It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada: The Illegals are Coming Your Way.....

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Since you keep editing after I reply, I wanted to address this (even though we're getting off topic)....

Originally posted by prionace glauca
My issue with the Canadian system is how long a person waits to get treatment. By the time a patient is even offered treatment, the disease is at an advanced stage already.

Remember the old press adage - if it bleeds, it leads. Thousands upon thousands of Canadians get timely medical care every day, my family included.

Our system has saved many peoples lives and so has yours. The big difference for me is that my family didn't have to go bankrupt to pay the bills for a series of prostate cancer, vertigo, more prostate cancer and then anemia so acute that by the time it was over, the hepatitis was 'cured' because so much blood was replaced.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Duzey]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Duzey
Since you keep editing after I reply, I wanted to address this (even though we're getting off topic)....

Just doing my spell checks...and like I said earlier in my post. You like your system and we like to have changes in ours. Changes I would like to see in ours include: Capping Malpractice, Capping Lawsuits, Give Doctors the power back...take out the insurance companies, Allow patients to pay straight to physicians for care as you would to insurance companies...not only would this decrease the premiums but also benefit the patient with the right treatment the first time unlike the run around with insurance companies.

Thread has been offtrack for the last few pages, all in all both nations from the opinions of those posting want rules in immigrations. We both would agree to welcoming immigrants, just not those with devious backgrounds and ill intentions.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Since we're both admittedly off-topic.....

Changes I would like to see in ours include: Capping Malpractice, Capping Lawsuits, Give Doctors the power back...take out the insurance companies, Allow patients to pay straight to physicians for care

I'm sorry, I thought you didn't like our system. The only difference between what you've described and ours is the cash payment.

Malpractice capped (with low premiums because the doc's formed their own insurance co-op) - check
Capping lawsuits - check
Doctor's have the power (they decide what treatment you get with no pre-applying) - check

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Duzey

Doctor's have the power (they decide what treatment you get with no pre-applying) - check

Doctors don't have the power that is the issue still. The government has the power in the treatment. Docs can only give the possible treatment options and only those proving to be the least cost will be implemented first, if those don't work then the next least cost treatment and so on.

Unless that has changed recently, docs can only make the suggestions of possible treatment. The government accounting body who pays for the treatment has the final approval of a particular treatment.

What I would like to see is, I get to make the decision on the most effective treatment I see fit. I order the tests that would give me the best picture to make my mind. Patients can pay me directly just like with insurance and I would be responsible for Hospital/ER/Surgery costs and with contracts with pharmaceuticals a drug plan can also be worked up. Insurance companies are a waste and government bureaucracies are a waste.

Also the reason many Canadian docs end up coming down here is for the Cap in Pay the government puts on docs. Capping pay has left Canada a unwelcoming country for many physicians.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

That's nice for the people that have money, isn't it?

I prefer my medical staff to care about me first, not my wallet.

PS - it's only dental that needs pre-approval up here and that is because it's through an insurance company and not part of our national plan. We only need pre-approval if we travel out of the country for treatment and expect to be reimbursed when we get back.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

I prefer my medical staff to care about me first, not my wallet.

Your wallet has already been taken care off by taxes.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Also the reason many Canadian docs end up coming down here is for the Cap in Pay the government puts on docs. Capping pay has left Canada a unwelcoming country for many physicians.

When the poor darlings pay full freight for their education (as I'm guessing you did) instead of sucking off that government teat and having their training subsidized by the taxpayer, then I'll feel sorry for them.

Until that point, they are stealing from their countrymen and worse than any illegal immigrant.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
reply to post by mellisamouse

No offense, but I think it's easy for you to spew all of this, because you are not feeding illegals, or paying for their health care.

When your taxes go up, do to the nature of above, you may have a different attitude.

Until then, post your address, so they can all come live at your house!

It sounds like you have the solution.

We have the problem, because we feed and care for them better than they get at home. Well, duh!

I think Arizona should offer to repeal their law that plagiarized US immigration law and replace it with a law plagiarizing Mexican immigration law. That should silence the critics!

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I'm a legal immigrant to Canada, now a Canadian Citizen. I fully support the Arizona law and would like to see a similar law in place here in Canada.

However, instead of asking people for ID (which our police do on every traffic stop or interaction with the public anyway) we should ship them to somewhere VERY uncomfortable while they wait for processing.

We have some real good places that would make a good location for a tent city - Iqaluit (look it up on Google Maps), Yellowknife, Flin Flon (these are ALL real places - REALLY - look them up if you don't believe me
)basically anywhere more than about 3 or 4 hours drive North of the US border.

We can take a real long time processing their application while they sit in a tent city in frigid (maybe -40C or lower in the winter) temperatures, and we won't give them any quarter when it comes to speaking Spanish. Maybe French, Chinese, or Punjabi, but definitely not Spanish.

Good luck to them all. I hope this would give them a really nasty memory of their time in Canada.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
reply to post by manta78

Ya, I don't know the welfare laws in Canada, but this should be a drain on the puclic health system.

Good luck to you Canadians, when you have to fund anchor babies, and pay the health bills for them, too!

Say, higher taxes, anyone?

I'd say at least 90% of the Illegal immigrants that the United States are trying to get rid of are hard working individuals and as several of our Canadian friends have said getting legal stature in their state is quite simple. If they were to get flushed into the work force in Canada as hard working as they are and as legal tax paying citizens, I don't see how it would be a drain on the public health care system. Anchor Babies would be a non factor as well, are you actually reading what the Canadians are posting man?

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Procession101]

[edit on 2-6-2010 by Procession101]

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join