It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Extremely Rare Astrological Alignment Could Spell Global Meltdown In Late Summer

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by robbinsj
Can anyone go back to the last time this happened and what events took place???
Quick google search and I fould somthing about the Ice age ending in 8000 BC.

Anyone else pipe in what could have happend the last time this accured?

A great Flood, pretty much or at least Europe @ Middle East/ worldwide?

The Destruction of Atlantis or whatever civilisations this represented?

The Crossing of the Early Native Americans across the bearing straight into the Americas, the fist human populations thereof?

THe Nuclear events or whatever it was that created the Maharabet, and the glass found in sites in indian subcontinent?

The polynesians spreading, and also maybe the Hunas first reaching towards Hawaia etc as they fled the destruction of Europe Atlantis.

A great shift in metal working abilities of modern man and technological use of fire and metals?

Etc Etc.

I have so many planets & sun moon in Pisces its a blessing and a curse. I too took not much of astrology, however as any strong Pisces Knows from what Uranus has done to us over the last 7-8 years and more, good luck cardinal signs and aries, if your house is not in order, if you have not learned your life lessons by now, the effects of astrology seem to just indicate what "Karma" or "forced change" will occur.

It truly as every indication and way it affects, ie electricity, water, revolution, independance turned my life upside down in every area, relationships, health, experiences, events, and in every way. It was quite a trip to be honest but neccessary in hindsight even though much much pain at the time, and unexpected events occured, only where I had not sorted them first.

In anciant Indian Astrology the Horoscope or astrology do not THEMSELVES affect us, they are just a map of our destiny, gods or your souls blueprint or map. Of what energies or external influences will occur if you have not grown, or learnt your incarnations lessons or challenges faced and overcome yet. It is then forced on us, both collectively and individually.

Have worked in Mental Health too, and full moons without a doubt 110% do affect peoples behavour, and experiences, no question, no doubt, no in any way shadow of untruth in that. Its a cert and fact.

Collectively we have not learnt the lessons from the banking crisis and just proped up the status quo in capitalism, we were like I was given chances and signs before hand, but ignored it and carried on regarless, so I am looking forward but with some trepidation of the change that will be forced on us, as it will be good for later generations of humans (globaly not just the west) but very very difficult for us.

Just a word of warning to strong aries and cardinals, and it will tak a while maybe depending on your individual charts not until a year or two, but whatever you ahve not sorted in habits, behaviour, negative aspects of yourself, well one way or another you will be forced to face it head on, or it will all just crash around you or jump up and bite your bum. Be honest look in the mirror, make change grow become better dont repeat the same old patterns that are bad to others and yourslef so it cant force that change on you and all control is lost.

Good luck to us all collectively as this is big in the big picture and on a personal note to.

Elf waves bye bye to Uranus smiling, happy it is now going from pisces, relieved and at last, but with very very much cautious respect. Once bitten (in a rabid frenzied way) twice shy to be sure.

Kind Regards,

Elf.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by HothSnake

Hi, I am a picean (1978) My husband is librian (1974)
We have already felt the impact and thought worst has gone.
I myself have learnt the hardest lesson in my life.
So how much more do we have to go through, our lives have already changed.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

Well, the good thing about being an Aries is that we are at our best when the SHTF. Its when everything is all nice and well organized that we kind of flounder. But give us a battle to fight, or a cause to champion, or some unknown frontier to set out upon and we are in our element.

Being foolhardy pays sometimes. Sure we can go down like everyone else, but we usually think its all going fine until the axe falls.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Sorry to burst the astrology bubble here, but have to voice my opinion and disagreement. Remember, every time that you let yourslef 'believe' something for unworthy reasons you weaken your power of self control, doubting; instead, fairly weight the evidence. A forer effect personality can try to lead you with number and alignments, but your horoscope or horror-scope, as I like to call it, is just a way to match yourself with the description given, making your person not fixed. Just like the full moon effect, crimes, craziness, etc. is supposed to happen on a full moon, and guess what researchers often found: Nurses who believed in the lunar effect noted more unusual behavior than those who did not believe. Was there actually any "more" unusual behavior, or was the nurse reading into things a little too much? I don't know... hmmm ... something to think about. Maybe I should spend my spare time on www.stardate.org trying to align myself with the stars....

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Just to give an example of how this alignment has affected a few of the Cardinal signs that I know...

I know two Capricorns, one of which was recently joined the army and was shipped to Korea last fall. I can tell that this change was very dramatic for him, as he had to leave his pregnant wife and two kids behind, and basically went through hell when his third kid was born.

