to put canadians down at all. I am referring to the country. I have a canadian friend!

Any the Hockey comment was meant to be a lighhearted joke. I do not think immigrants take hockey into their factorization when choosing where to invade. And pointing out the Arab person who like hockey...thats very nice!

I do hate hockey though personally.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
I understand the cultures between Canada and US are quite different. From the responses we have a win win situation for both nations and a win situation for the immigrants.

As far as those stating the source as bunk, the problem is real...especially down here in the US. And it seems from the many responses Canada can use the extra hard working work force.

I learned a great deal about how our neighbors up North are, and I walk away knowing how welcoming you have always been and will continue to be.

To tothetenthpower, great discussion thought it turned pretty reactionary with others. Thanks for keeping a level head through out.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Great thread. You know I think we could offer each illegal immigrant in America $5,000 to turn themselves in wth the promise that we wont send them back to Mexico. We can just put them on buses and give them as a gift to our Canadian friends. I am sure 20 million or so new immigrants will just help the Canadian economy. They can thank us later.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Intrepid! You are a Super Moderator and your letting yourself be pulled into a hateful argument like this?

We still welcome people with open arms by the way. We just ask they not be drug dealers, murderers, rapists or thieves.

You will find most of us would say yes to allowing far more to come here, no problem. They need to speed up the system and do a workers program also, no problem. Heck, we would even allow some Canadians.

Having traveled Canada, I agree about how nice most people are, but you also have a jerk or two up there. Look at how Americans get treated in White Horse? Have you ever seen the damage your kids do to Hotels near the border on weekends in the US. So we all have our problems, don't we. How about we get along?

Should we enter into a discussion of your feud not to long ago when your country nearly split in half?

The start of this thread gives credibility to "Canadian Bacon" the movie and I thought it was just a funny movie. Tongue in Cheek Intrepid

Did I actually see a Canadian admit to your high taxes in a post???????

[edit on 5/25/2010 by Blaine91555]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower
Meh, we need more population.

Besides, the immigration process her is very easy and simple to accomplish.

All you need is a job and 3 years working in the country.

I say let 'em come.

~Keeper

Sure why not have three languages in Canada.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join