It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada: The Illegals are Coming Your Way.....

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by stereovoyaged

THE LINK PROVIDED WILL show you thus.

This about having the right to choose & pick who is welcomed or not. That is what we in the US believe in. Illegal Immigration does not allow that to happen. So where is the US stance wrong on the recent passage of Arizona's Law.

To say we accept everyone and their mama, but then kick out those who broke rules does not make sense. That was my reply to someone above my original post to which you went into a pissing contest over immigration with.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

And you are concluding that the USA does not accept immigrants? United States accepts more Legal Immigrants and Residents than the entire countries of the world combined.

Didn't say that. If I may cite myself: "I think the push-back from my fellow Canucks on this thread is based on the fact that Illegals are (or have been made) a much bigger deal down there than up here."

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Well illegals who have broken no rules and continue to live their life in peace and prosperity, have no qualms with the US citizens. It is those who break the laws and abuse the system.

The AZ law as where most of the Hoo Haa stems from only goes after those approached in a lawful conduct involving a violation. Those who don't commit crimes or break laws have no reason to worried.

The approach to Immigration still remains the same in both countries.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

Agreed, the US is the leader in total imigration but that's only one benchmark. I think the issue here lies with the percieved difficulty immigrants face with the US immigration system. Consider the price for applications in the US, many of these applications are between 200-1000 USD. I'm no economist, but I think it's a safe bet that many illegal immigrants (especially from Mexico) simply don't have that kind of money to simply have their claims reviewed. I'm not trying to justify illegal immigration but it seems to me if some of these fees could be dropped or deferred it may stem at least some of the problem.

Edited for Source

[edit on 27-5-2010 by dontblink]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   

reply to post by stereovoyaged

THE LINK PROVIDED WILL show you thus.

This about having the right to choose & pick who is welcomed or not. That is what we in the US believe in. Illegal Immigration does not allow that to happen. So where is the US stance wrong on the recent passage of Arizona's Law.

To say we accept everyone and their mama, but then kick out those who broke rules does not make sense. That was my reply to someone above my original post to which you went into a pissing contest over immigration with.

It shows that your immigration numbers are 38,000,000, roughly 13% of your population. While that is the leader I am missing how 38 million is higher than the rest of the world combine. The chart below shows that you reach 38 million around #6 on the list.

I see the sentence to which you refer but the numbers do not add up to what I find

Link

[edit on 27-5-2010 by stereovoyaged]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by dontblink

The fees are something that should be re considered I agree. My parents had a pretty challenge during our immigration here.

I think the government should also have programs where they can recoup their fees after they have enterd and started making a worty income.

There is alot that needs to be changed as to the beraucracies of immigration. Plugging the Holes, taking out the corrupt admin, and reforming immigration is how I see things should be fixed. Most importantly is to stem Illegal Immigration first. Amnesty is like giving more drugs to a drug addict, you hope they will quit themselves.

Until we plug the holes, no one would care to come here legally, atleast the ones on our immediate borders.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Absolutely. I'd be in favor of repealling the fees in their totality unless the claim is accepted. And even then there should be some sort of financing available.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

I think the push-back from my fellow Canucks on this thread is based on the fact that Illegals are (or have been made) a much bigger deal down there than up here. We can trot out a lot of reasons for that, but central to the debate is the consideration that we are a more socially conscious society.

Well said and you are absolutely correct, imo. There is far less individualism in Canada and I don't think most Americans quite understand the way we actually operate up here.

And I personally think that they have been made a bigger deal because they are a bigger deal. Official numbers put them at somewhere around 22-25 million and other numbers I have seen puts that figure at around 50 million or so. Up here we have less than a 100,000 and half if not moire of them are destined for the US anyway. We are a stop over point, nothing more. As has been stated; it is just too damn cold here for most people coming from Asia and Africa, where the bulk of our illegals come from.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Another note about the difference in reaction of the Canadians vs the Americans on this subject.

When we speak of illegal immigrants in the US, the main assumption is that we are speaking of Mexicans. When you're talking about illegal immigrants in Canada, many of us are talking about women who have been brought to our country as sex slaves, living a sad life working in a 'massage parlor' that gives happy endings. These women have our sympathy and need help to get out of the horrible situation they have found themselves in.

Apples and oranges comparison.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Duzey]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by GAOTU789
...it is just too damn cold here for most people coming from Asia and Africa, where the bulk of our illegals come from.

Don't forget Eastern Europe and the Caribe. Maybe the reason out II problem is different, not just attitude, is that our II are usually from a distant country where the US's is right on their border.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Duzey

When I am speaking of Illegals I mean from every country.

