It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

warning this can offend law abiding citizens - Which I'm not one of.

page: 47
<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
It's ridiculous and sad that you both want to bitch about a tyranny whilst imposing your own form of tyranny.

You both say you have no option because your both to lazy to use the available options.

You both whine and bitch about your children education and how it's oh so important, then MOVE closer to a school where your children can get the education you want instead of sitting here using a case of employee bitches about employer policy to air your grievances about how YOU are too lazy to home school or make sure your kids are in private schools.

If education was that important, YOU WOULD DO WHAT'S NECESSARY, not bitch on a web forum about your own ineptitude and laziness and unwillingness to use other available options.

All your showing is that you value sitting on your collective asses on a web forum bitching about the government much much much more than you actually value your children education.

Boo hoo, need to show your competent to teach your children. Get the damn certification and teach them. It's a viable option and there is no decent argument against it.

Boo hoo, private school is too far. Guess what, move closer to the private school or commute the hour and a half and work a different shift. Don't sit there on your lazy ass whining on a web forum about how lazy you actually are.

Your both hypocrites and bigots, bitching about tyranny whilst demanding the enforcement of your own tyranny.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by sirnex]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:27 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

So your saying that a basic education and a child's right to a basic education and law's to protect that education and right to education are all complete BS? Your telling me that not one single child in America deserves to have a very basic education in which to function in society? Why have children if you don't think they have basic human rights?

So, you're saying that parents aren't capable of giving their children a basic education, and instilling in them the knowledge that they have inalienable rights, and must at all times jealously guard these rights, and zealously protect them? You're saying a parents right to teach their children more than the failed public school systems would is all just BS? You're telling me that not one single child in America deserves to have more than just a basic education, and that the only way they can function in society is by attending a public school system where all too often they have to walk through metal detectors and allow minimum wage security guards to frisk them? Why have children if you think their rights are to be servants of the state?

What do you propose we do instead? Take away a child's right to education, allow unqualified parents teach whatever they want and pretend that isn't doing a disservice to your child?

What do you propose we do instead? Keep abrogating and derogating these child's rights to a proper education by denying parents their very basic right to raise their children how they see fit, and allow sub par teachers who use their position to threaten parents with social services, and demand the parents medicate their children with psychotropic drugs, so they can properly indoctrinate them into the New World Order of subservience to the state, where they grow up believing the only rights they have are those granted by government, and pretend that this isn't just a great disservice your doing to your children, but to many more children, and you expect me to believe this insidious tyranny isn't criminal?

Right, I'm making the right decision by placing my kids in a school system where it's a requirement that those teaching my children are actually qualified to do so. Your saying you want to take away that right because you think it's a form of tyranny to have that one option out of other options.

Right, you are making a decision you have every right to do, and if you want to treat your children like chattel and ensure they grow up with the same incapacity to think for themselves that you have, because you placed such great faith in a public school system that is now ranked 29th among nations across the world, this is your right to do so. However, your saying you want myself and others to fork out our hard earned money to pay for this atrocity, and you want to insist that beyond demanding we pay for your twisted vision of how children should be educated, that we should also pay to empower the state even further so they can be more tyrannical, and you think that this is some how for the greater good.

Somehow your stupidly equating a CHOICE with a TYRANNY.

Somehow you're stupidly equating the state dictating how parents teach their children with CHOICE, and are blind to its TYRANNY.

I think it's great that the state keeps people like you in check. Your telling me that the state is oh so bad and tyrannical for PROTECTING MY CHILD'S RIGHT TO EDUCATION, and YOU WANT TO TAKE THAT RIGHT AWAY.

