It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Queen's Speech: Cameron hails 'radical' programme

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I haven't started a thread in a while, however the Queen's speech on political reforms quite frankly, makes me feel like we've been duped. She talks about everything from freedom to ID cards, nukes, social services etc. Kinda ironic, but expected. Did i just hear freedom in the same sentence as ID cards?

It almost feels as if Labor set up all the problems, just to get a reaction from the people so the Conservatives/LD's provide solutions to these problems that further the draconian agenda of the power elites, all in the name of democracy and freedom, of course. David Icke calls this problem-reaction-solution, and whatever judgment you may hold for the man, he makes sense on the problem-reaction-solution.

It also almost feels to me that they are doing a lot of minor positive things, then sliding a few major negative things under our noses.

Please don't flame me for being honest and posting conspiracy minded ideas on a conspiracy website. I know a lot of people like the queen and are offended by such thoughts, but no offense is intended.

news.bbc.co.uk...

What do you guys think anyway?

[edit on 25-5-2010 by Sloppy]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Sloppy

It almost feels as if Labor set up all the problems, just to get a reaction from the people so the Conservatives/LD's provide solutions to these problems that further the draconian agenda of the power elites, all in the name of democracy and freedom, of course.

What initiatives in particular do you have in mind?

Personally I was expecting radical manoeuvres to recover - strict austerity ala 1970's to bring the UK back in line. But perhaps that's exactly it?

That said, we've been in this political cycle before - Tory's having to come in and play "bad cop" to sort out Labour's mess
. Then again, perhaps that's the intention - get the masses primed to accept a difficult solution that - prima facie - resolves our "problems". Interesting

[edit on 25/5/10 by lizziejayne]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Personally I'm very pleased with the Lib-Con alliance. I think its the most democratic result our dysfunctional, democractic, system could possibly have provided us.
And as much as I disliked it, there was something "pleasent" about having Gordon Brown as PM 5 days after he had loswt the election, whilst meanwhile the Conservatives were forced to defend our current political system (against the Lib-Dem's calls for reform!!!).

However there are three things I'd rather not have been born to see...
1. Reduction in the number of MP's to save us all about 20p, each a year, and (of course) to reduce the number of Democratic representatives we acturally have.
2. AND: The idea of fixed term pariaments,
3. AND the idea 55% of Mp's (rather than 50%) should vote, to dissolve, a parliament.

On the Upside...
A major reason why the Lib-Dems weren't electable was because they were to the left of public opinion. This is changing now they have been given just a bit of power. In fact it was for powers sake they went "left wing" in the first place, when they changed their name from the Liberal Party, to the Liberal Democratic Party (after they took-in members from "Old" Labour. Guess things are going to change, some more?
Meanwhile, in Europe (with its new wave of regulations against the City of London, the busted Euro, and various other things) seems to be doing everything it can to convince the Lib Dems-Toryies to transition away, from being pro the European (anti-democratic) Union.
I am espically pleased that the Lib Dems will get to put voting reform to the English public. If we don't accept it, at least we can always blame another-media we sponsor (which is a lot better than having to blame, a deaf Con-Lab government!).

new topics

join