It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cross or Alien Craft?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
In October of 312, Constantine faced an army nearly twice the size of his own army. The battle before him could decide his fate as the Emperor of Rome. According to tradition, Constantine saw the sign of a cross in the sun, and was told that in this sign he would conquer. Sure enough, he won the battle and the rest, quite literally, is history.

However, what is he didn't see a cross, but a craft. There are times that an aircraft can even appear to form the shape of a cross. If the aliens had determined that he was "their man," they could have easily influenced the battle that day.

If Constantine didn't know for sure what he saw, how could we?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:58 PM
link   
How do they pick "THEIR MAN"?
I fully understand your view...and believe that its all connected in someway...
But my question is, how do they decide who to help...Would they help us in War "The U.S."
Are we worthy?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Maybe it was an interdimensional light angel from a mothership craft that looks like our moon.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth1000
In October of 312, Constantine faced an army nearly twice the size of his own army. The battle before him could decide his fate as the Emperor of Rome. According to tradition, Constantine saw the sign of a cross in the sun, and was told that in this sign he would conquer. Sure enough, he won the battle and the rest, quite literally, is history.

History is [re]written by the victors.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
OP has been watching too much dribble, mainly that horrid show "ancient aliens". They dwelled on this, and the ignorant lapped it up. Once someone has something like this stuck in their minds, they can find it wherever they look.

Trying to make sense of ancient art and writings without even a basic understanding of it leads you to draw absurd and ignorant conclusions. Thus the problem of modern ufology, really.

OP, look into this beyond a post on a conspiracy website and you will be highly enlightened. I would point you in the right direction, but your journey is as important as the destination. If your truley interested in this subject, and want to be a positive influence, educate yourself.

Deny Ignorance.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

You should take your own advice.

The truth is you were not around back then, i was not around back then and either was anyone else who lives on this planet today.

So noone can say for certain either way if this planet was visited before, or if our history was shaped or influenced by others.

There is countless accounts from countless nations around the globe throughout our planets history detailing signs or crafts in the sky.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Who knows he could have just made that whole thing up..... Why not people make up all kinds of stuff all the time, especially on this site (not saying you are making this up BTW)

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
sure, and the aliens were responsible for the collapse of the bridge that led to maxentius drowning at the battle of the milvian bridge.

constantine had his vision in a dream, he didnt literally "see" anything

if you want to believe in aliens, thats cool. but if they are real, they probably arent responisble for most world events.

it would make a great sci fi movie though.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by BlesUTP]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I hope that no one gets too upset, but this thread was a type ofsarcasm for what a lot of people seem to want to post here. If it is a serious topic, there is little or no interest. If it is bizarre and based on absolutely no scientific prinicples, it gets jumped on by "believers."

I doubt that Constantine saw or heard anything out of the ordinary. Creating such a story probably simply provided him an opportunity to tap into the growing Christian fervor that was overtaking the empire.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Truth1000

History is littered with accounts of unknown objects in the sky. The book of Ezekiel in the Bible speaks of many weird objects appearing to the prophet. The "whirl wheels" are interpreted by many to be UFO's.

In the "Contemporary of Josephus", Josephus writes of a great star that resembled a flaming sword which hovered over Jerusalem for an entire year.

Look at these. Here's an old painting "Tenture de la Vie de la Vierge". What is that in the sky that looks like a giant hat/UFO?

And in another painting, "The Annunciation with Saint Emidius", what is that shining out from the sky?

And then of course how do you explain the shining object in the sky above the Virgin Mary, which is seen in the famous "Madonna and Child with the Infant St. John" painting?

I think it's clear that so much has been happening throughout history that we can't even begin to grasp what might be going on. After all, we are just alive for a small sliver of history and then we're gone.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by black cat]

[edit on 25-5-2010 by black cat]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

You should take your own advice.

The truth is you were not around back then, i was not around back then and either was anyone else who lives on this planet today.

So noone can say for certain either way if this planet was visited before, or if our history was shaped or influenced by others.

There is countless accounts from countless nations around the globe throughout our planets history detailing signs or crafts in the sky.

The burden of proof - or even reasonable-ness - lies upon the one arguing for the extraordinary position. It's even more true when the position is extraordinarily extraordinary - aliens actually influencing history.

"You can't prove it's not true" is not an argument, it's a logical fallacy.

black cat: IMO the first one is the only one without an immediately obvious explanation.

What appears to be going on in "The Annunciation with Saint Emidius" is that somebody (Saint Emidius?) is being annunciated. This is clearly a stylized, metaphorical painting depicting God's action of choosing or purifying or whatever the woman being pointed at. It's no more a reflection of reality than the halo shown around various figures' heads in Catholic art (unless you also wish to argue that Jesus' hair glowed?) If we're taking the shiny pointy thing to be an actual physical depiction of something, well, I'm more concerned about the winged hermaphrodites sneaking around back alleyways as shown in this picture.

The third one appears to be a blemish, an extension of the blemish extending from the top center to near the dot - the picture looks to have been water damaged.

I can come up with all this, and I'm not even a hardcore skeptic of ancient astronaut theories - researchers and those interested in this area ought to be examining their claims more closely and offering specific evidence, rather than going for a carpet-bombing approach of "so many odd things have happened in history, there must be an alien in there somewhere".

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Actually the last two of those images have been...um "debunked"
on a website (forgot which one).

The first one, never seen it before.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
People have fun with this kinds of threads, and there is definite evidence, even in the Bible, of "visitors" as even the angels were "something" that we don't know of.

However, there are some serious things that our government, international corporations, international financial and banking entities, etc., are doing to us every day. These aren't just interesting, they are dangerous! That is why I specifically joined this site, because there are smart, highly-trained, and very curious people who could help touncover some of the Top Secret secrets that are controlling our daily lives!

As for this thread, just look at my thread on Moses' close encounter and you can see that I firmly believe there is more going on than simple human adventures. I have witnessed things I cannot report because of the National Security Act, but I have researched and learned enough other things that I want people to know what is happening. Yet, when I post topics that can lead to some of these secrets, no one pays attention because there is a new "free energy from rabbit poop" or "chemtrails for three minutes over Atlanta airport" threads.

I have been building up some personal contacts for people who think like me, and we are helping each other learn more because of each other's knowledge base and personal experience. What we need, though, is ONE BOARD for serious topics. There are some people here, that if we started pooling information, that could make a difference.

Sorry about using a thread in this manner, but it is frustrating when people won't listen!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth1000

You know the old saying: You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make him drink. The most frustrating thing to me is when people refuse to keep an open mind even when I'm presenting valid evidence. For the most part, people in this thread have kept open minds. The responses haven't been hostile, so that's a good sign that you're in good company.

top topics

join