It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Census Counting People Twice? Padding Districts?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
This is really odd. In the last three days, five people have told me even though they mailed in their forms filled out many weeks ago, census workers are coming and insisting they fill out another one.

After the shenanigans of ACORN and the Black Panthers working for the Obama Administration I smell a rat here.

How many of you mailed in your Census in plenty of time and yet still had a worker come to your door and want to do a second form? If so, what is the dominant political party in your District?

I've only spoken with maybe a dozen people in the last three days, so that means 40% of the people I have talked to had the same experience. They filled out the forms and mailed them weeks ago.

The USPS looses only about one in one million bits of mail on average. I'm in marketing and very aware of the numbers as people love to lie to avoid payment by saying they mailed it in when they did not. 97% of people lie where a bill is concerned and they are late with a payment. The most common lie (80+%) is they already mailed the check when they did not. If only they knew we keep track and check the postmarks
That was from an internal study done by a State Credit Bureau using 15 years of data. They wanted to know what percentage of people lie when they owe money. I worked with the man who funded the study and conducted it.

Knowing this, it is impossible that five of the twelve or so people I've spoken too would in the same week tell me the same story. They are in fact collecting double copies of some peoples filled out Census forms.

Conspiracy? You tell me? What say you all?

Is this happening only in certain districts or all of them. Is this intentional or due to complete incompetency on the part of the people running the Census. Either is bad in my book. Census data can influence elections and if you all remember, Obama was originally going to do the whole Census under the auspices of the White House.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Given that a SS# is required for all those counted in the census, I find it difficult to believe that one will be counted twice, as the computer systems will easily recognize this redundancy.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Census workers padding their hours, more likely...

Although I wouldn't discount it as an independent, though widespread, phenomenon. I figure everyone is in favor of more votes/money for their home state.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
It's just so odd that I'm hearing it from so many. All of them said it has been over a month since they sent it in and a couple sent it in back at the beginning.

They say the Census Workers act like they are lying and just tell them that there is no record and make them fill it out again. At the least they have messed up some how. How could anyone trust their numbers?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Hardly anyone where I am is being counted at all.

First, 90% of us have P.O. Boxes. Some rule kept the gov from putting forms in the P.O. Boxes.

Two boxes of forms were left out for people to pick up. One box at the town hall another at the library. They were left there with absolutely no notification or advertising for one week then promptly removed by the same worker who put them out.

Just last week a notice went into the local paper saying "pick up your forms at the town hall and library."

Well, that's great but they took the forms away a month or more ago.

Half-assed doesnt begin to describe this census debacle.

Maybe with a district being counted twice and my town and several surrounding towns not being counted at all things will even out.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Census sending out two forms.

About 40 million “replacement” Census questionnaires are being sent nationwide to households in areas with low mail return rates, even if those households already have returned the first form they received, Census officials announced on Thursday.

And just days after completing their paid training, hundreds of Census enumerators in Northern Virginia were abruptly laid off without explanation on Thursday.

Census officials said mailing out a second form is designed to increase census mail participation, get a better headcount for the states, and save taxpayers the cost of sending out census takers to collect information.

The Census Bureau estimates that mailing a second questionnaire “in targeted areas” could save more than $500 million and raise the participation rate by 7 to 10 percentage points.

But what about double counting?

We have a low return rate here according to the news about three weeks ago. So yes they are double dipping, even through the mail.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

I'd like to know how they are going to deal with these double submissions and whose favor it will lean towards?

They say its Conservatives not sending them in and I think that is the polar opposite to the past. Smells bad to me.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Not to fuel the fires of conspiracy or anything but my town as well as most of the surrounding towns did go McCain in 2008.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   
i have sent in two census forms. two weeks ago a young female college student (i live very near UT Austin) knocks on my door and tells me THEY HAVE NOT RECEIVED ANY OF MY FORMS?????????????????

THIS IS BS. I told her to beat it. she explained it was the law. i replied, "fine, go get the law." i haven't heard from anyone yet....

Note:
- I live in very liberal Austin, TX
- when I told her "no", she asked for a phone number, i said "mail another form to me", she has not
- i do not sign documents, i do not share any personal info, i do not do business with anyone on my front porch and i do not invite anyone inside. if its soooo important they can send me a third form to fill out.
- i would really like to know where my 2 completed forms went! (government incompetent fools)

[edit on 25-5-2010 by normal_human_being]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
Strange I've been thinking about this situation over the last week. I filled out the census right away and sent it in. Then last week I found a note taped to my door from a census worker who stopped by. I called the number on the note and apparently they lost mine too.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by InvisibleObserver]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
reply to post by normal_human_being

All you are required to give is how many people, ages and sex. That is it.

I'm finding examples of double counting mentioned all over the place. I just talked to one of the people I mentioned in the OP. She clearly mailed her's back at the beginning. They had her fill out another entire form and told her it did not matter if she had mailed it in or not.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleObserver

You too? The evidence is mounting here.

I never received one at my home in the first place. My Wife answered the questions for the girl who came to our house later on. She sat in our driveway waiting for us for a couple of hours if my neighbor was right. Two hours just sitting there waiting right in the middle of a normal workday?

At best we are looking at incompetence paid for by us.

Since everyone is required to get a SS# right after birth now. They have an accurate count of citizens already. Only Illegals would be unknown and they can not use them to determine Districts unless they break the law.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   
This should come as no surprise to anyone. The census is a huge opportunity for the elitist scum who currently infest DC to tilt the numbers in their favor and steal future elections so they stay high on power. And how are they doing it? The same way they do everything: Fraud, deceit, lying. It's the liberal way, baby.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Whoa, wonder if the census workers get paid by the visit or by the hour? 2 hours just sitting there in the middle of a workday, of course nobody is home, but I'll just sit here anyway dilly dattling in my car.

Yea I was like what is this thing on my door when I came home? Then was confused to see it was the census. I think I still have the note sitting around some where, I could take a pic of it and post it up if you would like to check it out for the discussion.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleObserver

The note they leave on their third visit. What is most odd is that people who mailed their form in long ago are getting visited. Somebody is messing up somewhere, for some reason. Or, and most likely, it's just incompetent temps.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

"who CURRENTLY occupy DC"?

Both parties have supplied corrupt admins for decades

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:29 PM
link   
I did some gov't contracting work w/ the company that is one of the "1-800" call centers for the 2010 census. During that time, the company was performing OTDR1 aka Operation Dry Test Run1.

It sounds fancy but it wasn't all that. They had soon-to-be call center workers to help the IT/compter nerds work out the bugs in their software that the call center was using to answer your questions. Like scripted responses or updates on their other sites and so on.

I do know that if you fill out the 2010 census w/ funny answers or simply write your name and thats it, you WILL be getting a knock to follow-up.

People who live in rural areas will have a census worker swing by.

I was able to grab a peek and eaves-drop on some of their "mock-calls" and they LOVE throwin' around Title 13. It's amazing what people will talk about during their lunch breaks at that place.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
2010 Census participation map

2008 presidential election results by congressional district

for a breakdown more in-line with the Census' site;

2008 presidential election results by county

Slightly off-topic; keep in mind that 48 states go with majority rules, not all counties are of equal size while all districts are roughly equal.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by JWash

What I'm finding is people, who I have no reason to disbelieve, who say they mailed in their forms filled out long ago and are still getting visited and made to fill out a second form.

I also realize how incompetent most government run endeavors are, so I guess it is most likely just that. It is also quite possible that Census data could be misused.

new topics

top topics

join