It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indisputable Evidence: BP Has Obama In Their Back Pocket!!!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Just because it's illegal doesn't mean it's not happening everyday. Come on, there are wink-winks, attaboy's, scratch my back I'll scratch yours type deals going on at all big companies!!!

Our country has lost its way.

You and I are on the same side.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I'm just surprised it's such a small number...3.5 million (with an M)? It honestly does not seem like much to me, certainly not enough to buy ones loyalty/indifference.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Y2Kurly

BP did spend another 15.9 million on lobbying....to loosen regulations...to save them mucho dinero....which led to failed safeguards...which led to the current disaster we face.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Of course I agree. If not an employee then there is definetly some fear there.
Sure is a messed up thing to say. But a black rain on the white house
would certainly be an odd kind of karma.

SnF

[edit on 26-5-2010 by randyvs]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Does anyone remember that Obama campaigned for POTUS on the plank that there would be no more off-shore oil drilling?
Then more recently he decided that he would lease more areas for off-shore oil drilling?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
People can speculate and go back and forth all day but the reality of it all is that we know nothing. Sure, we may have an IDEA or we may know a few details here and there but the real truth is hidden so deep that we may never find it.

Call me crazy, but I think that initial explosion in that oil well was INTENTIONAL, as in an ATTACK.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I'm seriously doubting the validity of the source for this thread....

Here's the top contributors to the campaign in 2008:

University of California $1,591,395
Goldman Sachs $994,795
Harvard University $854,747
Microsoft Corp $833,617
Google Inc $803,436
Citigroup Inc $701,290
JPMorgan Chase & Co $695,132
Time Warner $590,084
Sidley Austin LLP $588,598
Stanford University $586,557
National Amusements Inc $551,683
UBS AG $543,219
Wilmerhale Llp $542,618
Skadden, Arps et al $530,839
IBM Corp $528,822
Columbia University $528,302
Morgan Stanley $514,881
General Electric $499,130
US Government $494,820
Latham & Watkins $493,835

Source

Gonna do more digging....

...and more:

while Obama received $71,051 in BP-linked contributions during his presidential campaign -- more BP money than any other candidate received -- all of that money came from BP employees, not from BP's PAC or from the company itself. A spokesman for the Center for Responsive Politics confirmed that "the $71,051 that Obama received during the 2008 election cycle was entirely from BP employees." The CRP spokesman also stated that "Obama did not accept contributions from political action committees, so none of this money is from BP's PAC. And corporations themselves are prohibited from donating directly to candidates from their corporate treasuries."

Donations from BP or its employees represents just .01 percent of Obama's total fundraising. As Media Matters senior fellow Jamison Foser has noted, Obama has raised more than $799 million for his campaigns. The $77,051 he has received from BP's PAC and employees accounts for less than 0.01 percent of Obama's total campaign contributions.

Source

I really hate these laughing emoticons but hey... when in Rome....

More digging ensues...

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Anamnesis]

This is like shooting fish in a barrel....

Another would be to say that in the last 20 years, BP has given 71 percent of its money to Republicans, and 29 percent to Democrats.

Source

Meh.... I agree that Foreign interests should not be allowed to contribute to POTUS campaigns but... lol... they're all in the pocket... not just BO...

god... i hate those things....

OK... last edit....

When Good Ol' Boy G.W. was in office I used to defend him with Hanlon's Razor: Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity.

I'm beginning to think the same applies to BO and the like....

Have fun bashing me!!!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Anamnesis

When you dig through campaign contributions long enough you can produce numbers that will make your head spin. This thread has discussed the small amount (compared to the actual total amount of $$ raised) of DISCLOSED contributions from BP employees.

Take a look at some other numbers-

What about the $25,289,671 in contributions listed as "No Disclosure"?

NO DISCLOSURE: No information about the donor's employer and / or occupation was listed.

www.opensecrets.org...

EDIT to add: Of course they're all in the big companies' back pockets

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Signals]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals

When you dig through campaign contributions long enough you can produce numbers that will make your head spin. This thread has discussed the small amount (compared to the actual total amount of $$ raised) of DISCLOSED contributions from BP employees.

Take a look at some other numbers-

What about the $25,289,671 in contributions listed as "No Disclosure"?

NO DISCLOSURE: No information about the donor's employer and / or occupation was listed.

www.opensecrets.org...

EDIT to add: Of course they're all in the big companies' back pockets

So... if those contribution sources were not disclosed.... who does the "loyalty" go to?

