It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would happen if the Korean War started again?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
From the looks of it. The resurgence of Korean War is avoidable. With the South's propaganda actions against the North is sure to worsen tension and make war more promising. I have a few questions on this issue. What if the North fires the first shot "again." Triggering a resurgence of the Korean War. Now the PRC is the only country who can keep the North alive along enough and maybe give them a victory. That is why the U.S want's the PRC as a ally. With out the PRC, North Korea would succumb to war and would be destroyed. The last question is what would we accomplish taking North Korea? Freeing the North Korean people of course!

[edit on 25-5-2010 by Romantic_Rebel]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Yeah you might free the North Korean people...at least the ones that are still alive after the untold massacre that would occur in a korean war for both sides. No, a war is in no ones best interest...a peaceful solution is still possible in the future.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by Solomons]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Solomons

I'm surprised at South Korea's current actions against the North. South Korea is probably the last country you'll suspect to want to fight. Even in a documentary South Korea presented its self as more pacifist. Maybe they know they can win a war with North Korea and they have both the PRC and the UN on their side.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Millions of people would die, it's all fine and dandy if your on the other side of the world watching events unfold on TV. But marching towards such a devastating war over 40 dead soldiers is the height of stupidity, and thankfully S.Korea knows this.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   
If the war kicks of again America will go in and massacre the government in a couple of weeks at most sit back, pat them selves on the back.
Then suffer heavy losses from the inevitable resistance movement that will raise in north Korea.

They've been told that Americans are evil incarnate for decades.

They'll react exactly the same as US citizens would if Iran invaded, even if Iran's reasons were honestly benevolent would the average American welcome them with open arms or by using there small arms?

It would just be another Iraq/Vietnam for the international community to further demonize the us with.

History doesn't repeat itself but it does rhyme, what happens every time America invades a country were the average man on the street doesn't like them?

As for China, they'd follow the old quote of “never interrupt an enemy when he's making a mistake.” They'd sit back and watch the US look like a fool once again.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   
I dont think N.Korea would be stupid enough to use Nukes as a first resort. Only as a Last in a means of defense incase of a all-out land-bourne assault towards their capitals.

The main fighting will be done in the waters and border of the North/South with wave after wave of attacks. The occasional carpet bombing of N.Korean Military strategic points, with N.Korea firing back using Artillery rounds (most likely missing from hurriedly rushing to get them out.)

It would be a war reminiscent of the Cold-War where propoganda is the key.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by Solomons

I'm surprised at South Korea's current actions against the North. South Korea is probably the last country you'll suspect to want to fight. Even in a documentary South Korea presented its self as more pacifist. Maybe they know they can win a war with North Korea and they have both the PRC and the UN on their side.

PRC are backing NK on this, otherwise NK wouldnt gear up and ready for war, it wouldnt threat to attack speaks if SK resume psychological warfare.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

I think this time lil kim will have his soul extracted for his ignorant ways he treats his people forbidding them from advancing just because he like power that was given to him temporarly. Its time for Kimmy to return home his pass is expiring everyday upon Earth and he senses it....

After his tinyness soul energy is extracted the people will be free from him and will be allowed to join the rest of the herd of the Earth. How unfair for them to experience the new world adjustment and they didnt even get to experience the old 1.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   
If war were to break out on the Korean penisula again, it will not be a walk in the park, or easy, it will be a blood bath, and far worse than what the US is dealing with in Iraq and Afganistan currently. The US is playing a very dangerous game at this time frame as the main ally of North Korea is China, and Iran. As the federal government is quickly finding out China is not so willing to hang either out to dry without some form of guarantee on certain issues. If we want to go after Iran, then we have to back down from North Korea, if we choose to go after North Korea, then we will have to back down from Iran. It is said that the most dangerous man is one who has nothing to lose. And North Korea, being an isolated country, that is very desperate in its own policies and nature, really has nothing to lose by going back to a shooting war with South Korea. And at the same time the North has everything to gain by such. China is going to act in its own interests and will force the US to make a decision. If it breaks out to be a shooting war, then the US will be drawn in, the only thing I an hoping is that the US will reverse its policy on limitations on the use of Nuclear weapons to make the North think twice about using such or it may be a very short war with the North Koreans taking the majority of the penisula without much resistence.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir

Not to mention the South Korean who would take up arms against the US. No matter what, the North Koreans are still Koreans.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by InvisibleAlbatross
reply to post by monkofmimir

