It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NORAD in my hometown.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
The local news station here in central Pa. just assured us not to be worried at the sight of fighter jets in the sky tomorrow, as NORAD is doing exercises. For what?

...practice their intercept and identification procedures.

Identification of what?

Scenarios could include counter-drug operations, aircraft in distress, aircraft defecting, hijacking, unknown aircraft, Dangerous Military Activity, Temporary Flight Restriction violation or airborne terrorist.
Source

Oh.

Immediately I am reminded of that silly "Operation Blackjack" thing, and the predictions concerning a suitcase nuke detonated in a private plane. Just a coincidence I guess, but with threads like this going around, I can't shake the feeling that the fat lady is prepping for her final number.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Practice makes perfect.

I wonder how many panic threads will be popping up over these exercises?

We'll start the over/under at 5, any takers?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Will this be affecting anyone else on ATS? I think the word should get out before, like the previous poster said, there are 5 panic threads and the whole situation gets blown out of proportion tomorrow afternoon.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
I didn't mean to sound like a wise guy with the panic threads comment. But with the war drums beating over this Korea's situation, reserves being called up, and everything else going on, I can see people freaking out to see a bunch of fighter jets screaming over head during the day.

Thanks for getting the word out about this

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Goethe

What exactly is that?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   
reply to post by TeddiRevolution

So, if the military does not practice ever - how does the military be good at what it does? Should it just never have exercises?

I just dont get people getting freaked out over the military doing excercies. The military who does not train will be defeated surely!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
reply to post by TeddiRevolution

So, if the military does not practice ever - how does the military be good at what it does? Should it just never have exercises?

I just dont get people getting freaked out over the military doing exercises. The military who does not train will be defeated surely!

I agree to a point. There were a few things in that video that I questioned. At the 35 second mark it mentions "national, international and principal". Apparently there is someone, a group of someones or an agency that is ABOVE the international level. That was telling (imho).

Would have to look up HSEEP doctrine and Eagle Horizon to see if there's anything concerning in those.

Also, forgive my ignorance, but what is meant by "time jumps" at the one minute and fifteen second mark?

*looked up HSEEP and Eagle Horizon-just names for training exercises*

[edit on 26-5-2010 by whitewave]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
maybe they're just trying to improve the appalling response time that they had on 11/9.

top topics

join