It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Illegal immigration, shouldn’t we be flattered?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
With all of the talk on ATS about illegal immigration and the AZ immigration bill I thought I would bring some sanity back into the conversation.

We have illegal immigrants crossing our borders everyday, they are coming for the land of opportunity. They, like most of the developing and undeveloped world, still think America is the best place on earth. Where you have the right to succeed as long as you work for it, that was the America they were always told about.

While most Americans are extremely patriotic to their country, many have decided to turn illegal immigrants into an enemy or even worse, think of them as sub-human. This makes me ask the question, with all immigration issues aside, shouldn’t we be flattered that all of these people are coming to live in our country, risking their lives just to have a taste of ours? They obviously see our nation as great and our way of life as fantastic and they yearn for it, they want the American dream, whether it’s obtainable anymore or not.

I for one support immigration as most Americans do, but I also support amnesty for these immigrants. There is no such thing as an illegal person, PERIOD! We need to tackle our immigration issue, but have some compassion and treat these people with respect too.

Call me a liberal or a hippie, call me whatever makes you feel better. But I am one thing, I am human, just like every single person that will read this. We are all human, why do borders even matter? Shouldn't we care for and respect all people and not brand them as illegal and a threat if the only 'threat' they pose is to live a better life? Maybe you should try a little thing called Humanism.

[edit on 5/25/10 by Misoir]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
alright. Ill get a few thousand of my closest friends, get them all into mexico by way of rubber boat, tunnels, and inside dashboards, and then we'll all sit outside of home depot and be jerks.

Personally, im not flattered. Ill be flattered when all those illegal immigrants have the decency to become ACTUAL American citizens as opposed to Mexican trespassers.

I hate how people treat this issue like its the 1700's, and every person that comes over on the boat is here for a prosperous new life. Thats just retarded. We are a well established continent with established boarders, populations, and laws. Where is the flattery in breaking those laws, besides some twisted nostalgia for a time when every person who entered the states was an immigrant.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
By that logic, you should be flattered whenever someone rapes/sodomizes you.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
I believe you are a good person, but the "fairy tale" is that we can take care of everybody... yes it would be great If everybody could get along... I'll use a hunting analogy What happens when you don't hunt deer? they overpopulate and slowly starve to death, because of overpopulation, and not enough food. It's not rocket science, It is impossible for everybody who wants to live here, to be allowed to live here. Why is it that Pro-illegal people seem to be the void of common sense? The Unemployment rate is what 10%, more likely 18%, but we will go with 10%. So that means we are already overpopulated by 10%. So why should we bring more people in to this country, when we only have the ecosystem to support 90% of the population. I'm sorry it is just common sense.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Generally speaking when a country is on the rise it has realtivly open boarders, either in the sense they'll try to take any thing that so much as looks like a piece of land or through, just having lax border laws.

Examples include,

early north America

Romans

British empire

by comparison when I countries, starting to crumble they quickly get paranoid about foreigners.

Personally I think the idea of kicking immigrants and there descendants out of America back to there home countries is quite amusing.

Seriously, how would the BNP react to millions of Americans turning up on our borders and pointing out that according to BNP logic there British.

You get racists and isolationists (not necessarily the same thing I hasten to add) in most countries, to varying amounts but when, it comes to Americans being against immigration, I start to wonder what they were taught in there history lessons.

I mean next thing, you know they'll be telling school kids that Columbus discovered America (or for that matter that he was a good guy!).

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Originally posted by Misoir

shouldn’t we be flattered that all of these people are coming to live in our country, risking their lives just to have a taste of ours? They obviously see our nation as great and our way of life as fantastic and they yearn for it, they want the American dream, whether it’s obtainable anymore or not.

Be flattered if you happy doing nothing practical. Be alarmed if you care about the people legally in this, more than those who aren't.
At a time when unemployment is still rising, America will not go back to resembling "the dream" it once was (like 2007) until the flow illegal's is cut.

I don't believe there has ever been jobs that American's won't do, only jobs that aren't paid well enough, because other people are willing to take them from Americans.
That's not to say immigration is never good for America. When the economy is growing, and there is genuine shortage of jobs, then it obviously has a role.
Problem is (that even when employment was growing) too many were being allowed in to meet the demand, causing wage poverty for many (rather than additional, economic prosperity) for all.

There is no such thing as an illegal person, PERIOD!
I don't know who's giving you, "you're" "PERIOD" but most people can see that people are illegal ( until somebody like you; grants them an amnesty).

Call me a liberal or a hippie, call me whatever makes you feel better

Ok you: "Unrealistic, un-American, supporter of unoriginal, counter-productive, worn- out, left leaning, politics. And never mind; of even worse political ideas!!!"
Thanks; (sad as it may be) I do indeed feel better!

many have decided to turn illegal immigrants into an enemy or even worse, think of them as sub-human.