The other one recently left her husband of several years, moved in with a new guy and his family, has had several health problems, and may have breast cancer.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Excellent topic. I've not spent as much time as I probably should with astrology, but I have respect for it.

Decades ago, in college, there was one business professor that taught only one small class each semester. He was a "real world" teacher, a multi-millionaire Wall St. guru/trader, who married into banking money, etc., but thankfully, he also had a "teaching bug" he had to get out of his system. In my senior year, I finally got into his class. Much to my surprise, there came the time when ASTROLOGY of all things came up! I was young, and pretty dumb, but I recall being shocked that this man was dead serious. All students were rapt in awe as he explained how many of his most successful trading counterparts, took into account astrology.

Long story short, he made a strong case for "knowing your enemy", in other words you could say, how could you be a good trader, if you failed to take into account what your competition was seriously considering, and acting upon? Made perfect sense, and still does. When you think about people like J.P Morgan, to Ronald Reagan, it would be foolish to discount astrology too much, if for no other reason than the fact that very powerful people do give it major credence.

Great thread, I look forward to learning more.

JR MacBeth

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by MischeviousElf

i am neither a cardinal sign or an aries sign.

thank GOD!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
i am a 42yo born nov 9 1967. i have to agree with the fact some feel more than others. in just over 12 months i have had to move out of the house i rented for more than 11 years, i have almost depleted all my savings, and have this great expectation of an economic collapse, yet i am the only one in the family who feels it. i feel as though a depression is coming and only our prime minister stoped us from going into recession by giving everyone money to spend in a stimulus package that is going to come back and bite australia on the ass.

i feel a housing crash as well as stock market crash is just around the corner. yet when i tell my husband these things he thinks im an idiot. he was born in 63 (aries).

it has driven me mad thinking are these feelings psychic, intuative, astrological or just plain stupid.......am i the only one feeling this?.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by HothSnake
reply to post by Devino

Be careful what you dismiss as worthless Devino. I suggest you do a bit more research, and verify this statement for yourself, rather than dismiss it out of hand.

What I see in modern astrology is a lack of any practical usefulness. I am not against astrology, I just think we have lost the true understanding of it. My interest is in astronomy but this has changed with the study of ancient astronomers/astrologers and mythology. It has been from this that I am now beginning to understand the importance of astrology.

My point is in the difference between modern and ancient astrology and how modern astrology makes some huge errors in their measurements. Let's take a look at some of your comments for example.

Originally posted by HothSnake
I'm well aware of the descepancies that you bring up, however, as Zapari stated, though tropical astrology is off by about 35 days, the alignment still occurs this summer.

The Earth moves just under 1° of arc each day (360° in a year) so in 35 days this makes these measurements off by more than one whole constellation on the Zodiac. Each constellation is 30° of arc (12 X 30°=360°), in other words this is a HUGE error!! Think of it this way, 90 days is almost 1/4 of a year! To claim this as a discrepancy is a gross understatement in my opinion.

Yet these statements make it even more confusing.

Like I said, it doesn't really matter when the exact alignment takes place...

...whether the planets are in the right signs now, doesn't really matter from what i can tell, the alignment still takes place

First of all, It doesn't matter when these alignments occur nor what sign they are in? Isn't this the very meaning of astrology?
Second, What alignment?
I have looked and there are no alignments occurring, none at all...not even close. I suppose we could throw out terms like conjunction, opposition and close approach and consider the off axis, semi-alignment as what you mean. Have you even looked at these supposed alignments using any astronomical program?

Originally posted by LeoVirgo
Yes, the alignment still occurs...

Maybe LeoVirgo can help me here, what alignment are we talking about for August 2010?
Do they mean close approach alignments or superior conjunctions?
Or do they mean most of the planets visible in the night sky as an alignment?

ADD: After looking again I did see an opposition with Jupiter and Uranus on around the first of October with Saturn in conjunction. Venus is at close approach in the end of that same month so perhaps this is the alignment you speak of? I do find this interesting but the general vagueness of these said alignment dates by astrologers really throws me off

[edit on 5/27/2010 by Devino]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:36 AM
link   
i think you may be interested in thread a posted a few days ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com... e=1#pid8876490

Please read the article it mentions.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:19 AM
link   

1,000 years or 10,000 years?

You'd think they could agree on a range that doesn't span 9,000.

