It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS Browser

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Er.. I didn't quite know where to put this so I figured here is good.

This is just an idea I have and I am willing to bet more than a few folks could pull it off.

If your like me, you have multiple tabs open when your monitoring ATS threads. I thought wouldn't it be neat if there were an ATS browser I could use instead of Internet Explorer or Firefox. Just to help keep all my ATS stuff in one place away from all my other tabs for the web.

Someone could make a fork of Firefox for instance and jazz it up with ATS logo's and such and this browser you only use for ATS.. of course you could use it for other things if you wanted to.

I dunno.. just thought it would be neat.. What do you think?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
What I do is have one folder on my menu bar for nothing but ATS pages I bookmark and use frequently.

Then I have my FF browser opened up to cruise ATS and have easy access to my ATS bookmarked pages and open new tabs. Then I can always open another browser page for different sites.

Just have two browser windows open at the same time?

Not sure if I understand you correctly.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
What I do is have one folder on my menu bar for nothing but ATS pages I bookmark and use frequently.

Then I have my FF browser opened up to cruise ATS and have easy access to my ATS bookmarked pages and open new tabs. Then I can always open another browser page for different sites.

Just have two browser windows open at the same time?

Not sure if I understand you correctly.

Sure you could do that.. and many people have their own system worked out I'm sure.

One of the reasons for this would be the novelty of it. It would look cool when your showing your friends ATS and you open up your ATS Browser. You could configure these things like ATS tabs, folders, links , shortcuts - all the stuff at the top that you see when you open a browser, could all be ATS oriented stuff.

I just think it would be cool and people would get a kick out of using it.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
So, How about it.. anyone know anything enough about making a fork of the Open Source FireFox wanna give this a try?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Dual monitors takes care of all of this

files.abovetopsecret.com...

I can't see much reason to fork a project just for a single site, unless you were going to give it the capability of doing things via greasemonkey like massive ignore lists, etc. but even then you could accomplish that without actually doing any coding.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Well,I can not imagine any one person having so little life that all he does is sits and monitors this conspiracy web site.

Just reading the recent threads there is nothing on here that is not just information from the MSM.

But what you are asking someone to do is just create a theme based on ATS.

With FF you could just permatab ATS and BTS. they would always be open.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Helig

I don't know that there would be any coding involved.. I just found the

" Firefox Build Your Own Browser Program "

byob.mozilla.com...

So this may be way easier than I had thought. This is just a way to make your own version of FireFox with deep customizations.

I just started reading about it now.

I'm going to try this out and see how far I can get.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oneolddude
Well,I can not imagine any one person having so little life that all he does is sits and monitors this conspiracy web site....

Now now..., show some compassion for those who cannot enjoy the freedom of movement you do.

There is no reason to invest time in improving your on-line experience, especially if it is a given that many will benefit from your efforts.

Also, my browser has had an open tab to ATS since at least 2008. Trust me, I have had and continue to have a life.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Darn.. I need some graphic images to add to this thing - as I knew I would -

But is there a download section by ATS or perhaps fan made logos, banners and the like that I could choose from that does not go against the TOS?

For now, I'm just building a test browser to check out all this things functionality.

But it will be cool.. comes in 10 languages, and is for Windows, Mac and Linux.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
I would like to point out that the Build Your Own Firefox thing is not an actual fork so much as it is a repackage of the stock browser just with links, a theme, etc. A true fork of firefox would involve changes to the code in order to introduce features, refine things, and the like.

new topics

top topics

join