I think its great that you keep posting in this thread so you can reveal just how much you abhor freedom and just how much you want to see people you don't like or understand suppressed by the state. You're telling me that you're really just a good guy who is really just looking out for my children, and even me, because you want to make sure that parents who home school their children get a license to do so, and you expect myself and others to buy that this you being noble and just, and you will pretend that it is you protecting rights, but what you mean is that we have the right to remain silent, that anything we say or do will be held against us, and if we're lucky, and we can't afford an attorney, you and your state will appoint one for us. I suppose we should all be really grateful to you for your benign tyranny.

Which is a tyranny? Protection is rights or infringement of rights? Ah right, I forgot, you don't think children have rights.

Oh that's right, you think rights are something you and the state grant and then protect, and any infringement of inalienable rights is just really you and the state protecting us from ourselves...Oh, I almost forgot, you think because I don't want you and the state indoctrinating my children with your insipid insanity, that this is not a right I have, and that the only rights my children have are the rights you say they have.

Assumption is not knowledge, nor does a sarcastic rhetoric denote knowledge. Now I'm assuming you don't allow your kids any education because you think it's a tyranny to do so.

Yet once again you assume, and what you assume is that my admonishment of your arrogance was sarcasm, too ignorant to realize there wasn't a hint of sarcasm in it, and you keep assuming as if your assumptions some how are better than knowledge, and you honestly believe that you would make a darn fine tyrant if you were only given some respect. Good luck with that.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

So, you're saying that parents aren't capable of giving their children a basic education, and instilling in them the knowledge that they have inalienable rights, and must at all times jealously guard these rights, and zealously protect them? You're saying a parents right to teach their children more than the failed public school systems would is all just BS? You're telling me that not one single child in America deserves to have more than just a basic education, and that the only way they can function in society is by attending a public school system where all too often they have to walk through metal detectors and allow minimum wage security guards to frisk them? Why have children if you think their rights are to be servants of the state?

You have options available to you. Public schools are there to give a basic education, not to teach everything under the sun. Not every parent is capable of teaching everything under the sun either, I am admittedly one of those parents. Nor do I have the financial means to send my kids to a private school, so personally I value the public education system as MY ALTERNATIVE to your tyranny of ripping my kids right to at least a basic education.

If you value your rights to alternatives, then use the damn alternatives that exist rather than bitching about my rights to use my available alternatives. Hypocrite.

What do you propose we do instead? Keep abrogating and derogating these child's rights to a proper education by denying parents their very basic right to raise their children how they see fit, and allow sub par teachers who use their position to threaten parents with social services, and demand the parents medicate their children with psychotropic drugs, so they can properly indoctrinate them into the New World Order of subservience to the state, where they grow up believing the only rights they have are those granted by government, and pretend that this isn't just a great disservice your doing to your children, but to many more children, and you expect me to believe this insidious tyranny isn't criminal?

You have options available to you. Public schools are there to give a basic education, not to teach everything under the sun. Not every parent is capable of teaching everything under the sun either, I am admittedly one of those parents. Nor do I have the financial means to send my kids to a private school, so personally I value the public education system as MY ALTERNATIVE to your tyranny of ripping my kids right to at least a basic education.

If you value your rights to alternatives, then use the damn alternatives that exist rather than bitching about my rights to use my available alternatives. Hypocrite.

Right, you are making a decision you have every right to do, and if you want to treat your children like chattel and ensure they grow up with the same incapacity to think for themselves that you have, because you placed such great faith in a public school system that is now ranked 29th among nations across the world, this is your right to do so. However, your saying you want myself and others to fork out our hard earned money to pay for this atrocity, and you want to insist that beyond demanding we pay for your twisted vision of how children should be educated, that we should also pay to empower the state even further so they can be more tyrannical, and you think that this is some how for the greater good.