I don't buy into astrology at all. Gravity does not affect emotions any more than flying on an airplane or going to the moon on a spacecraft.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
[mor

So figure out how to use astrology against them, just how they use it against you. Try "not giving a #" on those specific dates.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:20 AM
link   
reply to post by punterdeb

Funny you should mention that, I spoke to a real estate agent today who said that she had an overwhelming number of rentals come up lately.
I asked her what she thought was the cause, she had no clue. I said it could be this scam were people are being told to invest into buying investment properties, which I feel is a BAD idea, dollar sinking, market dropping, interest rates rising........ yeah sure, it's all good!!

Trust me, your husband will eat his words soon enough, if he can remember them

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Village Idiot]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
The Bible talks of a great delusion which the people will labour under in the last days...
I wonder if this type of Doomsaying isnt precisely that.
It would seem everyone has this end times thing just bubbling below the surface of their consciousness 24/7.......
Call it imminent,apocalytic,expectational hysteria....
At the frenetic levels this expectational frenzy seems to be sweeping through the ranks of humanity, it is possible that it is some kind of self fullfilling mental condition.....
NO, hear me out a sec....
Who do you know that isnt affected by these disturbing ly fearful anticipatory anxieties about the future of the world, mankind etc.
My point is that we are programmed this way by some kind of hardwiring, or we have slowly gotten more freaked out with the advance of technology or science or what have you...
We are loosing it on a collective basis because we cannot handle the complexities before us...
Our perceptions of reality have altered so greatly in the last hundred years that we have gotten so totally out of our mental/moral/spiritual depth that we are drowning in our confusion.
Above all the prime air of humans mental state is future fear and confusional states of fearful bewilderment at the size and scope of our collective insanities,and technologically destructive behaviours and capabilities.and the huge problems these have caused...
The upshot of this situation leading to an overall collective nervous breakdown when we confront the reality both of what we now percieve to be the universe as well as what we ourselves have collectively created/contributed to the reality we percieve......??
It apears possible that we could indeed fail to have sufficient intelligence/consciousness to enable our survival amongst the complexities of the place we percieve ourselves to be.......ie this universe and or its parrallels....
Perhaps well simply go out in one giant mad hatters tea party one day....soon......
Follow me?

[edit on 27-5-2010 by stirling]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

hmm I guess I am doomed as well, I am an Aries, and my planet is Mars, so eek, this could be why I am not getting jobs and why my life seems hopeless. Damn it sucks to be the evil part of the zodiac.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:01 AM
link   
Great post F & S (if your into that sort) THANK YOU!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Devino

I could really relate with your posts Devino! Went very nice with my first cup of joe this morn.

Im in agreement with you...I see others here posting about how Uranus has been affecting them the last 7 years because they are a Pisces....and Im screaming in the middle of my mind....BUT URANUS HAS BEEN IN AQUARIUS AND HAS JUST ENTERED PISCES.

But I try to give that room and that space for those that think the positions of a couple thousand years ago (tropical zodiac) is still somehow affecting people today. Then I hear the talk about rising signs...which...I just dont know. But I try to be careful when stepping on their toes.

You touched on something I think I can bring to light a bit more...you asked 'what alignment'. My assumption is people are referring to the triple conjunction over the next 8 months of Uranus and Jupiter. But what I would like to note on is that none of these 'close conjunctions' are true 0degree conjunctions...they will be close enough though to call conjunctions.

I know some have brought up specific dates...and I have yet to really look into that. Ill go back and reread....and see what date many are looking at. I am aware of a triple conjunction that will occur in Pisces....1 was due to happen any day now...if it didnt already...another I think was in June or July (just going on memory when I was watching this the other day) and the other, the third, happens in Jan or Feb of 2011.

Now I do give credit to alignments of the cosmos....because I like the electric universe theory...how everything is connected with some sort of energy thread. Hard to explain it really. But I dont agree with the signs playing a part in it. The circle of animals was added much later after the ancients made the equally divided circle and I think the reason for the first circle being made was to keep track of time in long form....such as a 26,000 year clock.

Be back with some more, was wanting to look up some other conjunctions today anyways.

Lets say from our perspective...we have 4 planets sitting at what could seem to be 4 corners of the cosmos...with what seems to be even space between them...could this hold a energy for us? I think it could. Is that what is happening....IDK. That is more work then what I would know how to do...

LV

[edit on 27-5-2010 by LeoVirgo]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeoVirgo

Call me crazy...and I respect what you say. I truly dont believe in horoscopes...but I do think at our birth, the geometry of the planets, sun, and moon...could affect certain energies to us.

