It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Self-Fulfilling Prophecy of 2012: Mass Suicide

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mclinking

The explicitly named suicides were all cults. The WWII suicides were different. Some of them were soldiers. Some of them were Germans fearful of the approaching Soviet army.

But back on topic, it seems that cults lead to mass suicides, but the general population does not consider suicide a thing to do in the face of suggestions of doom and gloom despite the numerous end of the world scenarios that are put out every few years.

I'm open to any suggestions that this is not the case.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
i agree that this is a huge problem. although i am not a believer, trouble could ensue

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
BUMP

[edit on 5-7-2010 by SubPop79]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
well if anybody is foolish enough to believe all this garbage then all I can say is simply this...

Drink the Koolaid

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
I have heard of a teen in high school who was busted for having sex in the bathroom and blamed her decision on not wanting to die a virgin in 2012. Could it just be a creative excuse? Maybe, but it does underscore the point that young people are thinking of it as a plausible cause for death nonetheless. My concern is not so much what the believers will do if 2012 passes uneventfully, but what they will do at the first sign of "trouble" whether hoaxed or real. It's not at all implausible that some would kill themselves if they honestly thought "Nibiru" was suddenly appearing in the sky and about to rain down death and destruction or cause a physical pole shift.

What would happen if a hoaxer like Jcattera appeared in December 2012 and started posting videos of an "approaching object" that wasn't just another lens flare near the sun, but rather a bright planet-like object with specific coordinates in a specific orbit that he claimed could only be seen in IR? Even better, what if he posted faked evidence that it was causing the asteroid belt to be disrupted or showed the north star being moved out of position? How many of the 2012 cultists would panic to such an extreme that they off themselves rather than face the imminent consequences? How many more would grab their panic bags and "bug out," quitting their jobs, uprooting their families, and seriously disrupting their lives all over a hoax? There is serious potential for harm here, not all of it in the form of suicide, and not all of it requiring a real attack or real disruption, just the perception of it.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by SubPop79

You msunderstand what 2011-2012 is all about.

The mass suicides will not come beforehand or during dec 21 2012. They will come weeks AFTER,one of whom will be me for example. You see, why kill yourself before? The ascension to another level of evolution takes place during 2011-2012, not jsut 1 day alone.This is just the final date of the calendar,when the events and main event suppsoedly all coem together. But if nothing happens by the end of 2012,there will be many many suicides I'm afraid in january of 2013.And like I said earlier,I will potentially kill myself. not because of fear of ANYTHING, but namely because there won't be any motivation to live on after that point for me. This world is disgustingkwith all it's barbarian antics,primitive cultures,religions,ignorant people,intentional evil acts etc. IT IS NOT WORTH IT to continue living in this #hole many of you call home. This place disgusts me as it is,and while it has much good within it,I will make sucide happen for myself in jan of 2013 or thereabouts.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Valeri

I am very, very sorry to say that, but I see it very, very, damn very simmilar. Work and cosume to make rich richer and the poor more poor, thats all? Then death is a very welcome alternative to me too.

add:

alternative: take over the power, - and force the sheep to get good. But that will anyway not work, so to "exit" ist probably the only way for good, sensitive people. After we are gone, the devil and his sheeps can take over this playround of cruel and gore.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by cushycrux]

posted on Aug, 15 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
a good way to filter out the idiots and sheeple of society i think no great loss

posted on Aug, 16 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
Sounds to me that working to improve things is too much to ask of people. Why try and fix things and improve the world when you can simply give up and kill yourself.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join