Granting children a right to education is not a tyranny. Sorry you don't value children that much. It's sad that your a hypocritical bigot bitching about tyranny whilst demanding we accept your own tyranny. I'm sorry, but your "solution" of infringing upon my kids right to a basic education is a form of tyranny. If you wish to be a hypocritical bigot in this regard, that's your choice, but your still a hypocritical bigot at the end of the day. If you don't want to pay property taxes, then don't own a home. How the government uses those property taxes towards services it provides to the American citizens is fine by me, so long as those services are useful. Public schools are useful in my situation. Not every American is a rich upper class citizen capable of affording private school, nor is every American citizen capable of teaching every subject under the sun. I admit to my faults and I strongly value that a system of checks and balances is in place to ensure people like me do not attempt to teach my children poorly. I value that system as it guarantees that they are learning from the best possible teachers I can give them.

Using frivolous arguments of 29th in rank is pointless and moot. Welcome to America, we're not France, we're not Germany we're not Japan. They all use public schools as well, so it's not applicable to your idiotic argument of enforcing your form of hypocritical tyranny.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
While we're discussing your hypocritical bigotry, how about I take the time to educate you regardless of my qualifications on what tyranny is.

# S: (adj) oppressive, tyrannical, tyrannous (marked by unjust severity or arbitrary behavior) "the oppressive government"; "oppressive laws"; "a tyrannical parent"; "tyrannous disregard of human rights"
link

A tyrannical government is an oppressive government. The government is not oppressive, you have options available to you, you would rather bitch and whine about your own ineptitude and laziness to utilize those alternatives. Bitching and moaning on a web forum about your own faults does not make a government tyrannical nor oppressive by any means.

Plato and Aristotle define a tyrant as, "one who rules without law, looks to his own advantage rather than that of his subjects, and uses extreme and cruel tactics -- against his own people as well as others".
link

What your proposing would make you a tyrant. You want to take away rule of law that grants protection of a child's inalienable right to an education because you don't want to pay the taxes that give those children in situations where alternatives are not viable. Basically your calling for, let the rich get rich and the poor get poor out of your own hypocritical bigoted selfish cruelty. Yes, it's cruel to rip away a child's right to education because you simply don't want to pay taxes that make that right to education available to ALL children.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Everybody has options available to them; everybody. Public schools should be giving a basic education and if they did I would have far less problems with that system, but they are not only ranked 29th of nations across the world, this public school system has created a dangerous environment for my children, and the state is so intent on mandating attendance of every child, that my children, if attending public schools, have to do so with thugs, gang banger's and drug addicts.

I think more than a few people are aware that you are probably not the best equipped to teach your children, with or without you admitting that. Of course, if the teachers unions and corrupt politicians weren't so vehemently against school vouchers and other options, you would be able to make the choice of sending your children to private schools, even on what you are earning now, but let's be honest, you don't really want that option for your children, or mine, do you? What you would rather do is just keep the failed public school system just as it is, and anyone who even attempts to offer an answer to the problem, or even just a solution, you will label a tyrant.

If you value existing alternatives so much, then why are you working so hard at suppressing these alternatives, all the while bitching about all that you don't like? Hypocrite.

Granting children a right to education is not a tyranny.

Granting children, or anyone else for that matter, rights, is tyranny. Either people acknowledge that all people are born with inalienable rights, or they advocate tyranny.

Sorry you don't value children that much.

While I am sorry that you place so little value on your own children, I am outraged that you think you have the right to ascribe such value on my children. Keep your tyrannical hands off of my children! Keep your fascist ideologies away from my children! I value my children too much to allow you to even come close to my children, and you can bet your sweet patootie that I will never let my children anywhere near yours, given the values you have.

It's sad that your a hypocritical bigot bitching about tyranny whilst demanding we accept your own tyranny.

Yep. And thieves always lock their doors.

I'm sorry, but your "solution" of infringing upon my kids right to a basic education is a form of tyranny.

You're not sorry at all, and the obvious glee you take in wanting to impose your own form of tyranny is jaw droppingly outrageous.

If you wish to be a hypocritical bigot in this regard, that's your choice, but your still a hypocritical bigot at the end of the day.

Yep. And thieves always lock their doors.