Not to mention the South Korean who would take up arms against the US. No matter what, the North Koreans are still Koreans.

errr, are you sure? - Maybe there are a few sympathisers in the south but 99.95% of the South will stay with the south, they will be looking to the Americans, the Japanese and the rest of the world for assistance.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Now_Then

According to many of the Koreans I know, yes. Not exactly buddies with the US. They told me when Bush was in office, they were far more scared of him than Kim.

edit to add: I seriously doubt South Koreans would want too many Japanese on their soil. Not a great history between them, and many Koreans see Japan the same way much of the world sees America.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by InvisibleAlbatross]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
South Koreans taking up resistance against the US?
You've got to be kidding me. The South Koreans are about as pro-western as you can get. My wife is Korean, I have 10 South Korean stamps on my passport. I can assure you, no South Koreans are going to fight against the US. The South Koreans want to be like the US- and they're doing a pretty good job of it. It's a wonderful country- very friendly, clean and modern.

The South Koreans do NOT want war with the North. They feel sorry for the North Korean people. The North Korean government keeps its people starving and ignorant, they have no idea what the outside world is like. The South Koreans enjoy a pretty high standard of living, especially compared to the North. If they go to war, they stand a good chance of losing that. Especially since Seoul, the capital, is within artillery range of the North.

I love Seoul- it's one of my very favorite cities. It's beautiful, and a lot of fun. It reminds me a lot of New York, except cleaner, and incredibly dense, with several thousand years of history behind it. Imagine what would happen to this country if New York were shelled into oblivion- and hundreds of thousands or even millions killed outright. That's what South Korea is looking at if they go to war. Their people killed, their beautiful country devastated, their economy destroyed.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
If we go in with the intent to win... we will win. If we go in with limited warfare with limited goals, and I'm afraid Senor' Obama will do this, then it will be another PR opportunity for the Communist... and make no mistake about this...,they = N.Korea and China, are Communist.

The last time we fought N.Korea, they almost won and pushed us into the ocean, but for the Pusan Perrimeter and McArther, they would have. Time is of the essence, N.Korea must win a fast war... they can't sustain a longterm ground/air offensive. They must win before we can mobilize our reserves( that we have left) and counter attack.

We must win decisively, but then that brings in the China factor...will China stand by as we kick but...NO. So we will probably push N.Korea back to the 38th parallel and tell them to be good or next time....

In the meantime, Seoul is destroyed..either by artillery and missles or house to house fighting...on a scale not seen since Hue in Viet Nam or Stalingrad in WWII.

What's really scary, will the US make a deal with China? Taiwan in exchange for China sitting this one out? With the US in 2 and now maybe 3 wars, will Iran or Syria strike? Will Russia gobble up Georgia? Chavez makes a move on Paraguay?

Stay tuned for the further adventures of Senor' Wimpe' Obama, as he takes on the forces of evil and blundgeons them to death with letters and diplomacy.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
The war seems to grow stronger daily. I wish there was a peaceful solution to end the war.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
i would warch it on TV
second line

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by moonwilson

They are favor of the West yes, but many South Koreans do not like America. Do you not remember the protests against American bases? America propped up a series of military dictators in the South. Not exactly the actions of a friend.

Between North Korea and the West, certainly the West is better. But I do believe the people who told me that some, certainly not all, South Koreans would defend the peninsula itself from American expansion.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

Those protests against American bases were very small, and short-lived. And were mostly in response to the military's bungled handling of a few incidents of misbehaving soldiers, IIRC. Not against America in general. During all my time in Korea, I have never encountered one iota of anti-American sentiment. Granted, I have noticed a big drop in enthusiasm over the years- when I went there 10 years ago, groups of kids would come up to me to take my picture holding a Coke bottle and such, and I was interviewed on the news a couple times just for walking around downtown. (I'm tall, with blond hair and blue eyes- you don't see that a lot in Korea) That doesn't happen anymore- Bush did a lot to hurt our image overseas. But anywhere you go in the country- even in the countryside, you hear American hip-hop being blared out of speakers on the sidewalk etc. American logos are everywhere.

If war were to pop off (heaven forbid), the South Koreans will be very happy indeed for every American that's over there. We are their strongest supporters, and strongest military allies. If war comes, friendly Abrams tanks and Apache helicopters are going to look really good to the South Koreans. Not to mention Nimitz-class aircraft carriers bristling with F-16s.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
It would certainly take peoples minds off of other things, like I dunno.....maybe....oil spills

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join