It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cops Furious at "Don't-Kill" Bill

page: 14
<< 11  12  13   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

If a criminal came at me with a knife I would shoot the bastard. How's is using a knife any better? Do you know what it feels like to have steel put through your flesh? I do.

Have some intellectual integrity to keep in mind that the issue is not shooting people with weapons, the issue that the bill addresses is the execution of criminals with weapons by Cops who are obviously to hasty to execute such people to the point of stimulating the public into attempting to pass a bill that would prevent such hasty disregard for life.

Do you not see the advantage a gun has over a knife? Do you not think the person with the knife would think twice about coming at you if you had a gun and that if he insisted shooting him in a limb or shoulder would disable him while sparing his life, or at least the attempt was made?

Now I understand that you show more restraint. And true you have every right to defend your life by taking another but you are not a police officer, you are not in a position of authority, Rights can not be abused authority can.

And when Authority is to often and to far abused, people will demand more rights to combat such abuse of authority. this is the only thing that stops despotic tyranny before it's too late and time is running out.

Here take an example of what a decent human is from this amoral cybernetic organism created by SkyNet. If a robot from the future can do it I'm sure cops could at least try to show a little more regard for a mans life.

Time is not important only life......multi pass!

[edit on 14-6-2010 by Izarith]

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Did I not say that it was terrible when it happens?
The “Bad Boys” were put on a leash; they now carry tasers as well as firearms.
The Taser is a non lethal form of defense, now all idiots get a second chance to do harm.
I would say we have come quite a ways seeing is how we have not had a Marshall call out a bad guy at “High Noon” in probably a hundred years or so. That is old world frontier justice.
You say “Crazy trigger happy murderous Cops” I have yet to see these roaming my streets, but I am sorry they seem to run yours with as angry as you seem to be about them.

new topics

<< 11  12  13   >>

join