Illegal immigrants became an enemy of this country, the moment they broke the laws. Not just because it's the law, but because it's that "increasingly rare kind" of law that carry the vast majority of Americans support.
As for thinking as enemies as subhuman: Well; it's a perfectly normal human reaction, one which evolved for strong reasons, (reasons that still relevant today). In fact if it was millions of Americans that were travelling into Mexico, then I'm sure (that providing they really are human!) they would become, much the same.
So I believe this perspective should actually be encouraged. After all it's increasing the chance of real change (rather than "a change of broken promises" that Mr Non-Birther has given us).
To this end, support the notion that Illegal immigrants should be turned into bio-fuel (Yes it would act as a sure deterrent, to others, but also as a way of supporting American industry in this, mad time of Global Warming panic).
Support this notion, and I'll agree to support yours of giving every little "border buster" an amnesty (after all nobody would wants to fill their SUV with something Illegal!!). But I guess you're kind'a disagreeing, with me, on this (particular) notion?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
no, im not flattered. america is not the 'land of opportunity' anymore. just check the unemployment rate.

and please learn how to spell BORDERS! every other person who posts on the immigration issue throws an 'a' in there.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
reply to post by RestingInPieces

Another person comparing apples and oranges, yeh and breaking into your house too....... why bother you just sound like a moron making those comparisons.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   
Here's something to consider:

"...Illegal immigration and Homeland Security are joined at the hip.

I'm going to assume that those reading this are part of a tribe that has a general understanding of the creation of world Zionism, world finance, world wars, etc, so I will simply point out a few of the intersecting pieces to this puzzle that are impressing itself upon me.

There are many articles documenting the role of the Ford Foundation funding La Raza into a politically potent tool - one article I looked at this morning that goes pretty deep into the subject is

La Raza and MEChA ­ Tools of the New World Order By Phil Brennan - which you might glance at as it does a good job on documenting the Zionist connection, etc...Article

There was a statement out of the 2010 Bilderberg that made me sit up and pay attention "President Obama has promised to support a United Nations small arms treaty that could represent an end run around the second amendment."

This correlates with the process that Hillary Clinton began in Oct 2009 Article

There was a Fox News clip out 6/15: Mexicans Take Over Parts Of Arizona Video

Fox News: "A massive stretch of Arizona now off limits ­ to Americans ­ critics say in effect the administration is in effect giving a major strip of the Southwest back to Mexico. US Fish and Wildlife have closed a portion of the Buenos Aires Wildlife Refuge all along the border, warning visitors to beware of heavily armed drug smugglers and human traffickers.

Pinal County Sheriff: "It's literally out of control and violence has increased just in the last four months. We've been, not just as a sheriff but the police chiefs in Pinal County, we stood with Senator McCain and literally demanded support for 3,000 soldiers to be deployed to Arizona to get this under control and finally control our border with Mexico."

"in fact President Obama suspended construction of the fence."

(A sheriff siding with John McCain to bring in 3,000 soldiers is an annoying statement ­ but that's another issue)

And a clip from the movie 'Machete' ­ a film that will no doubt be released when the time is right...Video

And a propaganda piece put out on Cinco de Mayo...

Robert Rodriguez cuts 'illegal' trailer for 'Machete' to protest Arizona immigration law

We also need to keep in mind that the justification for the FEMA camps (that came out in the Iran Contra hearings) was the incarceration of illegals rioting - which at the time made little sense.

While this is just one facet of the "anarchy of globalization" as it unfolds in the U.S., and I'm sure there are many other pieces of this picture that could be put in place, we need to see this engineered race war with 'eyes wide open' and do what we can to diffuse and expose it.

Along with whatever else is in the pipeline, this will be used as justification for a police state and all that that implies."

Read the Article

There is a much larger picture that it would be worthwhile to consider, if only for the sake of self preservation.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
What's flattery got to do with anything? For those who wish to emigrate to our country, no matter what their reasons, there are laws in place. Those who don't follow them are criminals.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Misoir
why do borders even matter?

Maybe that's why you don't get it. I'd explore my own question if
I were you.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Good luck with this thread,and remember many people here will agree with you but they won't say so publicly.

Its amazing that in a country with a population of over 300 million these 15 million or so "illegal immigrants" are the root of all evil, they are whats wrong with this country. The worldwide recession isn't the reason for unemployment its the illegals fault!!!!

I liked this quote from another thread

Originally posted by whaaa

Let their ideology get in the way of their common sense.

If 50 million immigrants came here just think of all the walmart shopping trips and McDonnell and cokes they would purchase, but many here would say we can't afford them or we don't have room when our cities have only a fraction of the populations they once supported because of the exodus from the cities to the suburbs....

Yes Im both proud to be an American and I'm flattered that so many of these people wish to be one too.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Talk to the people who work in sectors that deal with illegals. They are rude, feel entitled, then after you hand them a paycheck from the taxpayers, they take off in their brand name clothes and shiny cars and bash the very Americans that are paying for them to live here.

We have illegals of every race. Canadian, Indian, African, Asian. So ask y ourself why latin immigrants are being preyed upon? Because no one else comes in demanding that we turn the US into a latin culture for their benefit. Everyone else is grateful to be here, and doesn't expect the system to cater to them.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
Talk to the people who work in sectors that deal with illegals. They are rude, feel entitled, then after you hand them a paycheck from the taxpayers, they take off in their brand name clothes and shiny cars and bash the very Americans that are paying for them to live here.

