It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

'Freedom Flotilla' aid convoy sets off for Gaza

page: 2
16
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

If the convoy ignores the order, the navy plans to block their path, using special forces soldiers to board and take control of the ships.

The convoy will then be directed to the Israeli port of Ashkelon, where police and migration authorities will detain the activists and eventually deport them to their countries of origin, the army said.


www.haaretz.com...

These ships will not be in Israeli waters at any point. They will be in Palestinian and International waters.

Who the # do this Israeli administration think they are exactly?




posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Israel has already stated that it would deliver the aid so i dont know where you get the whole "they are preventing medicine and food from getting in" from?



Originally posted by Silcone Synapse
How any country can think it is acceptable to prevent food and medical supplies getting to a starving sick population is beyond my comprehension.

Unless I entertain the idea that the intended result is the slow death by starvation and disease of such a population.

The UN should have been sent in years ago-Its not up to israel to say who lives and dies in Gaza IMO.

Imagine if Saddam had done the same to his neighbors-the west would have called it attempted genocide.

But of course we are not allowed to say that about our "friend" israel.



posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
[edit on 26-5-2010 by princeofpeace]



posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
There are no "Palestinian waters'. Palestine is not a country so how do you figure?



Originally posted by Peruvianmonk


If the convoy ignores the order, the navy plans to block their path, using special forces soldiers to board and take control of the ships.

The convoy will then be directed to the Israeli port of Ashkelon, where police and migration authorities will detain the activists and eventually deport them to their countries of origin, the army said.


www.haaretz.com...

These ships will not be in Israeli waters at any point. They will be in Palestinian and International waters.

Who the # do this Israeli administration think they are exactly?



posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:59 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace
 


The state of Palestine was recognised by a multitude of states when it was announced in 1988 by Yasser Arafat.

They are internationally recognised as Palestinian waters. Waters which contain a hell of a lot of natural gas which the Israelis are attempting to illegally obtain.



posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:02 PM
link   
My buddies say im a genius. Unfortunuately (or fortunately depending on who you ask), it takes more than just them to confirm my status as a genius.

Much like the Palestinian issue, just because Ara-RAT-face announced that that Palestine was a state and was recognized by a few does not make them a state. The UN doesnt consider them one.


Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
reply to post by princeofpeace
 


The state of Palestine was recognised by a multitude of states when it was announced in 1988 by Yasser Arafat.

They are internationally recognised as Palestinian waters. Waters which contain a hell of a lot of natural gas which the Israelis are attempting to illegally obtain.




posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace
 


But 93 countries do recognise the State of Palestine.
forum.letssingit.com...

And everyone else recognises Palestine as a 'De Facto' state.

The U.N. also considers the Israeli occupation of the West Bank and East Jerusalem illegal.

Your right about one thing though you are not a genius.



posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I hope that it is AID and not the usual crap that I myself have confescated many times in the past,,,

I hope its food and meds.... But I doubt it.... You guys live in a city of delusion.....

Aid..... Shalom... I hope so...



posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Yissachar1
 


What as in weapons intended for a legitimate defense of Palestinian territory against Israeli acts of war? I do hope so.



posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.



posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
Here is an al-Jazeera video on this same subject...



posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
I dont see "Palestine" on any currently accepted world maps!! Who is their delegation to the UN?
Hmmm....




Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
reply to post by princeofpeace
 


But 93 countries do recognise the State of Palestine.
forum.letssingit.com...

And everyone else recognises Palestine as a 'De Facto' state.

The U.N. also considers the Israeli occupation of the West Bank and East Jerusalem illegal.

Your right about one thing though you are not a genius.



posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.



posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions



posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:02 AM
link   
Friendly advice while we can all still post.

General ATS Discussion Etiquette – Please Review This Link.


Semper



posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis
 


Thanks Semper, it was getting a bit ridiculous.

Link to JanusFins thread which includes a link to a livefeed from the flottila.

www.abovetopsecret.com...


The ship "Mavi Marmara" has left Antalya port to meet the other 8 ships of the "Freedom Flotilla" in international sea south of Cyprus.


english.sol.org.tr...

It won't be long now. Good luck.



posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
great, i see the irsreal internet propeganda machine has kicked in , as per usual with any isreal / palestine related topic on ats.

anyone remember the paid blogged post that got removed a few days ago ?? im guessing this dude was on that list!

Edit - Im shocked that anyone be it isreali or anyone else can actualy stand and defend anyone trying to stop this peacefull attempt at bringing aid to a country which is getting slowly choked to death by an oppressive aggressor!

how would you like to be locked up in a prison for doing absolutely nothing, and worse having thinks kept from you but at the same time you know the things are at the other side of a guarded wall just meters away.?

[edit on 28-5-2010 by boaby_phet]



posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk
 


As much as a laud the attempt to bring aid into the area and break the deadlock that has arrisen.. I am concerned that some will hijack this and turn it around somehow..

You only have to look at how my local lass Sally Becker (aka Angel of Mostarr) got demonised in the MSM to know how these things can get turned upside down.

Angel of Mostar accepts libel damages



posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull
 


Oh agreed. But i think this is going to be more damaging for the Israelis than anything else.

They are doing everything to prevent this inevitable negative PR. Check out this report from AlJazeera.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Peruvianmonk]



posted on May, 28 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk
 


Thank you for the link


Well, I for one hope the aide gets through to those who need it, and that this is more than a one off and does not cause the Palestinians to end up in a worse situation...

The world is rather upside down and the moment.. apologies for the negativity.

On the plus side, my hope is that peace can be reached in the region and the Palestinians will join the Commonwealth and be able to compete at the Commonwealth games
that'll be a good day for the world and the region.



new topics

top topics



 
16
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join