It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you have what it takes to become a US citizen?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
www.msnbc.msn.com...

All of the questions are in the link. Just enter the link, answer the questions then submit and get your results.

My results:

You answered 80% of questions correctly. Here's your rating:

0-20%: Maybe you're still thinking too much about the Old Country.

25-40%: Mmmm. Do you really want to be a citizen? This kind of performance isn't going to impress those nice immigration folks.

45-60%: Not too bad, but you really need to break out the civics books again -- word is, the INS is looking for an 80 percent score.

65-80%: Hey, you may make a good citizen yet! Look at your wrong answers and a little revision should do the trick.

85-100%: Welcome to the United States! (And, truth be told, you know more about this great land than most Americans.)

Whatever...

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
I remember a while back I took the citizens test on the website, got 100%.

Although to be truthfull, I don't know who would WANT to move the US in this day in age, if they had options to go somewhere else.

I mean honestly?

Not that the US is bad country to live in, if your already there, but to actually to through the trouble of immigrating and then dealing with the current political/economical landscape.

Seems like a lot of trouble to me.

~Keeper

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
90%, I got 3 & 8 wrong. Not bad for a Canuck.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
I got 55%

but I guess its not bad for someone who's only technically American and never lived there

Reminds me of the tests for potential British citizens, I didn't know the answers for half the questions and the other half I disagreed with.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I will be taking this test later this year.

I know I will pass it 95% or better.

I also know that only 25% of kids highschool age will have the same results...I think this thread is more about education than immigration and what it really takes to be a citizen.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by projectvxn]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

You answered 95% of questions correctly.

I guess I'm a citizen if the US...

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir

Same here monkifmimir. Looks like I need to bring out my American history book of my shelf.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
13. Which of the following is NOT one of the constitutional requirements to be eligible to become president?
Must be a natural-born citizen of the United States is not correct.
Must have served as a governor

I hope you won't judge me on this....

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I got 80% ,which i think is quite good considering that im an Irish gal

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
I also know that only 25% of kids highschool age will have the same results...I think this thread is more about education than immigration and what it really takes to be a citizen.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by projectvxn]

IDK man. I have NO interest to move to the States but the politics and society are fascinating. Education is what you put into it. If high school students only get 25%, isn't that their fault for not pursuing their history better? Not being American didn't stop me.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
The only one I got wrong was the INS form. Had to guess.

I like how there wasnt a question about the 2nd Amendment and the stripes question came back so if were paying attention you couldnt get it wrong and how New Zealand was a potential "original state."

Stupid test.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   
95%. I missed question 19 about the form used to become a naturalized citizen.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I like how there wasnt a question about the 2nd Amendment and the stripes question came back so if were paying attention you couldnt get it wrong and how New Zealand was a potential "original state."

Stupid test.

2nd Amendment, would have aced that too.

As for NZ, there were 3 other options there. Remember this isn't for citizens. Still could have easily gotten that wrong. Didn't.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
The INS form question is going to be missed by most Americans as its something not taught in school nor thought about by those already citizens.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Well that was sort of my point. And it isn't just highschool students. Most of the time the only history that many of my peers are privy to is my discussion of it in coffeeshops with people 2-3 times my age.

It is a matter of personal responsibility. But at the same time history is distorted or certain parts entirely omitted from the course. It is almost not worth it to try to pass the class knowing this BS wouldn't even get you through the first year at a community college in Reno, NV(I love this place, but it's true). And even then you have to deal with little things like textbooks that tell you Mecca is in the UAE(yep I saw this first hand).

The point is. It is not fair, in my opinion, to hold only the students to account for this crap. Our "educators" are profoundly responsible. They have damaged youth in this country in ways we cannot even imagine.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:58 PM
link   
lol, 90% but i dont want to be an US citizen

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

My apologies, I had NO idea it was that bad. Yes, if that's the case then the education system is also partly to blame.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
65%. but I'm german. and the question is : do I wanna be a US citizen
?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
I got 100% but only because I got lucky with that naturalization application form question. The "who selects Supreme Court justices" question is also tricky, since you could argue that the Senate does.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Oooh, I only got 55%. Guess they'll be coming to deport me. Oh, wait, I was born here, so were my parents and my grandparents. **Thank Goodness**!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join