It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indisputable Evidence: BP Has Obama In Their Back Pocket!!!!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   
Its good to know the British still own America, long live the colonies!

In all seriousness, how did this happen? The world is so *snip* up

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

[edit on 27-5-2010 by GAOTU789]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by audas
This thread is BOGUS and a HOAX - it has been debunked here..

mediamatters.org...

The donations were from individual employees and NOT FROM BP - I expect this to be cited as a HOAX by the mods immediately.

Thanks and lets try and keep things FACTUAL !
In light of your post,

Riddle me this ... What has Obama done in the midst of this oil blowout catastrophe?

He has not stuck his nose where BP says it doesn't belong!

Now, who owns whom?

BP owns their man in the Oval Office, bought and paid for!!!!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by audas
This thread is BOGUS and a HOAX - it has been debunked here..

mediamatters.org...

The donations were from individual employees and NOT FROM BP - I expect this to be cited as a HOAX by the mods immediately.

Thanks and lets try and keep things FACTUAL !

The OP included that info. Blog entries can't debunk anything.

Employee contributions not related to the company?

Come on buddy...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Yes signals this is very very disturbing, common anymore but still disturbing.
It accomplishes a few more things as well if taken in the direction I think they'll take this.
It will bring oil under the governments control, socialized oil, and also then open the door for a massive thrust on the reduction of oil to market, limiting travel, freedom of movement, goods and services, food supply, crop damage, basically a crippling or death blow to alot of people.
The impact that's coming has been something I've been thinking about.
This will wrap itself around the the Florida tip, travel up the eastern seaboard and head north and eventually across the Atlantic.

Please visit what I've put together so far.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   
Obama received $77,000 from BP during the 2008 election cycle - the largest single contribution EVER given by BP to ANY candidate!!! Last time I checked, BP was a FOREIGN company and foreign companies are forbidden from contributing to candidates. So, what gives!?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

My guess would be

when you split it up between employees, you can get around that....

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by HappilyEverAfter

Thanks, I'll be keeping an eye on that thread.

Where is the oil going is an important question!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Obama received $77,000 from BP during the 2008 election cycle - the largest single contribution EVER given by BP to ANY candidate!!! Last time I checked, BP was a FOREIGN company and foreign companies are forbidden from contributing to candidates. So, what gives!?

OR at twist on that would be,
It's NOT foreign when youre a part of it!?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:36 AM
link   
I am furious at Obama for his inaction over this catastrophe. He should be throwing CEOs in prison until they STOP using Corexit and get this hole plugged.

BUT

BP, the corporation, did NOT donate to Obama. That money came from individuals who work for BP.

It's been debunked elsewhere, but my research is HERE and shows that the money came from INDIVIDUALS.

This Thread Title is NOT true.

I know some of you don't care about truth, but I'm hoping that a few of you still do...

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Thank you B.H. I admit, I didn't see that one. Good point out.

The only thing I see with that though is use that in the political arena come next election when, say, Pepsi employees form a group/PAC etc and they donate boatloads to a canidate.

Won't it be preceived as Pepsi supporting the particular canidate and not the individual employees-who stand to benifit if any regulation/laws can be effected in their/Pepsi's favor?

No need to answer but your response struck me and the threads about the SCOTUS ruling towards/in favor of Corporations were flying about. (not the time or thread to discuss this in detail-IMO).

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Just a few questions-

Which part of the title isn't true?

Do you argue the donations and political lobbying BP has done (as many other corporations do)?

Is it the "indisputable evidence" part that bothers you?

Could it be you don't feel that government is owned by big companies? My assertion that our President works for BP?

Why do so many people get so jacked up about thread Titles?

If you were me, what would your title have been?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72
The only thing I see with that though is use that in the political arena come next election when, say, Pepsi employees form a group/PAC etc and they donate boatloads to a canidate.

The BP employees DIDN'T form a PAC. If Pepsi forms a PAC, then it's a PAC and will be listed as a PAC and SHOULD be seen as a PAC, but that's not what happened with BP. It was individual contributors like me and you. DO you think a HUGE corporation would donate a measly $77K to a presidential candidate?

Signals, if you can't figure out my position from my posts, then I can't help you further. I think you're smart enough to know the answers to those questions.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

And now that the Supreme Court has ruled private companies can donate as much as they like, all our Gov will be owned. What no one stops to think about is this.

Say I am an international company and I want a certain person in office to get my country of origin bailed out, well then I donate millions and the President then does what my country asks. Lets not forget that corp's have no boarders.

Bunch of #e all of it!

Oh and Haliburton owns us as well. Ol Cuz'n Dick got lots of friends and interests in that co.

www.halliburton.com...
Funny that their website is pushing unconventional gas, deep water and you got it CLEAN ENERGY.

Its all a spiders web and the ocean is dying because these arsholes want to make money or save some.

I am so tired of this sacred place (Earth) being raped and pillaged for greed and the egoic nature of the elite.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

$77,000 isn't measly-in my opinion, but regardless of the amount.

Okay, Pepsi doesn't form a PAC, it's employees dontate the money. Don't you think that the common folk are still going to associate that with Pepsi?

