It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP to shut down live feed during "Top Kill" operation

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:08 PM
link   
I am watching CNN right now and they just had a breaking news alert saying that BP has just announced they will be killing the live feed currently available to the public during the "Top Kill" operation. This doesn't add up to me, why would you need to kill the feed to perform this operation? The live feed has been up during their preparation for this operation so why now are they going to kill it? I wish their website had a news article up on it but it seems they have not put one up yet. However I'm watching this live and they just announced this.
EDIT: news.blogs.cnn.com... they finally put something up about in on their site here is the link.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by FearfulButInterested]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Wouldn't want the sheeple to watch just in case in it goes wrong.

that would just be bad for PR

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Just heard this on CNN as welll - they are waiting for final confirmation. I believe we have a right to see how this goes. Mostly like don't want us to see it go wrong or cause another disaster.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
Perhaps they don't want us to see a nuclear weapon?

Perhaps the cameras, will get in the way, LOL!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by crazydaisy

I agree with you, we definitely have a right to see this. I can see no way how it would interfere with the operation in any way. They need to keep the feed live or give a substantial reason for killing the feed.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
It keeps getting WORSE, and WORSE, and WORSE!!!!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I have a really really bad feeling about this and the next events that are to take place.
Without sounding like a total tool, i would like you all to do one thing for me, its not much,
Please start collecting items that will store water. Jerry Cans, bottles anything. I cant stress how much im been serious here. Even if only a few of you listen, and please keep them handy. Im not scare mongering.

Think of it like this.....if there was a water incident and there was either no water or the water was tarnished from tommorow night and wont return to normal for 3 weeks?........................etc etc etc

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
Perhaps they don't want us to see a nuclear weapon?

Perhaps the cameras, will get in the way, LOL!

I don't see them using a nuke at this point. They would have to evacuate parts of the gulf first, because the radiation would mix with the oil and the dispersants and make a super toxic sludge.

If a nuke is used it will be after a semi orderly evacuation for a hurricane, then they put the nuke to it and won't let the people return home. Surprise, surprise, surprise.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jazz10

I too have a bad feeling about this I can see no legitimate reason to kill the live feed. It just doesn't add up.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by chorizo4

Well, I'd hope so, since I live in the area. BP seems to be doing whatever they want to, and the spill is in international waters.

Do you really think they need our permission?

I hope so, on that thought, too!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by FearfulButInterested

There's no accountability in this operation from BP or the Administration. But take heart friends, they know what's best for you and yours.

Remember, big business and government know better than you do, because they are better.

May the Supreme Being help us.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:50 PM
link   
A simple explanation could be that, they are pulling the submersibles out to prevent them from being damaged during the operation. The 'top kill' involves pumping an ungodly amount of mud and cement at high pressure in to the drill head, so with all the murky mud there might not be any thing to see. But then BP has been so open and honest during the whole thing, that if they are talking, there is a good chance they're lying.

www.cnn.com...

[edit on 25-5-2010 by PresumedInnocent]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
It's most likely a fix that will NOT work at this point yet if they kill the public-cams,they CAN (and probably WILL) proclaim a success with the fix and no one will be the wiser as there will be no live-proof.Who's also to say they will actually DO anything other than chat about it...many suggest the current "live feed" is a loop as well and doesn't reflect the actual timeline.

The lying and BS related to this truly catastrophic incident is epic.

I am awe-struck at the lack of disregard and response by TPTB: what will it take for them to get a clue and get the military or someone else with HUGE capabilities in there?

Let me guess: lots of dead people maybe?

Sucks.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by irishchic]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
Well this just confirms exactly what the other member said here www.abovetopsecret.com... about BP covering up the fact that TS really has hit the fan.

Why was the thread closed? it was obvious the OP put alot of time and effort in to his/her thread?

[edit on 25-5-2010 by franspeakfree]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Live feed lol, is that the same "live feed" which has been on the same Loop for the past 2 days after the huge chasm which opened up after their last botched attempt. Maybe they just don't want people to see the bigger mess they've actually created.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I'm not taking BP's side AND I realize this is a conspiracy website....However, I believe that it's possible that they are doing this under darkness and with camera's turned off because the method they will be using is proprietary and they don't want to reveal their trade secrets to the world.

That being said, I can't help but believe that this attempt will be a complete failure...but I don't see much point in them trying to hide it, as the failure will be obvious.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
Well this just confirms exactly what the other member said here www.abovetopsecret.com... about BP covering up the fact that TS really has hit the fan.

Why was the thread closed? it was obvious the OP put alot of time and effort in to his/her thread?

[edit on 25-5-2010 by franspeakfree]

I agree it shouldn't have been closed.. the other thread was in a different forum and was out dated.. the new thread had a lot of great photos and a more accurate title.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Taking down the camera aye?

Before discussing this issue, there are some things I would like to point out.

1) How do we know that the "live feed" BP is providing us with is not a simulation, of a separate controlled leak, or a pre-recording? In fact, BP (from what I've seen and heard so far, correct me if I'm wrong) has no way of proving that the "live feed" is live or is recorded at the source of the oil leak.
2) BP has been extremely cautious with letting people see for themselves, or photograph or record affected areas in this disaster.. (It seems that a legitimate question to be asked would be: Is there something that they do not want us to see?)

With the above considered

3)Maybe BP really is not showing the actual leak, and in order to hide that potential fact, are going to shut down the live feed during the "top kill".

-(Three of many potential reasons that I think may apply if the above is true)-

3.1) BP is embarrassed at the magnitude of the leak and would like to hide it
3.2) The magnitude of the leak is so great that BP and the media is being forced or intimidated (by who? The Government? The EPA?) to lie about it in order to prevent panic.
3.3) BP and possibly other parties created a controlled "leak" and are fabricating the whole effort to stop it. Such a conspiracy might be motivated to manipulate politics, or be motivated for financial purposes (Halliburton?), or just to create disaster (some sick agenda?).

4)Maybe the Camera (assuming that it is actual live feed of the source of the leak) would get in the way of the operation (Plausible), or consume too much resources to operate (Which I doubt).

[edit on 25-5-2010 by BlubberyConspiracy]

[edit on 25-5-2010 by BlubberyConspiracy]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by BlubberyConspiracy

If you watch the feed long enough you'll see that it is live as every once in awhile they'll move the camera and sometimes they move the robots.. they are most active after 10pm eastern.

Edit:
Also you may notice that they are now showing a live feed of the smaller leak and not the main leak.. did something happen that they don't want us to know?

[edit on 5/25/2010 by Morpheas]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morpheas

Originally posted by franspeakfree

I agree it shouldn't have been closed.. the other thread was in a different forum and was out dated.. the new thread had a lot of great photos and a more accurate title.

I had made a suggestion (which was ignored) and also posted in ATS Issues thread to devote a forum to this on going catastrophe like was done during Swine Flu.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

For some reason, no joy and zero response. But I carry little weight around here. Perhaps you could let your opinions be known. Couldn't hurt.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by kinda kurious]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join