If you don't want to pay property taxes, then don't own a home.

Only a fool would think that the rent they pay isn't covering a property owners taxes.

How the government uses those property taxes towards services it provides to the American citizens is fine by me, so long as those services are useful.

Yep. And in your world, a public school system ranked 29th of nations across the world is useful.

Public schools are useful in my situation.

Sure they are, not because they will educate your children, you've made clear that this isn't a priority with you, they're useful because they babysit your children at other peoples expense while you're off God knows where, probably baiting Christians.

Not every American is a rich upper class citizen capable of affording private school, nor is every American citizen capable of teaching every subject under the sun.

Every American has the choice and opportunity to be as rich as they choose to be, and even if they're not rich, if they're diligent about teaching their children well, and active in their community, there is always someone who will want to help those children get the best education possible. There are individuals, and companies, and foundations that are all more than willing to make grants and scholarships to help out those children, and parents who truly care about their children all ready know this.

I admit to my faults and I strongly value that a system of checks and balances is in place to ensure people like me do not attempt to teach my children poorly. I value that system as it guarantees that they are learning from the best possible teachers I can give them.

Perhaps if you didn't stop just short of admitting your faults, and went the extra mile to overcoming them you would be able to give your children more, but that is unlikely as long as you keep placing value on mediocrity while attacking those who would work towards excellence.

Using frivolous arguments of 29th in rank is pointless and moot. Welcome to America, we're not France, we're not Germany we're not Japan. They all use public schools as well, so it's not applicable to your idiotic argument of enforcing your form of hypocritical tyranny.

Oh yeah, there's a real sound argument. It doesn't matter how bad our public school system is, it is American! Who cares if it doesn't measure up to the rest of the world in an increasingly growing global marketplace? It is American, and however bad it might be, it is the only public school system we got, so that makes it the best public school system we got! Wow.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

A child's inalienable right to an education doesn't mean the state has a right to dictate the curriculum of that education. Based on your logic the inalienable right to speech means the state gets to tell us what we can and can't say. Based on your logic the inalienable right life means we get to live the lives that the state says we can. I would suggest you read carefully the definition of tyranny you posted and take a moment to consider what you are reading. When people have rights, this means that they are their rights, not the states rights to determine how they are exercised, it is the right of each individual to determine how they exercise that right. You don't want that, what you want is the privilege of a state sponsored day care center for your kids while you spend your life bragging about your own mediocrity.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

The most asinine thing i have ever heard is being told that i should move to another town, or drive an hour to take my kids to school, then an hour back to work, an hour back to school to get them, then an hour back to work, then home.

Sirnex, you have over reached and stretched all sorts of contortions into the stupidest argument I have witnessed outside my time working in a mental hospital.

I can't change shifts. I run a business. I shouldn't have to move, i live in America. I shouldn't have to travel, as i live in West Texas, where towns are very, very spread out and population is sparse. Should we tell everyone in the area to move? What about farmers? Should they be forced to accept only a state run education?

You ignore that your options are ridiculous. Conveniently.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

So what... You want everything handed to you? You don't want to move because... what? What reason should you not have to move or commute? If you want to send your children to a private school then you should have planned ahead, not decide to wait it out and see if one opens closer by the time they're of school age.

Basically, you want a private school to just magically open up near you because you couldn't be bothered to plan ahead something as important as your children education, then years later you decided to hop on a web forum to bitch about how your own ineptitude to plan and your own laziness to make those options available to your children whilst hypocritically bitch about your bigoted opinions of it all.

Get a life.

If you are really THAT adamant about your childrens education, then you wouldn't be bitching about how you would rather be lazy about it and instead you would be doing what is necessary to make sure your children get the education you want them to have.

There is no such thing as 'I can't' when options are there for you. Hypocritical bigot.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

I forgot to add this...

So your proposing we dismantle public education because you feel it's a tyranny. You then admit to your own laziness of not wanting to drive or having the time to educate your children through other means.

