It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tombstone The Movie: Worldwide

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:29 PM
link   
One of my favorite westerns is "Tombstone". Wyatt Earp, Doc Holliday, The Clanton Gang...the OK Corral. If you've never seen it, then this analogy will be lost on you... I suggest you watch it.

Remember the scene at the OK Corral, Val Kilmer and Kurt Russell are looking at The Cowboys/Clanton Gang... watching, wondering who will make the first move? For weeks, the macho-in your face antics had been spiraling out of control. everybody "was gonna prove something"...or "I'll show you."

Everyone has their hand on the pistols, shotguns at the ready, horses kicking with anticipation, sweat dripping from the weathered brow...then, Doc Holliday winks and smiles at one of the Cowboys. What followed was a brief, helter skelter, pistol smoking mess.

Is'nt this where we are in the world today? The US is looking at Iran and Korea. Korea is looking at the US and Iran and China. China is looking at the US. Iran and Syria are looking at Israel, and Israel is looking back, and just over their shoulder, Russia is looking at Georgia. Who's gonna draw and take the first shot?

Long story short, who, if anyone, will be fighting a new war in the next 90 days? Please back your statements as this is an attempt to see where the next flashpoint will likely be.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I think the flashpoint is clearly going to be with North Korea. Little Kimmy has got an itchy trigger finger, and I think that South Korea is "Doc" winking at North Korea. I don't think they will wait for someone to attack them if they think it's coming they will preemptively strike.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
It's Korea for me too.

The whole thing with Iran has been building very slowly and looks like there may be some time to go yet, but things seem to be getting very hot very fast in Korea.

Last i heard was that the North was severing all ties with the south and threatening military action against ship encursions...

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
earp had his own style justice in that movie earp pistoled whipped a dude for smartin off to him-which is kind of funny.......these days earp woulda been branded a "cowboy" (which he was and wasnt) just like bush was.

in reality while north korea does need to be bitch slapped it wont happen with this current administration

the north could invade the south and obama will cut bait and run leavin the south to win or fall on its own.

during the korean war maccarthur pushed the communist north all the way to the chinese border- thats when china got involved.

when there is the korean conflict again china will not sit back and do nothing

blame the current situation with north korean on truman for not letting macarthur do his job.

whille north korea,iran are threats to the us there is one even bigger-china

china is military is growing at an alarming rate-technology
and chinese owner ship of the us with all the money they invest.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by neo96]

new topics

top topics

join