It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can a third party and a third party president save America?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Tired of the same boring Democrat vs. Republican garbage? Both parties present themselves as a party that can fix most, if not all of the country's problems. But we've been hearing the same speeches again and again. Nothing is getting fixed and the country is still facing the same problems. Which got me thinking of having a third party gaining popularity among both the left and right. Can you imagine a real grass political party gaining strength in America government. Do you think a third party can bring the government back up and working with the people?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Actually I would advocate a true two-fisted, all American, John Wayne type. Unfortunately even John Wayne was just an actor and was far more persona than person. Which incidentally was pretty much as Reagan portrayed himself in the early days.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Nope.

What do you think would happen, if, say, Ron Paul got elected?

I think he would very quickly become the next JFK. The complexes behind the throne have grown to a critical mass. You might say they have something analogous to a "self-preservation instinct". In short, they wouldn't let it fly.

I'm afraid we're stuck with the current system until the point of total breakdown.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by NewlyAwakened]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Well it certainly can't be anyone from the existing parties. We just can't elect any more Republicans or Democrats. Ne need really big change in this country and very quickly. We're in trouble. I simply don't think anyone in the DC establishment has the fortitude to deal with this. To be honest, I think way too much damage has been done. I'm not sure there's any party out there that can do what needs to be done. The right person might be able to start getting us looking in the right direction but we have alot of ground to cover. There are lot of people in DC that simply aren't going to let go.

new topics

top topics

join