It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pentagon 'to boost covert missions in Middle East'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Pentagon 'to boost covert missions in Middle East'

news.bbc.co.uk

The Pentagon has ordered an expansion of covert missions by US special operation forces in the Middle East and Central Asia.

The New York Times newspaper said it has seen the copy of a seven-page order by the head of US Central Command, General David Petraeus.

The paper says the document appears to authorise specific operations in Iran.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
There have been rumours of Black ops within Iran for some time now, but this seems to prove it for real. And whilst the threat from a potentially Nuclear Iran should not be ignored it will be interesting to see if these operations will extend to Pakistan, where the real threat of terrorism is coming from at this moment in time. or whether the fact that they are already a Nuclear state will frighten off the people ordering these missions?

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   
It actually made me wonder if they are preparing to grab those 3 american hikers. I wouldn't put it past the CIA, especially after Iran requested an exchange of prisoners (which wont happen). I don't see the US attempting the grab unless Ol' Kim in NK takes his rattling saber from his scabbard. That would give them the misdirection for the attempt.

Druidae

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Druidae

Whilst it could be a mission to find and grab the hikers, this report seems to talk about missions, which points to more than one. So are they scouting out possible nuclear sites as well in advance for a strike by Israel?

new topics

top topics

join