It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israel feels bite of economic boycott

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Israel feels bite of economic boycott

www.presstv.com

Israel has criticized the Palestinian Authority (PA) for boycotting trade in goods made by Israelis living in illegal settlements in the occupied West Bank.

Acting PA chief Mahmoud Abbas called for the boycott in late April to rid the Palestinian markets of the commodities. The PA also hoped to encourage the 27-member European Union to prohibit trade with enterprises based in the settlements.

at least 17 businesses in the Israeli settlement of Ma'aleh Adumim had closed down since the bo
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.bis.doc.gov
www.jta.org

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
This is VERY interesting!
And LOOK AT THIS!

Italian chains boycotting Israeli company’s produce

Two leading Italian supermarket chains will stop importing and selling produce from an Israeli company located in the West Bank.

The decision by Coop and Nordiconad to stop importing fruits and vegetables from the Agrexco company, Israel's main exporter of produce, follows months of pressure from pro-Palestinian groups.
www.jta.org...

NOW how interesting is THAT????
Of Course Congress Knew This was Always a problem

Commerce Under Secretary for Industry and Security Kenneth I. Juster today again reminded U.S. companies of the need to comply with laws and regulations prohibiting U.S. persons from taking actions in support of foreign government boycotts against Israel.

"The U.S. Government is strongly opposed to restrictive trade practices or boycotts targeted at Israel," Juster said. "The Commerce Department is closely monitoring efforts that appear to be made to reinvigorate the Arab boycott of Israel and will use all of its resources to vigorously enforce U.S. antiboycott regulations."

www.bis.doc.gov...

It's not only Palestinians, all over muslims are asking for the boycott of settlements in the West Bank.

I think this is VERY interesting and I can't wait to see how this plays out.

I wish them the best of luck!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

www.presstv.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

new topics

join