It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dream ESP???

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 7 2003 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Does anyone have a dream only to have parts of that dream come true later?
This has been happening often to me and it's kinda freaky.

[Edited on 18-3-2003 by mig12]

posted on Mar, 8 2003 @ 07:18 PM
link   
I guess noone does, or can offer an explanation.

posted on Mar, 9 2003 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Hi

That has happened to me, kinda freaks the hell out of me as well!!

I normally get that freaky feeling when i'm busy doing something and then i have to switch over to Sky News and it's normally the Breaking News coming up!!!

I hate it when it happens as i was watching the TV on 9/11 when i got it and saw what had happened.

Get back to me if that happens to you!

posted on Mar, 9 2003 @ 09:06 AM
link   
I have had that happen a couple of times... I will have a dream and have something in that drea come true, but have forgotten about it in the dream till it happens... really wierd deja vu feeling...

Hey Raven!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 9 2003 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Yeah...good to finally talk to you in!!

Had it once at work and when the phone rang, it was J (you know who i'm talking about!) saying that he was coming in five minutes later than planned.

When i went to tell the commander, he nodded and i met him at the gates...love at first sight!!

The worst time, apart from 9/11..

when i was having a snooze in the empty bunk in the hospital, doing a 16 hour shift; i had a dream about a guy in a fire. When the alarm went off..i ran through and could identifiy the injured man and knew exactly where he was hurt in the chest!!!!

Kinda freaked the hell out of my work mates as well!!

posted on Mar, 9 2003 @ 09:37 AM
link   
Hmm....
Does anyone know whta it is triggered by?

posted on Mar, 9 2003 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Have no clue...

posted on Mar, 9 2003 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Happens to me all the time, deja vu too. I feel that I am experiencing something again but I cant remember from where. It really freaks me out.

XAOS

posted on Mar, 9 2003 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I just dreamt that I was going out with Jennifer Lopez
*wishes it to be precognition*

XAOS

posted on Mar, 9 2003 @ 12:26 PM
link   
The medical term for deja vu is that one side of your brain works slightly faster than the other..approx 1 nano-second and the release of the chemicals in your brain make the slower side remember what you saw!!

If your eyes just went crossed then read the medical journals in Newscientist.com.

Have a good laugh!!

posted on Mar, 9 2003 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Happens to me, too. Most of the time it's just something ordinary, like walking, or something. I'll just freeze for a second. It's freaky. Now if I could just control it...

posted on Mar, 9 2003 @ 01:55 PM
link   
This happens to me all the time. The best example I can give happened to me about 2 years ago. I had a dream that I was in a car accident, and a week later I did. Some jackass ran a stop sign and I slammed my Jeep Cherokee right into him. Thank god I wasn't going fast because if I was I would not be here today. We both suffered minor injuries.

posted on Mar, 9 2003 @ 06:55 PM
link   
One night recently, after I had woke up, my boyfriend told me that I had been talking in my sleep (I frequently do this). Anyway, he told me that I had asked him if he wanted some "Hebrew soup." I told him that I didn't remember dreaming anything.

Out of curiosity, he checked the internet to see if there is a recipe for Hebrew soup. The first link that came up was one that translates English into the Hebrew language. As a result, he decided to check out the site. Well, when he typed in the word "soup" in order to get the translation, to his surprise, he found out that the word "soup" is translated into Hebrew as the word "marak."

Coincidentally his name is "Mark." Also, the word "marak" is pronounced the same as his name.

Needless to say, this "freaked" both of us out!!!

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Just a couple of days ago it happened again!

I was dreaming and someone asked me for my SSN. I went to find it in the files. I looked and looked but I couldn't find it. When I woke and turned on the radio, I heard about someone stealing SSN's at the University of Texas.

Am I clairvoiant?

posted on Mar, 18 2003 @ 12:22 PM
link   
I can admit it happens to me, sometimes more frequently.
Let me try to explain that better.
Whe I get one of these preminitons, it is usually followed by atleast 3 more. Most of the time I can't remember them, but all of the ones strong enough to remember come true. Had this since I was a little kid.
Usually doesn't give me enough warning to do anything about it though. Event usually occurs within an hour. Can't see that far forward yet.

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 05:48 AM
link   
...the problem is I know that I had a dream ESP only after hings I dreamt happen.

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 09:47 AM
link   
i believe it occurs because of small pieces of information you take into your subconcious during your waking hours. during sleep i think your brain automatically tries to organise and give structure to that which you didnt have time to consciously process during the day and that this is the substance of dreams.

for example, before ravenstar's dream she may have already caught a glimpse of the man who was in the fire just passing him in a hallway of the hospital. if she knows the layout of the building she could subconsciously know who might be in danger were a fire to occur. and finally, she could have seen somebody smoking in the hospital in an area where it was prohibited.

think of how many people and events you walk past everyday and don't take any notice of or simply don't have time to process, especially in such a busy environment as a hostpital. but you see thousands of people, faces, objects and situations, then where in your mind does that image go once you've chosen to focus your attention elsewhere? does it just leak outta you brain? i don't think so. an example of how this works would be how familiar some people look but you don't recall ever meeting them before.

so, occasionally your dreams restructure the information from your subconcious in a way that is close to reality forming the perception of ESP, and in a way it is a kind of extra sensory perception. it is similar to conscious perception/intuition/predictions but its little more than hit and miss, nowhere near as effective to the average individual. i believe that it totally relates to your activities, experiences and interactions during waking hours. thats why one day you'll dream about something that will occur in the future, or if you've been watching cartoons then pink bunny rabbits might start falling out of the sun. and most often you won't remember you dreamt about a situation until it actually happens because the dreams havent been realistic enough for you to rely on them in the past.

this all relates to why we need to sleep because it gives us a chance to process the immense amount of information that has slipped to the back of our minds during our waking hours. i believe that REM is a tool that helps to create images, and allows us to experience the processing of the information in the way we are most likely to make sense of it, in a very similar manner to our waking experience.

to me sleep still remains an enigma and i'm sure the questions i have will remain unanswered and these theories will remain unproven for some time(or will be disproven). i am not suggesting that this is an explanation for what occurs during all ESP, remote viewing or astral projection, nor am i trying to disprove such claims. i am simply offering an explanation as to why so many people have strange dream experiences of future events/occurences. but with training in lucid dreaming and other such techniques i believe it is possible to advance the experience and the power of our minds in and out of the dreaming state to become much more in tune with situations which may eventually transpire. but i get too much enjoyment out of my dreams to start tampering.

BTW, for those interested in the different levels/states of consciousness aswell as the science and philosophy involved may i recommend richard linklater's 'waking life' as being a most excellent movie!

[Edited on 19/3/2003 by bottledchips]

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by mig12

I was dreaming and someone asked me for my SSN. I went to find it in the files. I looked and looked but I couldn't find it. When I woke and turned on the radio, I heard about someone stealing SSN's at the University of Texas.

Am I clairvoiant?

Were you sleeping with the radio on? Maybe you heard it on the radio while you were sleeping, and it became part of your dream.

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 01:43 PM
link   
...if you know the relation speed/matter prove by enstein, sometimes, radio waves or microwaves can feedback thru the past...

posted on Mar, 19 2003 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican

Originally posted by mig12

Am I clairvoiant?

Were you sleeping with the radio on? Maybe you heard it on the radio while you were sleeping, and it became part of your dream.

Nah, I don't sleep with it on.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join