It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pushy fliers may show up on TSA's radar

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

WASHINGTON — Airline passengers who get frustrated and kick a wall, throw a suitcase or make a pithy comment to a screener could find themselves in a little-known Homeland Security database.

The Transportation Security Administration says it is keeping records of people who make its screeners feel threatened as part of an effort to prevent workplace violence.

Privacy advocates fear the database could feed government watch lists and subject innocent people to extra airport screening.

"Is this going to be the baby watch list? There's a potential for the misuse of information or the mischaracterization of harmless events as potential threats," American Civil Liberties Union lawyer Michael German said.

A TSA report says the database can include names, birth dates, Social Security numbers, home addresses and phone numbers of people involved in airport incidents, including aggressors, victims and witnesses.

Incidents in the database include threats, bullying or verbal abuse, remarks about death or violence, brandishing a real or fake weapon, intentionally scaring workers or excessive displays of anger such as punching a wall or kicking equipment, the report says.

www.usatoday.com...

This database was created in 2007. I guess most of us have never heard of it.
Even people getting angry are on the list.
Anyone who has tried to fly though in the last 9 years knows that this list is probably longer than the no fly list.
According to my wife I apparently have issues keeping my mouth shut in airports.
It usually deals with the incompetence of certain staff there, but I'm pretty sure I'm on that list. I have suspected there might be a list like this, but this is the first I have actually heard of it.
Has anyone else heard of this list?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Posted the same topic ealier here www.abovetopsecret.com...

I don't like this new invasion into people's privacy, and to put them on a list similar to terrorists.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
[edit on 25-5-2010 by Aggie Man]

[edit on 25-5-2010 by Aggie Man]

join