It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would happen if the Korean War started again?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   
Oh No!!!

20 More years of psycho-liberal smart ass jokes from
Alan Alda in "M*A*S*H v2.0" the TV series...

Spare us all... No more Korean wars!!! PLEASE!!!

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I'm not sure, but I definitely wouldn't want to mess with the Koreans. All the men take mandatory military training. I know a couple Koreans here, and they have to go back to Korean in about a year for that; I think it lasts 18 months or something.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   
reply to post by moonwilson

Absolutely Bush was the cause of much of the discontent. And I don't think it is anti-Americanism in general. Those I have talked to (young people, in their 20s) do not like the soldiers there though. Unfortunately they are influenced by the crimes committed there by the soldiers. Yes, it is not common but it happens. My Japanese friend said the same thing about the soldiers in that country.

I do not claim to speak for all Koreans; I only can relate what I have been told. I am well aware that not every Korean has the same opinion about the issue.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:14 AM
link   
Well a number of things are possible. Here are some thoughts on the subject...

NK will not use nukes right off the bat, or anytime for that matter, unless Kim really loses it. It is far more conceivable that this would be a extremely quick war. The US involvement would more than likely involve only bombing specific sites in NK, and providing equipment aid and supplies to SK, likely even taking the stationed troops back if anything. SK's arsenal is a bit more up to date than NK, not to mention you know we have NK strategically mapped out in vast detail. After NK starts up and lets the shells start launching out of the artillery, you can expect fairly large death tolls in SK, but the US airstrikes are going to hit every sam/scud site out there, likely out all the nuke bunkers, and then do a little modern shake&bake on that artillery line, and let SK's airforce take care of the smaller tactical targets, and hold the line till NK is forced to admit defeat.

China would more than likely not involve itself in the matter, aside from offering aid supplies and food. The modern China is much like the modern Russia, there is far more to be gained from staying out of issues, and profiting on the whole of things rather than stand against. If China entered the fray, you might just well expect outcries to ban all trade with China, boycott Chinese products, that would devastate them far more than aiding a war.

As i've stated in other posts on the subject, the issue of Japan would be the most interesting aspect. What role will they play? You know Japan want's to take a bite out of NK after all the years of threats and issues, and they are more well equipped and trained than most are led to believe. I wouldn't doubt if they have a few spec ops teams in SK ready to go.

Aside from all of this, I don't really believe that the common people of NK want this war, if they were offered a choice. They must see the benefits of life as South Koreans have in comparison to their own. I would wager that Much of NK would like a completely new and modern NK.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:20 AM
link   
Ill tell you what i would do if I was running the war for euther side.

For kim jong Id insist to China that if they organize a 'voluntary' supply line force my troops would over run the borders. Like in vimy ridge the arrillery would be used as a sheild and the deadline to take seoul would be 48 hours. Nuclear weapons would be fired before the attack targetting japans depleted military infrastructure provoking America into the war. This howevere would be handled magnificantly by using spies within the military echelons to disrupt counter striie plans.

If I was working for Obama i would insist on using Nuclear weapons again. The UN would get over it especially after the devastation of the north korean army is shown to be a brilliant military tactic. No american or South Korean troops killed. Unfortunately civillians will have been killed but with the u.s occupying the north and working on the implementing to reunite the north people will have gotten over it. The right thing is to have one whole south korea.

Finally Japan will strengthen their relationship with china and bury the hatchet by apologizing for their war crimes against chinese people.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Naphtha

I don't think you give Japan enough credit. There isn't a chance a nuke will get near Japan. They have plenty of stuff they don't show off, I assure you, and are well trained.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

What would happen? I spent a year of my life in The Land of the Morning Calm. I can almost guarantee no one would benefit from a conflict on the peninsula. Korea is densely populated. Any major conflict would set the North back farther than the stone age it is already in and the South has too much to lose.

The South still thinks of the North as part of their country. Kind of like a wayward child. They see themselves as the parents of that child waiting for them to return home. I believe most folks involved are just waiting for the current regime to die off.

If conflict did break out, it would be ugly. I mean like WWII ugly, not like the our current operations in Iraq or Afghanistan. Let's hope cooler heads prevail and all the hype is for the 24 hour news cycle more than a reality.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Naphtha

Should South Korea not have a voice? They do not want to reunite at this time. It would heavily damage their economy to prop up the North.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
Were there to be another war in Korea

the US would profit again

wouldn't it ?

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   
NK would have to deal with M1 abrams tanks, B2 bombers, GPS guided bombs.
F22 fighters, M270 MLRS, ARTHUR Weapon Locating Radar systems, C-RAM, Goalkeeper CIWS, 1,040 K9 155mm self-propelled howitzers, TOW ATGM launchers, Mistral MANPADS. A10 Warthogs, Cruise missiles, ECT ECT ECT ECT ECT,

North Korea has little NEW weapons systems and most of them are covered by our weapons systems that will take them out in short order,
There troops will break when the are hit by everything but the kitchen sink.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join