Guess what hypocrite, be thankful there is a school close to you that can provide an education that you admit to not wanting to provide through alternative means because... LMFAO your American

Great idea, take away that public school, don't drive your kids or move near a private school or don't bother homeschooling. Really well thought out plan numb nut. You think dismantling public schools is really going to magically make a private school pop up next to your house? Don't be a complete moron, please?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Your a complete hypocritical bigot.

A child's inalienable right to an education doesn't mean the state has a right to dictate the curriculum of that education.

So your saying you want to reserve the right to not teach your children basic math or reading required to properly function in society?

Based on your logic the inalienable right to speech means the state gets to tell us what we can and can't say.

Going with the OP post, his right to free speech was not infringed upon.

Based on your logic the inalienable right life means we get to live the lives that the state says we can.

Not sure what your bitching about there. The state is not being oppressive or tyrannical when options are available.

I would suggest you read carefully the definition of tyranny you posted and take a moment to consider what you are reading. When people have rights, this means that they are their rights, not the states rights to determine how they are exercised, it is the right of each individual to determine how they exercise that right.

A child's right to education supersedes your right to not want to give them one.

You don't want that, what you want is the privilege of a state sponsored day care center for your kids while you spend your life bragging about your own mediocrity.

Your an idiot. No, I'm not looking for a day care. I don't have the financial means to pay for private school nor am I able to teach, let alone even know how to teach every subject under the sun in which to provide more education than the basic one the public school systems provides.

You attempt to make it seem derogatory that I put my children in public school doesn't bother me in the slightest. It show's that your nothing more than a hypocritical bigoted moron that needs to attack my childrens education. That's sad.

Public schools should be giving a basic education and if they did I would have far less problems with that system, but they are not only ranked 29th of nations across the world, this public school system has created a dangerous environment for my children, and the state is so intent on mandating attendance of every child, that my children, if attending public schools, have to do so with thugs, gang banger's and drug addicts.

Then home school or send them to private school.

If you value existing alternatives so much, then why are you working so hard at suppressing these alternatives, all the while bitching about all that you don't like? Hypocrite.

I'm not suppressing them at all, I'm telling you to quit bitching when these alternatives exist whilst you stupidly try to state the government has a monopoly on education. Partly correct, mostly wrong. It ensures your children are getting a basic education, reading math etc. It's not there to teach everything under the sun. You want that, pay for that.

Granting children, or anyone else for that matter, rights, is tyranny. Either people acknowledge that all people are born with inalienable rights, or they advocate tyranny.

Sorry, bad choice of words. Ensuring rights are protected so people like you don't infringe upon those rights.

Keep your tyrannical hands off of my children! Keep your fascist ideologies away from my children!

Hypocritical bigot.

your own form of tyranny

The protection of rights by making law that stems attempts to infringe upon those right's does not make a tyranny.

Only a fool would think that the rent they pay isn't covering a property owners taxes.

I'll give you that one, my bad.

Yep. And in your world, a public school system ranked 29th of nations across the world is useful.

Less bitching on a web forum and more voting to change policy, bigot.

Sure they are, not because they will educate your children, you've made clear that this isn't a priority with you, they're useful because they babysit your children at other peoples expense while you're off God knows where, probably baiting Christians.

Your an idiot. Please don't attack my childrens right to education.

Every American has the choice and opportunity to be as rich as they choose to be

As well as every American has the choice to live as simply as they want. My wife and I do not want to be rich. Yet without the insane amount of money private schooling charges, your saying my children have no right's to education. Because of what? Because I choose to live simpler and with less? Your a hypocritical bigoted tyrant.

Perhaps if you didn't stop just short of admitting your faults, and went the extra mile to overcoming them you would be able to give your children more, but that is unlikely as long as you keep placing value on mediocrity while attacking those who would work towards excellence.