I'm just askin....

eh... you've already made up your mind... no point in arguing with you bud...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
***WARNING***COMMON SENSE ALERT TO PREVENT BRAINWASHING***WARNING**

BP can do whatever it wants to do. The President Of The United States is an employee of theirs. Everything you hear about it is a Lie.

BP and its employees have given more than $3.5 million to federal candidates over the past 20 years, with the largest chunk of their money going to Obama, according to the Center for Responsive Politics.

On top of that, the oil giant has spent millions each year on lobbying — including $15.9 million last year alone — as it has tried to influence energy policy.

Tried??
It has influenced it! It owns it!

Think of our President as a spokesman for BP. In other words, don't believe ANY information MSM is feeding you about the oil spill. It must be MUCH worse than we are being led to believe!!!

Yeah, he got about $71,000 from BP employees. Didn't take money from any PACs, and direct contributions are illegal.

But, since he raised $800 million, the BP employees gave him .01% of his total. You really think that's enough to buy influence?

God, you people are so willing to believe anything negative that your logic and consistency goes out the window when it comes to Obama.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by mothershipzeta

Excuse me, where did the $200 Million come from that was NOT itemized? I guess we will never know.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Well, BP gave more to Obama's campaign than any president prior. And he STILL hasn't declared a state of national emergency.

However, with all that was put in as far as executive privilege under Bush, I'm pretty mixed about that 'national emergency' issue.

I think it's ridiculous that a foreign person...hehe, I mean corporation could have so much clout in our nation's disasters - especially if he...er...they caused it.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sphota
Well, BP gave more to Obama's campaign than any president prior. And he STILL hasn't declared a state of national emergency.

However, with all that was put in as far as executive privilege under Bush, I'm pretty mixed about that 'national emergency' issue.

I think it's ridiculous that a foreign person...hehe, I mean corporation could have so much clout in our nation's disasters - especially if he...er...they caused it.

BP did not give anything Obamas campaign - the post is a lie and has been debunked, the title is a total fraud but the ATS mods refuse to correct it as they are as crooked as you think Obama is.

BP has given OBAMA zero donations. ZERO !!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I posted the info below on the thread:
"Corexit Is Killing The Gulf", but the thread died...
Campaign Contributions are NOT the only thing that ties Obama to BP..
Read below about who makes Corexit, the chemical that BP WONT stop using, and who is in cahoots with them..
Im sure if you research the info Glen Beck gives you have heard how Obama is tied to APOLLO....Please read below..

Anyone thought of asking WHY BP would continue to use this chemical, even after Congress has asked them not to??? Here's why...
Corexit is made by Nalco (National Aluminate Corporation ).
The merger of two CHICAGO based companies.

Nalco was founded as National Aluminate Corporation in 1928 through a merger of Chicago Chemical Company and Aluminate Sales Corporation, two Chicago-based companies selling sodium aluminate to treat water. Chicago Chemical Company sold mainly to municipalities and industrial plants for boiler feedwater treatment. Aluminate Sales Corporation sold to the railroads to condition water used in steam locomotives.

In 2003...

USFilter and Ondeo Nalco enter into a strategic partnership providing equipment, chemicals and service to industrial customers.
The Blackstone Group, Apollo Management L. P. and Goldman Sachs Capital Partners buy Ondeo Nalco

www.nalco.com...

Humm..where have I heard Apollo Management..???????
Oh yes..they are connected to OBAMA, and helped write the Health Care Bill..amoung other things..
Have you seen how much Nalco's stocks have risen???
They continue using this chemical for a reason..its called TREASON..

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   

You and your buddy audus are trolling and derailing, plain and simple.

Unfortunately you missed a great post in between your thread/ATS bashing.

There's nothing HOAX about this thread. If you don't like it, move along.

Before you call any of my posts garbage, take a LONG look in the mirror you two....

And go start a new thread (perhaps a collaboration
) on how you two believe our government is on the up-and-up and not bought and paid for by corporations.

Just don't forget...just because you bought the propaganda doesn't mean they won't throw you in the meat grinder first!!!

EDIT to add - Just read your signature. HOW IRONIC

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
On topic now please.

If you have an issue with a thread or post, please hit the 'alert' button and the staff will look into the issue for you.

Please do not derail threads.

Thank you.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MissysWorld

That is a VERY compelling part of this whole mess. Several threads have been ongoing, that stuff seems like it's just as bad for you as crude, maybe worse.

All it seems to do is make the spill look "better" for BP.

Here's a good one- www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join