It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Canada: The Illegals are Coming Your Way.....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Canadians need to start working on protecting their borders now

Most Canadians agree that immigration reform is necessary and overdue. Canada has long had an “open door” policy to foreign refugees and is now considered home to many who are seeking a safe haven. While many of these immigrants are considered beneficial to the Canadian society, the increasing number of immigrants on the country’s waiting list is becoming a problem.

Special interest groups such as the Immigration Bar have long been known to fight against immigration reform and even support extreme cases and abuses of current law. These groups have shown that they are willing to do whatever it takes to accuse Ottawa’s conservatives of racism and bigotry in order to force their own ideology and practices on others. Canada is facing a similar scenario as the United States in dealing with immigration reform and should look to southern states such as Arizona when reforming law.

Hey Canada, Are you ready for the influx of many more Illegals?

The recent move by Arizona and now soon to be mirrored by 17 other US States on Illegal Immigration has many of these Illegals eyeing greener pasteurs up North.

I have seen many Canadians come chime in on the Arizona Law & Illegal Immigration threads, some support the measure...but many spoke out against such measures. Calling the law & those supporters of it racist and other delightful names.

Most immigrants enter Canada’s borders legally and are valuable assets to the country. They provide excellent work and are capable of bringing in new ideas and innovations. Recent signs, however, point to a large number of immigrants entering the country illegally and creating a poor reputation for all foreign immigrants.

All throughout those other threads, a majority of concerned Americans (Natural Born/Legal Immigrant) have supported immigration through legal channels. United States accepts the most immigrants through such legal channels. Many US Legal Immigrants are upset with the illegal immigration here and want it to end. We recognize that our Legal Immigrants are very valuable to our economy, never have any of us ever spoken out against it. We all welcome immigrants who come here legally with open arms.

Now that the US States are having a tougher stance against Illegal Immigrants, they are coming to your borders.

It seems that the neighbors up North will now feel first hand the affect of Illegals that American Citizens have felt for a very long time.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Hopefully they don't make it here and make Toronto another LA. Canadians are very nice and forgiving but we cannot take a load of illegals and support them, we are having a hard time supporting the legals. We pay alot of taxes already.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by habfan1968

Heyyyyyyyyyy!!!! Doncha know, it'll be nice not to shovel your own snow anymore?(higher pitched tone at the question) LOL!

We joke, but you might get the offcasts from Arizona. When there is no work in the wintertime, things could get interesting!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
Meh, we need more population.

Besides, the immigration process her is very easy and simple to accomplish.

All you need is a job and 3 years working in the country.

I say let 'em come.

~Keeper

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by habfan1968
Hopefully they don't make it here and make Toronto another LA. Canadians are very nice and forgiving but we cannot take a load of illegals and support them, we are having a hard time supporting the legals. We pay alot of taxes already.

You live in Toronto?

It is ALREADY like LA.

There's hardly any white folk left.

I am ALL for illegals in Canada, wanna know why?

Cause as stated above, the citizenship process here is VERY simple and we encourage it.

You won't find many employers who will pay people under the table here.

~Keeper

link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Okay, I worked for Honeywell Global Businesses for 7 years in the US, and my job was moved to Canada. Does that qualify me? They didn't offer any of us a relocate!

Edit to add:

And my job was in finance!

[edit on 25-5-2010 by Blanca Rose]

link   

Originally posted by habfan1968

They are already there m8, and many more are headed your way. We here in the US are taking a tougher stance on this now. Canada still has a very soft stance on illegal immigration.

I feel for what is arriving your way, but I believe you are in the minority from what I have observed from most of the Canadians that came to chime in the other threads when we were debating the AZ law.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose

Okay, I worked for Honeywell Global Businesses for 7 years in the US, and my job was moved to Canada. Does that qualify me? They didn't offer any of us a relocate!

Edit to add:

And my job was in finance!

[edit on 25-5-2010 by Blanca Rose]

No.

You need to be working for a Canadian company, one that will sponsor your with a work Visa, which is very easy.

I've done it at least a dozen times in my business.

~Keeper

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

I say let 'em come.

~Keeper

That is what is being reported, its not about letting them come....They are already there and more are coming.

How long do you think jobs will last in Canada once you start seeing the same number of Illegls crossing into Canada as they do here in the US.

How about those Health Care visits? If Canadians think the lines are long now, I would hate to see what they are going to be in the coming months.

Well, economic disaster headed your way....Just when Canada was moved up the economic ladder as the 6th most economic stable country in the world.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
Isn't the entire polulation of canada less than a few cities in the states, plus 3 times the landmass??

We are lonley up here, I LOVE people from mexico!!!! they are sooo fun just like us!

I have had a ton of students and we love each other, same culture, we corrupt them with our beer and they corrupt us with their tequilla, a match made in heaven! lol..

Seriously though, I love the majority, very spiritual without being all religulous and judgemental and fun on top of it.

