It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With Oil prices going up, why not run your car on WATER!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Searched ATS and didnt find anything as exact as this, if there was then sorry, but anyway, to the main event.....

Forget all about the rising prices of oil and petrol, lets just all convert our cars to run on water.

Have been doing some research on it and it has said to be a sound method of so called 'free energy' welll it's not really free but how much is a gallon of water compared to a gallon of pertrol now???

Anyway would like to hear wht other people think about it, and if they would be willing to change.

Just to get you a little bit more interested, here's a few articles on the subject...

Gasoline versus Water

There is a lot of thermochemical energy in gasoline, but there is even more energy in water. The DOE (Department of Energy) has quoted about 40%, so it is probably much more than that.

Most people are unaware that "internal combustion" is defined as "a thermo-vapor process" � as in "no liquid in the reaction." Most of the gasoline in a standard internal combustion engine is actually consumed, (cooked, and finally, broken down) in the catalytic converter after the fuel has been not-so-burnt in the engine. Sadly, this means that most of the fuel we use in this way is used only to cool down the combustion process, a pollution-ridden and inefficient means of doing that.

And more importantly

How It Works

Exceedingly simple. Water is pumped as needed to replenish and maintain the liquid level in the chamber. The electrodes are vibrated with a 0.5-5A electrical pulse which breaks 2(H2O) => 2H2 + O2. When the pressure reaches say 30-60 psi, you turn the key and go. You step on the pedal, you send more energy to the electrodes, and thus more vapor to the cylinders; i.e. fuel vapor on demand.

You set the idle max-flow rate to get the most efficient use of power, and you're off to the races.

In the big picture, your free energy is coming from the tap water in an open system, as the latent energy in the water is enough to power the engine and hence drive the alternator and whatever belt-driven accessories. And the alternator is efficient enough to run the various electrical loads (10 - 20 amps), including the additional low current to run this vapor reaction. No extra batteries are required.

Here is a really good website on the subject
Water Run Cars

[edit on 8-6-2004 by darkAngel]

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
Seems pretty basic eh. lol

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Carl Cella

this man was successful in building a complete system and the rest I'm sure everyone will find interesting but not surprising.....

As stated from the site....

As for building this device to sell as a completed system, that's a dead issue. In 1983, I contacted the Department of Energy to show them that my car actually worked. I was confronted by two very belligerent 'agents of tyrannical oppression' who told me that if I tried to sell pre-built units, I'd have a lot of "problems". I asked zhy, demanding an explanation, asd was told very bluntly, and not in a very nice tone: "Do you have any idea what a device like this, available to the public, would do to the economy?"

[edit on 8-6-2004 by darkAngel]

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Not surprising they would say something like that...Has anyone thought about building a water-powered lighter. Think about, you beget fire from water. This would be a huge camping accessory. It would be a little step to take, so it probably wouldn't piss off too many government officials. But people would get the idea in their head about water as a fuel source. I've seen other commercial products using water as fuel...

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
darkAngel, I posted that exact same method about a week or so ago. It does seem very reliable and the site will tell you all about it for those who want to read up on it. They are even going to have a video of the conversion being done and everything very soon as a way of providing even more proof that it really does work. There are a couple of things that should be mentioned however.

The plans that are shown here by darkAngel and provided free for download from the website are only the standard or basic way of doing it I believe. While it is supposed to work, it will also quickly start eating away at your engine unless, as they also mention, you take steps such as ceramic coating on your engine first. That or it might be ok as long as you used pure H2O Distilled or something.

Other than taking some extra added steps though to protect your block against rust from the water and so forth, I think it's a damn good idea and is presented very honestly. For anyone interested in trying such a thing, this is probably one of the best and most credible one's I've come across. I'd recommend trying it out on something besides 'The Family Car' first however so you can work through any snags or whatever on something a little more expendable.

XL5

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 09:59 PM
link   
The engine doesn't run on water, it would run on the hydrogen and oxygen thats made in the pulser tank. I don't think hydrogen and oxygen rust the engine as bad as just water, the block its self can't rust (aluminium).

However if you want to know if it really works, find the answers to these: How much hydrogen/oxygen does the pulser tank make for 50W in 100 seconds, how much hydrogen/oxygen does the engine need to produce 50W and up for 100 seconds. Ask 2 physics experts only one question from the 2 so they don't laugh at you.