I live my life by my own choosing, while I still want to give my children at least a basic education. I am thankful that the government ensures the protection of my childrens right to that basic education.

Oh yeah, there's a real sound argument. It doesn't matter how bad our public school system is, it is American! Who cares if it doesn't measure up to the rest of the world in an increasingly growing global marketplace? It is American, and however bad it might be, it is the only public school system we got, so that makes it the best public school system we got! Wow.

Don't be a moron. Vote for change in policy rather than sitting on your lazy ass bitching in a web forum about it's ranking compared to other nations that run their school system differently.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
If someone doesn't live close enough to a the private school that you want your children to attend, then move closer to that school or home school your child. You have every right to do that. Just like if there was a particular job I wanted, I would have to move where the job is.

I'm not going to defend the public school system as being competent. In its current state, it is not good at all. However, that has nothing to do with them not being able to practice or indoctrinate religion. It is because it needs reform. They completely ignore the right side of the brain all while overworking the left side. It's like having a computer with tons of memory, but no programs to use the memory. Kids don't relate to the material and are not given a foundation of why it is important TO learn. Learning should be something we crave, not burdened by.

I think the main problem is that teachers are not trained properly and the quality teachers are not paid enough. We could start a whole new thread on this subject alone.

The public school system absolutely needs reform, but it is important that kids have the option to not only get a free high school education, but a secular one as well.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reflection
If someone doesn't live close enough to a the private school that you want your children to attend, then move closer to that school or home school your child. You have every right to do that. Just like if there was a particular job I wanted, I would have to move where the job is.

I'm not going to defend the public school system as being competent. In its current state, it is not good at all. However, that has nothing to do with them not being able to practice or indoctrinate religion. It is because it needs reform. They completely ignore the right side of the brain all while overworking the left side. It's like having a computer with tons of memory, but no programs to use the memory. Kids don't relate to the material and are not given a foundation of why it is important TO learn. Learning should be something we crave, not burdened by.

I think the main problem is that teachers are not trained properly and the quality teachers are not paid enough. We could start a whole new thread on this subject alone.

The public school system absolutely needs reform, but it is important that kids have the option to not only get a free high school education, but a secular one as well.

The only problem with that is, once i put my child in private school, i still carry the tax burden of public school. Care to guess what that tax burden is? Lets just say that it puts homeschooling as an option that is out of reach. I have been an educator in previous employment, and feel fully qualified to do so again. But who pays the bills? Who feed the kids?

No problem with them getting a secular education. But that has nothing to do with football.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

The only problem with that is, once i put my child in private school, i still carry the tax burden of public school.

You also carry the tax burden for a lot of other services provided by the government. Shall we go down the list of services you don't want to pay for but still want to receive?

Care to guess what that tax burden is? Lets just say that it puts homeschooling as an option that is out of reach.

Oh gee... JPZ says you can get a better paying job instead.

Every American has the choice and opportunity to be as rich as they choose to be

If you really wanted to do these thing's your bitching and moaning about, then do it instead of bitching and moaning about it. This is not the 1930's where everything cost's a nickel.

I have been an educator in previous employment, and feel fully qualified to do so again. But who pays the bills? Who feed the kids?

Are you single?

No problem with them getting a secular education. But that has nothing to do with football.

Absolutely nothing which is why I've mentioned numerous times that the both of you have used this simple case of employee bitching about work policy as your personal soap box to bitch about government. Not even a well thought out argument either, just general "Oh I hate government, they're tyrannical".

You have options available, but YOU are the oppressor to those options as YOU won't do anything YOURSELF to use those options. Then you stupidly blame the government for YOUR own faults. The government is not stopping you here, YOU ARE.

Now less lazy bitching on a web forum and more ACTUALLY DOING WHAT YOU PREACH.

[edit on 1-6-2010 by sirnex]

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Reflection

He shouldn't have to, he's American! Instead he wants other people to move they're private school's closer to him and work around his life instead. Possible mild case of narcissism?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Lets just say that it puts homeschooling as an option that is out of reach.

