It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There is no such thing as ~Too Big To Fail~

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Think about it.

It's a term we've heard a lot lately. Our corporate bank masters have conditioned us to believe in this theory. If they fail, you would most certainly fail, right?

Let me list some things that will, without a doubt, FAIL.

1. the Sun
  2. the Solar System
  3. our Galaxy
  4. our Universe

Now, that last one is obviously up for debate.

Given enough time, everything fails. Rome failed. All of the atoms in your body will eventually rearrange or disperse into something else.

Don't tell me a bank is too big to fail. We should have let them all fail before the bailouts started.

Our descendants will hate us for this.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by Signals]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I completely agree with you. Let them fail!

If Mussolini called fascism the merger of corporate and state power, what is more fascist than hijacking American taxpayers' money to bail out corporations that don't deserve a dime. Now the European Union needs a 1 trillion dollar bailout and the Federal Reserve and European central banks come to the rescue. The odds are stacked against us.

I was just looking up the costs of the Iraq War. It is about to pass the 1 trillion dollar mark. Iraq has a population of 30.7 million. We could have given each family of four in Iraq over $126,000 and told them to get rid of Saddam. Hhmmmm...I wonder what we're really there for???

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by aenfroy87

Those numbers are huge, never thought about it like that.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   
The whole theory of being 'too big to fail' is to keep public confidence in the banking system.

Did lining the pockets of the people in charge of the mess, using taxpayers money, restore confidence?

It's poor half measure that gives none of the efficiency gains of the right and none of the social responsibility of the left.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
agreed. Too big too fail is a joke.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   
Next they will attempt to convince us BP is too big to fail.

Right before they go into bankruptcy and reset.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
I'm trying to remember which one of the 'too big to fail' companies it was now, but they got a bailout a year or two ago, and just recently they were complaining that they are in danger of failing AGAIN and want a bailout AGAIN. (it was on ATS and in the newspaper a few weeks ago)

Let them fail. It's better than the alternative.

There IS such a thing as 'too stupid to succeed'. We've seen that an awful lot recently. In fact, I'm going to make that one of my new catchphrases. Too stupid to succeed. Not bad, considering I'm so tired I'm about to pass out :p

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
I think they mean the consequences are far greater the larger something is. Which is true.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnze
I think they mean the consequences are far greater the larger something is. Which is true.

Precisely.

But nobody wants to accept those consequences, so then the job is to convince us that if some big bank isn't making money, it will cause everyone to lose money. Even if they break even you would lose money.

Sounds crazy, right?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Yeah man i know, but as #d up as our system of finance is, allowing it to collapse would cause some pretty immediate and unwanted side affects. Where do we draw the line?, as serious serious rammifications and knock on effects are more than garaunteed with this sorta ah # it, let it all collapse no biggy mentality.

I kinda like being able to withdraw money and buy treats from my local shop, im at a place in my life where i dont want to have to shoot my neighbour for his shinys and barter with THE BAD MEN for the things i need

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Too Big To Fail is evil rhetoric that flies in the face of Anti-trust laws that were put in place to prevent companies from getting "too big to fail" to begin with.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

There is no what should be, there is only what is.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

Anti-trust laws are what is, and what is ignored in order to bail out what should be.

new topics

top topics

join