I think what we are missing here is who the employees are and what positions they hold with BP. It if is the cleaning people from the night shift great. If it is all company execs then I think they were most likely directed or instructed to do so. We'll see.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Big Oil has give money to every single party and president since time immemorial.

In the last election some 77% (According to CNN a couple of days ago) of oil company contributions were to the Republican Party.

Allowing lobbying and corporate interests to take part via campaign or political party contributions is the real issue - its is fundamentally corrupt.

This goes for Oil, Healthcare, Defence and on and on and on- there is no end to the conflict of interests and this is independent of any given party.

Bravo

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Bravo111]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   

$77,000 isn't measly-in my opinion,

To BP AND to Obama, it is. And since they're the parties involved (and I'm not), I'm speaking from their perspective.

Okay, Pepsi doesn't form a PAC, it's employees dontate the money. Don't you think that the common folk are still going to associate that with Pepsi?

If they don't educate themselves, then yes, they will. But it's NO ONE'S job to educate them, but themselves. That's the problem with so much crap that we hear. People don't take the time to educate themselves or to find the TRUTH. Instead, they lazily believe whatever they read. That makes it AWFULLY easy for the PTB to use us and control us, don't you think?

I think what we are missing here is who the employees are and what positions they hold with BP. It if is the cleaning people from the night shift great. If it is all company execs then I think they were most likely directed or instructed to do so. We'll see.

We can see right now. If you had the real curiosity, you'd read the link I provided and go there yourself. The information is RIGHT THERE and you're too ... what? ... lazy? (Are you lazy?) to go there and find out for yourself! Who do you think is going to tell you otherwise??? Why are you leaving YOUR education up to someone else??

HERE!!! LOOK HERE!!!

I can't make it any easier.

Attorneys, Safety Advisers, Management, Engineer, Paralegals, Traders, Consultants, Technicians, Retired, Human Resources, Accountants, and some don't list their positions.

Don't just say, "We'll see". Go out there and FIND THE TRUTH.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Relax there girl. I'm a tad busy. Sorry I didn't see something you put up.

A wee sensitive today (and most day recently).

It must be nice to know $77,000 isn't a lot in the big wigs world. Funny how Obama keeps on saying that most of his money came in little bits from countless people. I guess he meant the donations of over the 77K. Wonder if he won't mind sending back the measly little donations? LOL

You a little jilted too-it seems. Funny. Have a very nice day. Go back to bed and wake up the other side.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

I am aware of your stances, so it surprises me you are making such an issue out of the list of individual donors.

Have you ever worked for a large corporation? There are many instances were employees are encouraged to vote for or contribute to a candidate that is favorable to that companies way of business, or that holds a position which could directly affect the company's bottom line. Attend a fundraiser, get in good with your boss, so he can get in good with his boss, etc...

It feels strange explaining this to you, as I will borrow something from an earlier post of yours

I think you're smart enough to know the answers to those questions.

I worked for a large chain of pawnshops for 18 years. We were given State Representatives names, phone numbers, email addresses, etc. and "encouraged" by our Area Managers and those above them to contact them and ask them why they wanted to "hurt our customers" by limiting our interest rate...which in turn we were supposed to explain, would force us to shutdown....which in turn would leave many credit impaired people without an option if they needed money....I even sold a State Rep. some pretty cool stuff at deep discounts for "the good of the company".

My point is that corporations encourage employees to be politically active...as long as it's their candidates...and reward employees for participation.

But you already know that.

Hence my puzzlement

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   

A wee sensitive today (and most day recently).

You're right. I'm sorry. It's not that I'm sensitive, I'm outraged.
I usually keep my cool and lately, I'm not cool at all. I'm pretty freaking upset. I don't mean to take it out on other members, though. I do apologize that I come across so harshly. I'm really worried about my country.

Originally posted by Signals
Have you ever worked for a large corporation?

Are Intel, GTE and Siemens large enough for you? That's where I spent my career before I retired. I was NEVER encouraged to donate to OR vote for ANYONE. It's against the law for them to suggest to you, how to vote. PACs and UNIONS can do that, but Corporations cannot.

Maybe your pawn shop corporation did that, but mine didn't.

No person, whether acting under color of law or otherwise, shall intimidate, threaten, coerce, or attempt to intimidate, threaten, or coerce any other person for the purpose of interfering with the right of such other person to vote or to vote as he may choose, or of causing such other person to vote for, or not to vote for, any candidate for the office of President, Vice President, presidential elector, Member of the Senate, or Member of the House of Representatives, Delegates or Commissioners from the Territories or possessions, at any general, special, or primary election held solely or in part for the purpose of selecting or electing any such candidate.

US Code: Voting Rights

Coerce - : to compel to an act or choice

[edit on 5/26/2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Haydn_17
Its good to know the British still own America, long live the colonies!

In all seriousness, how did this happen? The world is so f*ed up

Everytime these threads come up all you Americans come up with the same BS.
BP Is not BRITISH owned, it is AMCO!!! Time to lay the blame at your own door.

The headquarters are in London for a reason, when things go wrong where do you point the finger......away from the real movers and shakers of BP in the USA.
Please do your research before you fingerpoint.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join