It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jihadist al-Awlaki: Washington Post Saved Me From Airstrike!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Anwar al-Awlaki, the U.S.-born imam linked to the Fort Hood shooting spree in Texas in November, the botched Christmas Day airliner bombing, and the failed Times Square bombing early this month, credited the Washington Post with tipping him off and allowing him to elude a U.S. airstrike in Yemen in December.

Most of the attention given to al-Awlaki’s lengthy interview in an al-Qaida video released Sunday has focused on his call to kill civilian Americans. But far more provocative is his revelation of how the U.S. media can inadvertently assist and protect al-Qaida terrorists. “I had posted an article of mine in support of what Nidal Hasan did,” al-Awlaki said in Arabic, referring to the Army major now charged with 13 murder counts in the Fort Hood massacre. “And so, they shut down my website.” Al-Awlaki added, “Then I read in the Washington Post that they were monitoring my communications. So I was forced to stop these communications. I left that region, and then the American air strikes took place.”

A Nov. 16, 2009 Washington Post article on al-Awlaki written by Sudarsan Raghavan of the Post’s Foreign Service -- with a dateline of Sanaa, Yemen and featuring contributions from Post staff writer Spencer S. Hsu in Washington -- included the revelation from anonymous federal law enforcement officials that the terrorist cleric was under surveillance. “U.S. intelligence agencies intercepted e-mails from Hasan” to al-Awlaki, the Post story revealed, “but the FBI concluded that they posed no serious danger and that an investigation was unnecessary,” the law enforcement officials told the paper.

Homeland Security intelligence subcommittee chairwoman Jane Harman (D-Calif.) calls al-Awlaki “terrorist number one in terms of threat against us.” President Obama earlier this year issued an unusual “capture or kill” order against him.

The radical imam described alleged Fort Hood mass murderer Hasan in the video interview as “a student of mine, and I am proud of this.” He added that “what he did was a heroic act, a wonderful operation. I ask Allah to make him steadfast, to protect him, and to free him.” And he called on all Muslims “to follow in his footsteps, and to wage Jihad by speech or by action. Nidal Hasan set a wonderful example, and I ask Allah to make it a beginning, and that many other Muslims will follow in his footsteps.”

Source: www.newsmax.com...

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
not much to say about this one, other than: Loose Lips Sink Ships!!!!!

I think it is fair to say that any thoughts anyone had previously about the MSM being a little too informative AGAINST the USAs best interest for a long, long time-has just been confirmed.

When will they learn, or more importantly, when will the people that feed the press this info learn that it only offers ammo to the enemy?

Of course, unless they were doing it on purpose? Hmmmm.

new topics

join