Complete BS quackery.

Cost's for homeschooling can range anywhere from nothing, to $3,000 a year.

The homeschooling required curriculum in Texas is actually less than my state requires. Texas law allows it's home schooled children to be less educated than Massachusetts children.

Required Subjects: Good citizenship, math, reading, spelling and grammar.
Texas

Basically, it would cost you less than it would cost me to provide the basic requirements to meet state law as I'm required to teach (if I took that route) much more than you are (if you took that route).

Here's my state's requirements:

Required Subjects: Reading, writing, English language and grammar, geography, arithmetic, drawing, music, history and constitution of United States, duties of citizenship, health (including CPR), physical education, and good behavior. Mass. Gen. Laws Ch. 71, § 1.

I was also thinking about the problem with public schools and I agree that not every school is equal or great. I moved from one town where the school system just completely sucked to a different town, three towns away where the schools are much better. So you see, moving IS an option after all.

I'm actually considering possibly trying out homeschooling now, I didn't realize the actual costs or how many free resources there were available. So long as I can prove they are learning the required material, I can use the online resources to teach what I may not know enough to teach on my own.

Plus, if your still concerned with requirements and what not, then move to Mississippi where you can control the curriculum yourself and are only required to give a certificate of enrollment to the school board. See, options are great!

The parent, guardian, or custodian of the children must file a “certificate of enrollment” including names, address, and telephone number of parents and children, dates of birth of children, and a “simple description of the type of education the children are receiving.” The certificate must be submitted by September 15 of each school year to the school attendance officer where the child resides.

“It is not the intention of this section to impair the primary right and the obligation of the parent ... to choose the proper education and training” for their children, and nothing in this section shall be construed to grant the State of Mississippi “authority to control, manage or supervise” the private education of children. “And this section shall never be construed so as to grant, by implication or otherwise, any right or authority to any state agency or other entity to control, manage, supervise, provide for or affect the operation, management, program, curriculum, admissions policy or discipline of any such school or home instruction program.” Miss. Code Ann. § 37-13-91(9).

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex

Based on your logic the inalienable right life means we get to live the lives that the state says we can.

Not sure what your bitching about there. The state is not being oppressive or tyrannical when options are available.

That is incorrect. 'Tyranny' involves the state mandated limitation of options. All that is required is that available options are limited to those that are state-approved. It matters not if that's limited to one option (as in your ridiculous example) or 5. State mandated limitations are state-mandated limitations.

Hypocritical bigot.

Name-calling using inapplicable names every other breath is not helping your argument. It's the mark of a weak argument, as a matter of fact. It shows excessive histrionics in place of logical reasoning.

Nice. Please continue.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

That is incorrect. 'Tyranny' involves the state mandated limitation of options. All that is required is that available options are limited to those that are state-approved. It matters not if that's limited to one option (as in your ridiculous example) or 5. State mandated limitations are state-mandated limitations.

Gee, you mean limitations like having a certain required minimum curriculum that a child has a right to learn in which to function properly in American society? Yes, I get it... You think it's tyrannical of the government to protect the right's of children.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
reply to post by sirnex

Your a complete hypocritical bigot.

Yep, keep saying this pal, and maybe no one will realize you looking in a mirror.

So your saying you want to reserve the right to not teach your children basic math or reading required to properly function in society?

So you're saying the basic algebra, geometry, and trigonometric mathematics I teach my kids is just too much? You're saying that physics would be too much to teach my own children, and better they get sent to a crap public school where not only my kids flounder but everyone else kids too? While we're at it, you're saying that the public schools that clearly failed to teach you the difference between your and you're is where my school belongs?

Going with the OP post, his right to free speech was not infringed upon.