We have illegals of every race. Canadian, Indian, African, Asian. So ask y ourself why latin immigrants are being preyed upon? Because no one else comes in demanding that we turn the US into a latin culture for their benefit. Everyone else is grateful to be here, and doesn't expect the system to cater to them.

Exactly! There are jobs that now require you to speak spanish to get a factory job. Stores and other businesses have spanish signs everywhere. Why? Because most of our illegals are latinos. Even the ones who know how to speak english will only speak it when they have to. Many have been here for years and still don't speak a word of it.

You don't go to a foreign country expecting and demanding they speak your language. How rude! If all other immigrants can learn the language, so can the spanish speaking population. In a work setting of many immigrants with different languages, it is the english language that ties us all together.

Many hispanics have no intention of becoming legal citizens and come right out and tell you. When you ask them why not, they tell you how "America gives you a lot. America is stupid." Well that's grateful for ya! When you ask them how they got the job if they are illegal, they tell you all about the false documents and stolen identities they paid for. They tell you how easy it is.
They tell you how they send a lot of their earnings back to their own countries and how they will live like kings after so many years. Many are not coming here to live the American dream, they are coming here working the system for all it's worth and will live their dream elsewhere. All the while legal citizens are falling through the cracks and have no job to support their families.

Citizens who barely make above the poverty limit are denied help for medical bills etc. while illegals get free medical, cheap housing etc. This is not right.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   
Now you make a few good points, however, the question should be are you prepared and would it matter? Does it really matter, that we are a nation of laws, being one of the few countries, where the limits on legal immigration are far more easier for people to get into the country, is lighter than most of the other countries around the world? Does it matter, that most illegale immigrants are really breaking the law, and enduring human rights violations getting into the country? Does it matter, that in a time of economic strife, we can not afford to take care of all of the people wanting to get into the country, and some have suffered at the hands of illegale immigrants? Does it matter that there is a city in the US, that is the kidnapping capital of the country and Number 2 in the world?
Let me ask you this, do you enjoy having a job, knowing that if you do not like said job, or your boss violates your rights, you can go and legally bring your boss up on charges, or even sue said company? Or are you in favor of virtual slavery, where the employer, if he is not satisfied with the performance of a person, can fire them, and they are now without employment and having to live off of welfare? Does it matter that for every illegale immigrant who crosses the border, the chances that a strain of a disease erradicated in the US, may come back and be resistent to the medicines that would cure such? Would it matter, if some illegale immigrant stole your idenity and now you are stuck with the taxes and a credit rating that is ruined? Does it really matter, that with illegale immigration, that there is no control over who all is sneaking into the country, both good and bad? Would it matter to you, if your home was broken into, or that your family was terrified to go out at night for fear of their lives? Are you happy with the status quo? If you are happy with the way things are, then you are in favor of murder, kidnapping, rape, extortion, drug and human smuggling, the flow of disease, slavery, and to allow for the safety of the general population of the US to be put in danger, by those willing to break the laws to do such.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

It is so obvious that you have never had to live near large packs of illeagal aliens.

They have an (Irish traveler/Gypsy/grifter) like view of Americans.

Move to Huntington Park California with your family for a year 'then' I might give your opinion some merit.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Excellent points. I think most pro illegal people are either illegal themselves, have a friend or relative that is illegal or don't live near the bad illegals. Too many citizens have cried out for help to protect their safety and the government does not care.

How can we be flattered by those who steal, lie, cheat, murder, rape etc? My God, citizens need to support their families and the jobs are going to foreigners. Our children want to play in their yards. We want to be able to sleep at night without the fear of hearing more gunshots or having things stolen. Many of our children are abused by illegal pedophiles. Many people are killed by illegals who have previous arrests or who have been deported more than once and still keep coming back.

Illegals are recieving benefits that our struggling people cannot get. The hospital here in town has served many illegals for many years for free and may be closing soon. Seeing the next nearest hospital is many miles away, those in emergency situations where time is of the essence will die. I am not flattered by the illegals, I am disgusted.

posted on Jun, 21 2010 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Come live where I do.

It is a haven for illegals and has turned into a dump.

It was a nice place 35 years ago when I first came here.

They have NO respect for the law and will try to get away with everything they can.

It is ingrained in their DNA to be criminals,I firmly believe.

But since they are 100% Catholic,corruption, is something that is taught from a early age.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oneolddude
Come live where I do.

It is a haven for illegals and has turned into a dump.

It was a nice place 35 years ago when I first came here.

They have NO respect for the law and will try to get away with everything they can.

It is ingrained in their DNA to be criminals,I firmly believe.

But since they are 100% Catholic,corruption, is something that is taught from a early age

Are you talking about illegals in general?
Or about Mexicans?

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
Flattered? Not really. Would you be flattered if someone just invited themselves to move into your house? I doubt it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join