It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Angry little old men

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
I've been lurking for a few days and I was originally planning to continue to do so, like I would guess a lot of people do.

but I met this old guy today at a guess I'd say in his mid to late sixties and campaigning about police corruption.

He's been at it for 5 years, on a single issue and he just hasn't let up.
I mean the cops have thrown everything at him he's even been sent to jail a couple of times.
Now whether this guy was right or wrong he clearly had guts and wasn't taking no for an answer.

My grandfathers the same way, he's never happier than when showing up some government agency or suing a big company (and usually winning
)

and then I look at myself and my generation, were pushovers, we give up immediately

"we'll there's no point in complaining"
"it's not like one person can make a difference"

I hear this or things like it all the time and I'm sick of it.
I want to learn to have the courage to stand up to authority and the brains, cunning and shear hard headedness to get what's right.

I'm a push over and so is just about everyone else.
I may think different from other people but that just makes me thinking sheeple instead of the complete sheeple the average person is.

I'm sick of being sheeple.
I'm too smart to be sheeple.
I want to be a Person!
Especially in a world were authority rather likes roast lamb for dinner.
I want to be strong enough to at least give authority indigestion.

I hear lies every day and I accept it!

I see injustice every day and I ignore it!

All I do is sit here and think, someone will be along any minute now to sort it out and everything will be fine.
there's bound to be someone more qualified to sort this out than me, I'm sure they'll fix this mess. And for thinking this I'm a fool, a human fool granted but still a fool!

in the end whatever conspiracy theories are right and which ever theories are wrong I'm never going to be able to do any good for this world till I harness the peculiar power of little old men and learn to stand up for my self and others.

So these are my beliefs and while I honestly struggle to achieve them, I do try and that is why I am here on this site.
I am angry, at the programming of society and my own lack of ability to overcome it.

I hope by interacting with those on this site that DARE to think differently (a seemingly mortal sin in our society) from what society says we must I will find the strength to improve my self, and prehaps better understand the world and my fellow man and sheeple a little better in the process.

By the way that rand was a long time coming and it felt gooooooooooooood

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir

Hi monkofmimir, and welcome to the ATS community. For now, you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only.
Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

NEW! ATS Video Tutorials

Terms & Conditions Lite!

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
welcome aboard see you in the post

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Loken68
welcome aboard see you in the post

you make it sound like a war zone

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Welcome monkofmimir !

"A eclectic ,polymath like attempt at self development"

Is that you ? ...............

=======================================

I think you will like it here .

======================================

Save this topic until after you have your 20 posts completed , otherwise this thread will get shut down .

20 Posts will breeze by ........
--------------------------------------------------------------------

See you around !

Umbra ~ Sumus

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by UmbraSumus

"A eclectic ,polymath like attempt at self development"

Is that you ? ...............

that is me exactly

or at least what I try to be

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir
[Quote] you make it sound like a war zone [\quote]

Welcome to the suck, soldier.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
We need more like you. Welcome.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
I have also seen angry old men yell at me for their cranberry juice being too watery. They are just that..grumpy.

Do you think there is a difference between being a pushover and being satisfied with the way things are?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by nixie_nox

There's a huge difference, but how many people can honestly say they are happy with how things are without some level of self deception.

You right a lot of them are grumpy, and for that matter a lot of them are rude but that doesn't detract any less from the fact that when they feel wronged, they don't just sit there and hope the situation will resolve itself.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
Welcome!

I used to be very angry too.....

Until I found Falun Gong. Now I am happy, healthy and never tired working on myself every day.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
Welcome to ATS. Glad to see you joined in. It took me about 4 years to actually join from the first time I visited. Glad it didn't take you as long.

Hope to see you around soon.

new topics

top topics

join