It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tylenol recall: Serious side effects investigated

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Tylenol recall: Serious side effects investigated

money.cnn.com

NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- The Food and Drug Administration is looking into reports of at least 775 serious side effects from drugs recalled by McNeil, a division of Johnson & Johnson, according to a source close to a Congressional investigation.

Included in the reports were 30 deaths

The FDA is also investigating reports of several hundred serious side effects -- or "adverse events" -- and seven deaths since May 1,
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Something is going on here. There have been 10s of millions of doses of Tylenol given out over the years and now they are discussing 775 adverse side effects? This has had to have been going on for quite some time based on the speed the FDA moves and we are only now finding out about it?

My guess is that this "Tylenol" is not you're fathers "Tylenol" and that something has changed, either in the underlying ingredients, probably to make them cheaper to compete with generics or in the manufacturing process, again to make the product cheaper. Something has to have changed or there would be a ton of reports of this stuff out there. The volume of the issues is either being covered up or there is something else going on.

If there are 775 serious side effects, how long has the government known about them?

money.cnn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
I haven't had Tylenol for over 10years now
I seldom, but sometimes, use Advil
usually I just endure the pain but try other things

If I have a toothache I put cloves in my mouth and spread a form of eastern salt on my gums also rinse my mouth with apple cider, if I have a headache I use ginger and/or lemon grass. Or all these other kind of things.

I'm glad i'm a skeptic! I'm also glad I made many people like me skeptics.

Also NEVER EVER use anything from BAYER!!!!!

Thanks for the thread though

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I've been having adverse reactions to Tylenol lately too. Feel very hungover the next day.
Usually I can tolerate copious amounts of pharmaceuticals without much trouble. .

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:28 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by dolphinfan

Ok, this needs to be discussed. My best friends brother died from a combination of tylenol, and an anti depressant. He would forget to take the anti depressant, although he had, and just couldn't remember, get headaches, and then take tylenol because of the overedose of the meds he thought he forgot to take. A never ending cycle. He was in bad shape, but yet only 28 years old at TOD.

I hope his family gets some justice!

He died of kidney failure, do to toxicity of the anti depressant, and tylenol.

RIP JOHN!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

I take tylenol and anti depressant everyday, what may I ask was he taking that caused such toxicity? I have never seen a warning about this.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:42 PM
link   
Could the deaths be a result of mixing the Tylenol with other pharmaceuticals or mixing the Tylenol with alcohol and or a combination of both?

Ive been taking Tylenol extra strength rapid release gels over the last year, well aware of the recalls and the strange odor from some of the batches, but haven't noticed any strange odors in the bottles and haven't experienced any side effects. If anything the Tylenol I've been taking seems to be working better than in previous years to combat headaches.

Thanks for bringing this to our attention in any case, and take at your own risk.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamherefornow

I think it was a combination of Haldol, and tylenol. Not positive, but I will check with his sister.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Blanca Rose

Sorry to hear of the passing of your friend's brother. Has the family contacted a lawyer?

Usually the cause of kidney failure in Acetaminophen cases turns out to be from consuming alcohol. Did he drink anything at the time?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
And this is why I self medicate.

And also why I have a second line.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   
I have bad allergies and the only thing that stops the massive head pain is a combo of tylenol and benadryl. The side effects i get are the same as if i took 4 shots of tequila

new topics

top topics

join