It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

warning this can offend law abiding citizens - Which I'm not one of.

page: 50
<< 47  48  49   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
why come all the post have the same dates 11/26/07 ?

posted on Jun, 6 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by jerry3741
why come all the post have the same dates 11/26/07 ?

i would recommend putting up a thread in the Board Questions forum. Your join date was 11-25-07...seems to be connected. ask people who are smarter than me by referring to my first sentence above.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
looks like this thread was accidentally revived... I'm glad.... it's still not too late for prayer... and the way America is quickly withering away... national repentance and prayer may be in order

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
Ok, we will cover this one time. I do not have patience for someone who feigns stupidity as a debate tactic.

Like someone that pretends to not know what "love life" means? Yeah, I hate that too.

Isn't it funny how that works? The three loudest voices in this thread all act as if they have a clue as to what they're going on about, turns out they're doing exactly what they claim to not have the patience for.

Obviously you are confused but at least you seem to be concentrating on free speech. I am simply pointing out that free speech does not actually mean you have to right to say anything you want, anytime you want, anywhere you want.

What amazes me is that they do indeed get this concept. They just don't want the government as the employer to make any work policies that infringes on the principals free speech. I argue that we should equally allow the principal to not only blast his religious convictions over the PA, but also allow him to call every C average or lower child an idiotic retard over the PA too. Hey, free speech is free speech, right?

[edit on 7-6-2010 by sirnex]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Exactly! Why is it that the hypocrite level always skyrockets in these "Christian" threads. These people know damn well what they are reading but since most of what they have said makes no sense when you show them what they said and how it is wrong, they can only play dumb and eventually hit ignore. I am surprised you kept them going as long as you did. It seems to me that when people have to resort to lies and feigned confusion in order to stand up for Christianity, Christianity loses along with them.

Basically this whole thread has been those same 3 people contradicting themselves, going against the standards they so proudly proclaim to have, and well one of them even had to lie over and over again. Ahhh the great ATS Christians - turning people away from god one obnoxious lie filled, hateful rant at a time.

I do not understand why these people can not just pray on their own time or in their own minds. Why does it have to be a show where people gathering for any other reason have to hear them pray?

It reminds me of Michael Jackson kissing his "wife" Priscilla Presley and claiming "They said it wouldn't last"

Get it? "HEY LOOK I AM STRAIGHT, I MARRIED A GIRL, I NEED TO EXPRESS MY LOVE IN PUBLIC SO YOU CAN ALL SEE HOW STRAIGHT AND INTO ADULT WOMEN I AM. LOOK AT ME KISS THIS FEMALE ADULT!!!!!!!'

I see the same thing here. "HEY LOOK! I AM A CHRISTIAN. I LOVE JESUS AND THE BIBLE AND WORSHIP GOD. I REALLY DO, LOOK! I COULD HAVE PRAYED ALL DAY BEFORE THE GAME BUT I WAITED UNTIL I HAD A MICROPHONE AND A CAPTIVE AUDIENCE BECAUSE YOU ALL NEED TO SEE HOW CHRISTIAN I AM. NOT A SINNER. NOT A BAD PERSON. LOOK, I AM PRAYING WHERE YOU CAN ALL SEE ME DO IT!!!!!'

I guess that is why where I live, they built both public schools as well as private schools and even FREE CHURCHES. These people are allowed to go in churches and make a big show of their faith all they like. Maybe this town just needs a church or two so the poor Christians who need to make public shows have a place to go.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
This could have all been so easily fixed by Kanye Jesus showing up while the principal was making his speech. He could have walked up behind him, took the mic from his hand and said -"Yo yo, prince iPal! Ima let you finish but I just wanted to say that this high school football team is the best high school football team of all time. We are here to celebrate football. My dad is busy with little girls in the Congo being raped with machetes so if you break your collar bone playing football tonight - deal wit it!"

[edit on 7-6-2010 by K J Gunderson]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by C11H17N2NaO2S
Another freak on about the BS of religion.

Look of all the this you mentioned - birth control, sex abortion, condoms - these are REAL things.

religion is NOT. You can not prove to me one instance where a god exists. I can prove to you many times over the reality or abortion and condoms etc. In a court of law there should be NO religion for I can not use the excuse "god told me to" as a defense because I will be deemed "Crazy".

And rightly so.....people use religion to excuse their behavior and as an excuse for having a weak and simple mind.

For me it not about not believing its about not being controlled by some make believe entity.

So mass praying before a game is absolutely ridiculous. It nothing short mass mind control and getting everyone in the same of mind. Nothing different from people like David Koresh , charles manson, Ron Hubbard. They controlled their "people".

[B]"....those who believe in the manifestation of god should not be afforded the right of free will, for they have already given it up" - me[/B]

[edit on 25-5-2010 by C11H17N2NaO2S]

Wish I could give you 10 stars for this post!....
and 100 more for the quote at the end, (highlight,right click, save.. if you dont mind).
With all this acceptence praying goin on,.. find one person in the crowd prayin to satan (which is still his right, right?) he would not be accepted and would be frowned upon or maybe kicked out.
So Id say keep your special beliefs behind closed doors.
To me it IS a sort of forcing it on the others, I mean come on, they come door to door like desperate salesmen!

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

I am surprised you kept them going as long as you did.

Yup, I suppose persistence of insistence really does pay off, contrary to popular belief.

I almost gave up a few time's, but I decided I needed to hold my ground because I knew I was correct and they were wrong. In the end, it only took a few sourced links to the pertinent information to prove the stupidity of their claims and some well place common sense to back it all up in a nice little package for them.