As much as I talk against astrology...I do believe in the energies of the cosmos being connected to each other.

The position you put here is exactly my thoughts on the subject. I always thought astrology was a load of rubbish, but i decided about a year ago to do some reading on it so that i wasnt coming from a palce of ignorance.

Once i looked at the full spectrum of astrology, and not just sun signs, it did appear that there was something to it. Creating a chart based on my birth time, date and place was amazingly accurate in listing my personality traits. Changing the time, for example, would throw it out completely and render it wildly inaccurate.

Horoscopes i think are rubbish, but there seems to me to be a link between the energy of the planets and humans on earth. EU theories could hold some value in explaining it.

I certainly feel that the planet is on a collision course for some massive changes in the next few years. The trend is clear, and there is nothing that can stop it at this point. IMO the only thing that can change now is the severity: will be a major change to every aspect of our lives, or something more contained?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
So reading back on the OP...the main point the poster seemed to be of focused on with a 'alignment' is that there will be a few planets at a zero degree cardinal signs.

I find much more significance with the idea of the Uranus and Jupiter conjunction and then I do the idea of the cardinal signs having planets at zero degrees and the reasons are in all the posts I have posted.

The signs are not equal amounts of space....the person is using an astrology chart to show the zero degree alignments and I have talked about how off astrology charts are for several reasons. I am not claiming what I say as fact.

Guess we will have to wait and see.

So in the Op...it states August 1st as being significant due to a alignment of planets at zero degree cardinal signs. Another poster said that this will still happen according to sidereal positions but that there would be a 35 days difference for the occurrence. What I am saying is that IF we are really gong to bank faith in the idea 'signs' having importance and meaning....should we not look at what we truly observe in the sky...the real positions of the space of each sign? If we are going to use a equally divided circle of 12 spaces...then we need to really leave out the circle of animals and their boundaries...for this is the only way to have 12 equal parts and we can then just label them as part 1, part 2, ect....this would give it all a geometric spacing and then we wouldnt have the confusion of cardinals signs and sidereal and tropical and true solar yada yada.

If in true observation, there are many planets lining up on the cusp of divisions...then mabey there is something to this. But this takes work....and studying...anyone willing?

Edit to add...this is what I come up with...and I only offer it as what I have studied and not that it holds meaning or that the OP's posts holds no significance.

Jupiter and Uranus will have 3 conjunctions..none of them being zero degree's but close enough to be considered conjunctions (zero degree conjunctions are so rare anyways)...

Around 6-6-10 they conjunct in Pisces
Around 9-20-10 they conjunct in Pisces
Around 1-4-11 they conjunct in Pisces

Uranus kinda just sits there in Pisces...while Jupiter is moving back and forth for a bit. Actually, on October 12 Jupiter will have retrograded back to the cusp of Pisces and Aquarius, by November 3rd Jupiter will have moved totally back into Aquarius. By Dec. 17. Jupiter will have moved back again to the cusp of Pisces and Aquarius.... will keep moving back into Pisces and conjunct for its 3rd time with Uranus around Jan. 4. 2011.

To my knowledge...a zero degree of a sing is a cusp...the dividing spot between two signs.

So lets look at when Jupiter is on the cusp...which is Oct. 12 and Dec. 17.

Oct. 12
Mars and Venus fully in Libra
Sun, Mercury, and Saturn fully in Virgo
Uranus fully in Pisces
Pluto fully in Sagittarius

Dec. 17
Sun in Ophiuchus
Mercury, Mars, Pluto fully in Sagittarius
Saturn fully in Virgo
Venus fully in Libra
Uranus fully in Pisces

Dec. 21, the winter solstice...is what is interesting to me..with a full lunar eclipse on the solstice in Sagittarius.

Jumping to next year just for a taste...we will have a 2 full lunar eclipses...one on June 15...and the other on Dec. 10...the Dec 10th one will be in the sign Ophiuchus. Which is also cool!

What it all means...I have no idea

I will admit though...about the squaring of planets...I am clueless. Just because I dont see the planets all being on the zero points of cardinal signs at one time..doesnt mean the geometry of their positions doesnt hold water.

Just bringing a different view...sorry for my nit picky ways!

[edit on 27-5-2010 by LeoVirgo]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Aries born in 1985? Peaks on 1st August? Goddamnit, my wedding is on 8th August this year! I hope you're way off... Was kinda hoping that would be one of the best days of my life... y'know...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join