When ever a prejudiced sympathizer speaks of Illegals, they will only mention Mexicans. Kind of fits their "everyone is against the brown label".

As far those masseurs, that has more to say about the trade having clients. Clients make the demand that needs to filled. Still its sad and I do feel strongly that these practices should be abolished and these women/men/girl/boys be allowed freedom.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   

When ever a prejudiced sympathizer speaks of Illegals, they will only mention Mexicans. Kind of fits their "everyone is against the brown label".

That's because the statistics say that over 90% of your II's are Mexican. Just going with the facts.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid

That's because the statistics say that over 90% of your II's are Mexican. Just going with the facts.

That is fine, I don't argue facts. Illegals are not just from country in the views of many and mine. It makes for a good argument for some to label others as racists, when such is the not case.

Like your fellow Canadian above, all we want are the honest immigrants not the criminals.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:58 PM
link   

[When ever a prejudiced sympathizer speaks of Illegals, they will only mention Mexicans. Kind of fits their "everyone is against the brown label".

Seriously, now you are starting to annoy me and congrats to you because I normally don't let other people's ignorance bother me. If you want to call me a racist/prejudiced, come right out and do it. If not, keep your nasty implications to yourself.

The facts of the matter are you don't understand our society, our country or our culture. Just because your fiance has family in Kitchener doesn't make you an expert on our immigration policies (or did you stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night?). Making snide and sarcastic remarks won't change that one little bit.

PS - We don't have your prostitution or sex hangups either. Prostitution is legal here.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Duzey]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Duzey

Duzey, don't take my post as an attack on yours. I am merely stating that whenever I or the many others who speak about Illegals in this country we don't tie it to immigrants of one country. Even though the numbers might suggest one country's populace to be amongst majority, I don't have prejudice toward one region. It is all those here illegally, whether on crossing the border or extended stays.

Like the other 2 Canadians have mentioned, we would welcome the hard working ones...the criminals have to go. No qualms here.

Read more posts of mine, I have traveled and stayed in several places in Canada. And I have only praised instead of attack it, besides their health care system which is horrendous. Kitchener is just an area I travel to more NOW.

About the sex parlors, I was agreeing with you...not attacking your post. For sex parlors to exist there need to be clients. Which I think you would agree with.

And what is with these amateurish digs (Holiday Express), how old are you guys or girls? you guys throw a fit pretty fast. Read my posts above, I was agreeing not attacking, but attacks are what you guys/gals want I guess,

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Look, I know the Americans don't like our healthcare system but guess what - we don't care. If 'money before patients' is a good motto for the US, that's your problem - not mine.

Also, if you don't want me to take your posts as an attack, I'd suggest you seriously consider what you are saying to me before hitting post because to be honest, you aren't coming off as a concerned neighbour but one who is hoping to see us share some of your misery. And that's just not very nice.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Duzey

I thought we agreed through the posts, that misery will not befall you guys because you are ready for the welcoming.

I am glad to hear that you understand we are miserable down here because of the situation.

The Health Care system opinion is mine to hold, I am not pushing it on anyone. I have the right to state my opinion on it and you have yours. End of that. Its not money before patients, just look at the stats of how many get treated even when they don't have money, though its only until they are stable. My issue with the Canadian system is how long a person waits to get treatment. By the time a patient is even offered treatment, the disease is at an advanced stage already. Some of the most beneficial medications are not even prescribed because they cost too much. Those requiring artificial orthopedics have to wait several years before being approved for one. Urgency of care is the issue that puts more patients in harms way than actually helping them.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

I'm sorry that you are miserable, but we aren't the US. The geography is different, the climate is different (and a main reason we don't have a huge immigration problem) and the culture is different.

You are making the assumption that we will have the same issues as you because a consultant from Quebec for Toronto immigration lawyers that nobody in this country has even heard of says so. Post something like this from David Frum, Andrew Coyne, the Fraser Institute or Mark Steyn instead and you might have the basis for a discussion. Their spin at least has some facts behind it and they are actual journalists.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   

My issue with the Canadian system is how long a person waits to get treatment. By the time a patient is even offered treatment, the disease is at an advanced stage already.

Nonsense...my cancer was detected, treated and cured within 2 months. Cost out of pocket? $32. Lets not start the health care issue up again...different topic, old thread.

Dude...your whole thread is a right-wing troll job. I'm not playing any more. Happy trails.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Duzey

The source may have some issues of credibility, I'll agree to that. I did not post it knowingly, just came across it through a u2u from a very noble member.

It did bring about an interesting discussion and the difference in stances. One thing we both would agree on is that immigration is welcomed by both nations, just not the criminals.

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11 >>

join