I have not read one post in this thread who has said his right was infringed. I have read plenty of posts calling him a moron and a tool, most of those posts coming from you, and I have seen other posts demanding this guy be fired for simply speaking his mind. I have seen others beside myself defend this man for speaking his mind, and I have seen you attack those who defend them, and accuse these members of your own indecencies.

Of course you're not sure. You're a sycophant of the state, and a proud ignoramus who has no intentions of being anything better than mediocre and petty. You're highest ambition is to be a tyrant to more than just you're immediate family.

A child's right to education supersedes your right to not want to give them one.

My child knows the difference between the possessive pronoun and the contraction, and knows this because I took the careful time to ensure his right to an education was fulfilled. Too bad your parents didn't care as much about you.

Your an idiot.

Huh-huh. The proper grammar would be You are an idiot, or you're an idiot, but don't take my word for it, trust the public education you got. Look, I am not even going to bother to respond to the rest of your nonsense, since you can't even take the time to call someone an idiot in the correct grammatical usage. You're a real piece of work.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirnex
reply to post by nenothtu

Gee, you mean limitations like having a certain required minimum curriculum that a child has a right to learn in which to function properly in American society? Yes, I get it... You think it's tyrannical of the government to protect the right's of children.

Who are you to determine what my child's rights are?

My children were born with their rights, not issued them by the big bad gummint. The gummint only gets to regulate what it issues. To regulate and restrict what it has NOT issued is tyranny.

Government CAN NOT issue rights, as you suggest. It can only issue 'privileges', which can be regulated and taken away at will, since they come from the state. Rights are not subject to state regulation. That's sort of the point of the Constitution.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Yep, keep saying this pal, and maybe no one will realize you looking in a mirror.

Protecting rights is not a tyranny. You demanding that the protection of rights is a tyranny whilst trying to impose your infringement upon those rights is what is making you a hypocritical bigot. I'm not trying to infringe on your rights as you still have the right to home school or to private school and I'm still reserving my right to public school.

So you're saying the basic algebra, geometry, and trigonometric mathematics I teach my kids is just too much? You're saying that physics would be too much to teach my own children, and better they get sent to a crap public school where not only my kids flounder but everyone else kids too? While we're at it, you're saying that the public schools that clearly failed to teach you the difference between your and you're is where my school belongs?

If your going above and beyond and taking that extra step to teach more than the basic required curriculum, then good for you. Not every parent, admittedly myself are capable of teaching even the basics. Even though I learned my fractions and decimals, I've forgotten those math facts.

I still reserve my right and my childrens rights to an education. If you wish to infringe upon that right then you are a hypocritical bigot.

I have not read one post in this thread who has said his right was infringed. I have read plenty of posts calling him a moron and a tool, most of those posts coming from you, and I have seen other posts demanding this guy be fired for simply speaking his mind. I have seen others beside myself defend this man for speaking his mind, and I have seen you attack those who defend them, and accuse these members of your own indecencies.

And now your a god damned liar.

Of course you're not sure. You're a sycophant of the state, and a proud ignoramus who has no intentions of being anything better than mediocre and petty. You're highest ambition is to be a tyrant to more than just you're immediate family.

Your a moron if you think protection of rights is a tyranny.

And sorry if I chose to live a simpler life. Welcome to America, land of the free. No, I don't have to aspire to be a rich materialistic whiny bitch. But you are.

My child knows the difference between the possessive pronoun and the contraction, and knows this because I took the careful time to ensure his right to an education was fulfilled. Too bad your parents didn't care as much about you.

Your attempt to bait is duly noted.

Huh-huh. The proper grammar would be You are an idiot, or you're an idiot, but don't take my word for it, trust the public education you got. Look, I am not even going to bother to respond to the rest of your nonsense, since you can't even take the time to call someone an idiot in the correct grammatical usage. You're a real piece of work.

Your attempt to bait is duly noted.

new topics

top topics

<< 44  45  46    48  49  50 >>

join