Basically this whole thread has been those same 3 people contradicting themselves

I actually got a kick out of that and used it to my advantage with the whole financial excuse to not send their kids to private school or to home school. I mentioned that I don't send my children to private school due to financial reasons and JPZ made mention that you can be as rich as you want to be, basically saying that a financial excuse is not an excuse. Then one of the other two, I forget and am too lazy to look it up, made mention of financial reasons as an excuse and so I promptly quoted their buddy JPZ.

going against the standards they so proudly proclaim to have

That was possibly the biggest issue that pissed me off with all three of them. They sat there so vehemently proclaiming how oh so important education was for their children and yet also openly refused any and all options that would provide a better education by their standards. Honestly, all they wanted to do was use this thread so that they could bitch about their own lazy ineptitude and then blame the government for their own faults so they could feel better about themselves. It's quiet sad especially when they sat there trying to attack *me* about self-accountability and responsibility. Not even THEY can bother to attain that standard without quickly and loudly blaming others for failing their own children. At least I can be man enough to openly admit that I know damn well what I'm doing may not be the best, but at least I don't go around blaming others for it.

I do not understand why these people can not just pray on their own time or in their own minds. Why does it have to be a show where people gathering for any other reason have to hear them pray?

Why couldn't the principal have just said "Let's take a moment of silence", that is a very reasonable statement that can be accepted by peoples of all creeds, religious or not. Even I can accept the beauty in such a statement as an Atheist. Something like that I find no offense if, but asking me to participate is ritualistic prayer to someone's deity of choice/indoctrination in hopes that his deity would look favorably upon the game is just going to far. Would people be so happy if the principal was pagan and started casting spells over the PA system? No, they'd be in an uproar this very minute, all three of them. Free speech my ass.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by intrepid
What makes you think I'm not Christian? Plenty of Christianity out there that doesn't support the teachings of Jesus. Sounds more like intolerance to anything but Christianity.

I scrolled through 50 pages, and to my disbelief this was never explained.

Intrepid, please explain HOW a religion based around the teachings of Jesus Christ does NOT support the teachings of Jesus Christ? Now, to be fair these two replies below me did ask you the same question on the first few pages.

reply to post by I_am_Spartacus
reply to post by Trinity9603

You seriously have me confused on this one. Your statement makes absolutely no sense.

-Sliadon

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Sliadon

Thanks for the u2u. I forgot about this thread. The teachings of Jesus I believe were subverted by the RCC. It became dogma that he didn't teach.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by bagari

So your kids doing a Muslim prayer a few times a day and a Jewish prayer and a Buddhist meditation or a Hindi prayer at school would be okay by you? Say if it was alternated in rotation according to and in proportion to the populations of said at the school? And maybe a prayer-free day in the rotation for the atheists?

I guess I will never understand the compulsion to force the personal habits and choices of a few on the general population in a secular and diverse society.

[edit on 7/9/2010 by ~Lucidity]

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
reply to post by bagari

So your kids doing a Muslim prayer a few times a day and a Jewish prayer and a Buddhist meditation or a Hindi prayer at school would be okay by you? Say if it was alternated in rotation according to and in proportion to the populations of said at the school? And maybe a prayer-free day in the rotation for the atheists?

I guess I will never understand the compulsion to force the personal habits and choices of a few on the general population in a secular and diverse society.

[edit on 7/9/2010 by ~Lucidity]

It's rather easy to understand as the religion in question breeds intolerance and preaches conversion. A great many cultural and religious beliefs have been lost due to the Judaic-Christian mythology and it's belief that they are saving people's souls. I find it to be a complete outrage that in this day and age we still allow this barbaric practice of destroying tribal culture through allowing missionaries to convert the last few remaining cultures that went untouched. It's just disgusting and utterly arrogant that this lot thinks they are righteous and justified in such a hateful and intolerant practice.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

What it boils down to is putting aside your self-centered selfishness and thinking about how others feel. In other words, respect.

Being a small child in a public school that did pray the Christian prayer as I sat there feeling rather lost forever left an impact on me. And being an adult watching my son (though I had prepared him better than I was prepared) be treated as a pariah because he did not "go to church." left me cold.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

The one thing that has always left me dry in the mouth is how they preach that they are such a peaceful religion and point to all the good they have done and yet they hypocritically attack those who don't believe and have the audacity to bitch about how we slam they're archaic superstitious mythologies.

The only absolute in religion is not truth, but rather hypocritical intolerance. It's the only truth you can actually count on!

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
[edit on 9-7-2010 by sirnex]

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
Nice - Mr. Principal condemned a sizable percentage of American citizens as "Perverts" simply because they don't meet his litmus test.

I guess the only sex his bible says is ok is missionary position?

posted on Aug, 5 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
Why don't you people just stick to bothering God in private?

Its so annoying.

posted on Aug, 14 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   
Not sure I really want to jump into this conversation for my views on religion are somewhat narrowly focused. I don't have a problem with the Principal and I think we all can understand a bit of his frustration. Having said that a moment of silence would be more appropriate these days.

[edit on 14-8-2010 by DondeEsta?]

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
So, if a principal took the opportunity to tell you that there was no God but Allah, and Muhammad is his prophet, would you be applauding him?

If not, then perhaps you'll understand why a government employee has no business proselytizing while he's "on the clock," and on government property.

Of course, the second option would be for you to say that would be wrong, but the events in the OP are good and right. In that case, you are an unAmerican hypocrite. After you're done wiping yourself with the First Amendment, be sure to flush.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by seenitall
Why don't you people just stick to bothering God in private?

Its so annoying.

I know someone who agrees with you:

Matthew 6:5-7

And when you pray, do not be like the hypocrites, for they love to pray standing in the synagogues and on the street corners to be seen by men. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you pray, go into your room, close the door and pray to your Father, who is unseen. Then your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. And when you pray, do not keep on babbling like pagans, for they think they will be heard because of their many words.

new topics

top topics

<< 47  48  49   >>

join