It could work, pulsed power does act nonlinear in certain things.

ME

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:09 PM
link   
Awsome, but the gov will prolly make it illegal.

We have a man that comes to the restaraunt to pick up th old fry oil, and then for about 60 cents a gallon he makes fuel to run all his desiel truck. He told me it was outlawed in the UK . . . Go figure.

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by ME
He told me it was outlawed in the UK . . . Go figure.

Yes - it is considerd a 'tax fraud' ... ludicrous, but thats what you expect from Blair's Government after all.

When, in September, just up the coast from Swansea, in Burry Port, near Llanelli, six more drivers were discovered apparently running their cars on cooking oil, the news quickly spread. "It was a media feeding frenzy," says Dai Davies of Dyfed and Powys police, whose officers were involved in the spot checks. "Everyone came down here, from the local BBC news to the New York Times." Within a couple of days, the story was in circulation of a crack team of law-enforcement officers swooping on south Wales motorists, of widespread tax fraud, of a hunt for the Mr Big of the cooking-oil scam. One report in a Canadian paper talked of round-the-clock stakeouts in the aisles of Asda that netted a couple buying 100 litres of oil at a time. A witty subeditor coined a nickname for the operation that immediately stuck: the Frying Squad.
Link

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by XL5
The engine doesn't run on water, it would run on the hydrogen and oxygen thats made in the pulser tank. I don't think hydrogen and oxygen rust the engine as bad as just water, the block its self can't rust (aluminum).

However if you want to know if it really works, find the answers to these: How much hydrogen/oxygen does the pulser tank make for 50W in 100 seconds, how much hydrogen/oxygen does the engine need to produce 50W and up for 100 seconds. Ask 2 physics experts only one question from the 2 so they don't laugh at you.

It could work, pulsed power does act nonlinear in certain things.

Yes, I realize that the Water is broken into Oxygen and Hydrogen and not actually running on water, as that would be a Steam engine.

What I'm talking about is something they mention in the article about this conversion method and the fact that it mentions a 'Rust Problem'.

Also, this inventor has taken the design further by finding a method to solve the rust problem without the necessity to ceramicize or replace anything in your car's motor.

Upon reading it again, it seems that what they are saying is that there was a Rust Problem in the Previous Plans, but apparently these new ones are the updated ones that take care of that problem. My first post was incorrect then as it was from memory, which in my case is hardly reliable usually.

The thread I posted about this same topic is linked below. It also includes the links to read the articles that are included that talk in more detail about this conversion method and so forth.

Water Powered Vehicle - Build your own instructions
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 8-6-2004 by mOjOm]

posted on Jun, 8 2004 @ 11:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ME
Awsome, but the gov will prolly make it illegal.

If it works, they'll probably use it themselves and keep it from everyone else. Look up Chrysler's gas turbine engine.
It was road tested in the 70s, and was supposed to be used in the 1981 Chrysler New Yorker. The government gave Chrysler a huge financial bailout, but force Chrysler Defense to sell out to General Dynamics. General Dynamics then produced the M1 Tank, which runs on two gas turbine engines.

The 1981 version of the turbine engine (going from vague memory) got 30-some miles to the gallon and put out better than 300 pound feet of torque from an engine smaller than 1.5 feet cubed in dimensions. significant increases in both fuel economy AND power were achievable if new composite materials could be used affordably. This would have been good for up to a 20% boost. I think it was in 1985 that the M1 IP (improved product) was released, and with an engine upgrade.
This means that had the government not squashed it, a 1985 Chrysler New Yorker would tow more than many trucks while getting better mileage than a rice rocket.

Also, the gas turbine wasn't picky about fuel. Propane, Diesel, Gas, JP, kerosene, alcohol... anything that you wouldn't feel comfortable throwing on the campfire was suitable for the gas tank.

posted on Jun, 9 2004 @ 02:09 AM
link   
.. This has been considered
the only problem is that electrolysis requires a lot of power, which has to come from somewhere... oh, look, the electrolysis of the water which is then re-used to be combusted to re-form water...
Conservation of Energy laws people, with heat losses and stuff there is no way you could get this to even be self-sustaining electrolysis/combustion let alone have energy spare to drive a flipping car..
Ask any scientist on the board

top topics

join