It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP wants to turn off live feed before next attempt to fix leak.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

BP wants to turn off live feed before next attempt to fix leak.

www.cbsnews.com

Oil company BP may shut off the live feed to Congress and the Internet of the massive oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico tomorrow during its next attempt to seal the oil leak.

Rep. Ed Markey (D-Mass.), one of several legislators who forced BP to make the video feed public, said today that BP informed him the feed would be cut off when they try their "top kill" effort to stop the flow of oil. Markey called the move "outrageous."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Why would they want to turn it off?
I'm starting to believe that the live feed is a looping video like it was mentioned in other threads.
Why else would they not want anyone to see what they are doing or not doing?
Is it a secret technology or are they not going to do what they said they were going to do?
If there is no camera there, how is anyone going to know if they even tried stopping the leak?

www.cbsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Other news links related to this:
Huffington Post

Rep. Markey yesterday had also asked BP to provide all 12 available feeds from the accident site, and yesterday released a YouTube video showing the differences between the one feed the public has been allowed to see and the 12 possible feeds available to BP.

WWLTV Louisiana

But BP spokesman John Curry said Tuesday the company is still evaluating whether it will be possible to provide a live feed and no decision has been made.

I have not yet found the reason for not having the live feed on.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
This is straight from the congressman's website.

Congressman Markey's website

BP informed Rep. Markey’s office that the live feed would be terminated some time early Wednesday morning, and would continue to be offline until after the attempt at the so-called “top kill” is completed.

So....they are not saying that they are considering taking the feed offline, they are saying that they are going to take it offline and keep it off until they are done with the attempt. My question is, WHY??

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Elieser
This is straight from the congressman's website.

Congressman Markey's website
So....they are not saying that they are considering taking the feed offline, they are saying that they are going to take it offline and keep it off until they are done with the attempt. My question is, WHY??

They never had to provide a video feed to begin with, I could only guess that they will be cutting the feed so they can move the cameras and put more equipment into place.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
Just imagen... You are in control of the robotic sub they will use to fix the problem. You don't know of their plans, you just believe you can fix this huge global problem.. Just one try, that is all you got. the weight of the world rests on your shoulders...

And you know that millions of lurkers are screaming, No! not that way, what is he doing, I knew they would screw up..

hey, I would turn the cam of too.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by yellowcard
They never had to provide a video feed to begin with, I could only guess that they will be cutting the feed so they can move the cameras and put more equipment into place.

Wrong; congress pressurised them to provide cameras.. BP never did it out of the goodness of their heart. Who are you, an apologist for BP? Sounds like you are siding with them.

Anyway, it's been announced that BP will be providing a live feed for the top kill attempt - again - because of public pressure - not because they want to do do it.

edition.cnn.com...

Personally, I think it's pointless. Just been watching the BP live cam, and just witnessed another huge explosion down there, followed by a screen full of grey smoke, when it cleared, there's just a huge gaping hole in the sea bed floor with oil literally pouring out of the entire thing. Not like the 'leak' we saw just a few hours earlier. It's getting worse as we speak.

And we also have experts saying that the spill cannot be contained, and that it will take 9000 days (24 years) for the well to expire.

In other words, we are screwed.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by RiotComing]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Elieser

This is insane. They should be transparent as possible considering what they are responsible for. I am not pleased with the Presidents response and have written many letters. One yesterday complained about this very absence of cameras today. (not that they listen
)
I did not consider it but in the last CNN link they mention the US turning to the Saudi's for information.

This is a round up of remedies although there really is no solution.

"National Hair Drive" blog.newsweek.com...

The "Tampon" Solution offered here…(orig by another ATS poster)
www.winknews.com...

And these 3 - a little from each transcript follows
transcripts.cnn.com...

1. PRAIRIE GRASS

1. One of them is prairie grass to help clean up the oil slick. Now, this Minnesota farmer says that he has about 600,000 pounds of it. Don Vogt says that the grass naturally floats, and with the help of the water, collects the oil. DON VOGT, MINNESOTA FARMER: The oil is probably leaning on the ocean at maybe 16 centimeters thick. If this stuff was put out in the right way and with the water action, it's going to make a mat this thick. Now, if they can put a magnesium torch on it, then it will burn.

2. SUGAR POWDER

2. The owner of one Boca Raton company saying that he has this biodegradable material, and it's perfect for stopping oil from washing ashore, and he says all you do is you sprinkle this powder substance on to the oil, and within weeks, it turns into dirt. The powder is made from sugar cane and fibers and also it has microbes that actually eat the oil.

3. DOG FOOD BAGS

3. This is from a material, the same material that's made to make bags of rice or dog food. This material is woven into a string like -- WHITFIELD: Wow! FERRE: Yes, a material there that you see, and it attracts oil absorbing the water, and they call it the quicker oil picker upper.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by rusethorcain]

new topics

top topics

join