I don't mind, they are a scratch my back I'll scratch your back people so we can help each other out I am sure.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
We are ready to transfer these numbers to your country:

U S Stats:

22,805,552 Illegal Aliens in country

580,779 Other than Mexican Illegals in country

Source: immigrationcounters.com...

ImmigrationCounters.com provides the key numbers resulting from illegal immigration in the United States. Using the latest government and private sources, research and analysis trending data is factored at their individual rates of increase. Topic related links are provided for you to become more informed by exposing the myths of illegal immigration. For information about the research behind the individual counters, click here Data Sources. ImmigrationCounters.com supports legal immigration and respect for all humanity, yet highlights the significant impact of illegal immigration.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by manta78]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Lmao! That news source has to be one of the worst sources ever. Seriously, can you not find a news source that isn't supported, produced and spouted by right-wing lunatics?

Check the site banner:

Canada Free Press: Because without America there is no Free World.

The CanadaFreePress? It should be called CanadaIsAmerica'sBitchAndEnjoysIt.

The front-page headlines are great too:

It is time to kiss off the U.N.
Obama’s Pro-Terror Policies and Arizona
Climate Change Agenda Exploits Incorrect Assumptions
Modern Liberalism & Islam: An Uncanny Resemblance
Why California Is Bankrupt: Liberals Refuse to “Live Within Our Means”

The list goes on...

In Canada this type is site is considered extremist and ridiculous. That is a good thing. Get this--in Canada they even have a Liberal party! What next?

In any case, the 'news source' is junk and the article itself contains very few facts and lots of opinion.

Inevitably Canada will encounter immigration issues, but the effect will be mitigated by distance and snow. In fact, there are already immigration issues occurring. Try using Google instead of posting right-wing drivel from a nutty web-site.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by prionace glauca

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

I say let 'em come.

~Keeper

That is what is being reported, its not about letting them come....They are already there and more are coming.

How long do you think jobs will last in Canada once you start seeing the same number of Illegls crossing into Canada as they do here in the US.

How about those Health Care visits? If Canadians think the lines are long now, I would hate to see what they are going to be in the coming months.

Well, economic disaster headed your way....Just when Canada was moved up the economic ladder as the 6th most economic stable country in the world.

Sure, you can doom and glood all you want about our econimic disaster.

Just remember why Illegals ruined your country, cause you allowed it to happen.

Were a bit more on the ball when it comes to those sorts of things, like I said.

They will not be illegals for long, as applying for permanent residency and then citizenship is EASY.

You don't get healthcare in Canada without your cards. Without cards you get billed, so I don't really see the point with the Health Care issue you raised.

It's a moot point.

~Keeper

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Toronto, is not like L.A at all. Half of Toronto is Caucasian alone. It is just the blend of different cultures that make it seem more like different kinds of immigrants. I say let them come in to. But with more population/immigration comes more crime.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by manta78

Ya, I don't know the welfare laws in Canada, but this should be a drain on the puclic health system.

Good luck to you Canadians, when you have to fund anchor babies, and pay the health bills for them, too!

Say, higher taxes, anyone?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Plus, I don't believe in borders and countries anyways....... what a crock, you were born in point A so you are not aloud to go to point B even if your straving while some loosers hoards enough for thousands of people on one spot.... disgusting.....

If all the socalled christians out there were true christians there would be no such thing as money, everyone would be helping each other out and not taking advantage of each other overly burdoning others....

I think I should be able to go on any unoccupied land i want and set up my own home and garden as long as I am not infringing on someone elses well being...... one person hoarding thousadns of acres, on the other hand, infringe on him until we all have an equal amount...

Isn't there enough for 4 acres each in austrailia alone??/

We need some equality here were everyone grow their own food and builds their own houses and helpsmtheir friends do the same....screw this corporate world crap!

I guess my theory could be a whole other thread though...

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
...with more population/immigration comes more crime.

No...more crime comes from warehousing poor folk. Most immigrants are grateful for the opportunities offered here and turn into good productive citizens.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by JohnnyCanuck]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by rizla

I would consider you using google the same as prescribed. Don't shoot the messenger.

You yourself are admitting to the immigration issues Canada is facing curently. The article is highlighting exactly that. They might have a fresh way of presenting topics, its still brings into question the scenario being faced now.

As I have come to expect from these boards, many Canadians would welcome Illegals. And many of us American Citizens would gladly send them your way.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mellisamouse

No offense, but I think it's easy for you to spew all of this, because you are not feeding illegals, or paying for their health care.

When your taxes go up, do to the nature of above, you may have a different attitude.

Until then, post your address, so they can all come live at your house!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by Maddogkull
...with more population/immigration comes more crime.

No...more crime comes from warehousing poor folk. Most immigrants are grateful for the opportunities offered here and turn into good productive citizens.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by JohnnyCanuck]

I agree with you completely, Legal Immigrants have always been welcomed and they are all hard working. We welcome with open arms to those who use the Legal Channels.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join