It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Thinking of changing my first and middle names legally.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

Wouldn't you rather get jobs based on ability versus name?

In this economy, most people just want to be hired, period....

YOU said it or at least not have the damn thing I spent hours working on tossed in the recycle bin cos it's a female name they see at the top!!!!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   
May not want to be too "pagan" sounding in the name choice though, as that could have the same effect you know....

You don't want them seeing the name and thinking....
"Must be some kind of weirdo...."

Good luck. Do what you gotta do, is what I say....in this economy.
I'm not in my dream job, but hey, at least I'm working, and I wasn't a few months back...took me 4 months to find a job at the same pay level I was at....not where I'd want to be.

Before the economy went to crap, the most I was out, was around two weeks.
Had two layoffs since then, and at first it was two months, worked for about a year, then it was four months. Sucked....

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I was going to change my name to 'Peter File' until I heard someone say it out loud :shk:

So make sure you test your new name out beforehand!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I'm thinking of Adrian, which means dark and Sage as the middle name which I'd probably leave out anyway, so Dark and wise is what it roughly translates but thinking on the initials thing Maybe I could go with A.J. short for Adrian Jadean and last name will be the same. I got this idea because there is a young female singer named A.J. so it's also feminine. The name would translate to dark green precious stone, sort of suits me, at the very least green is used for money attracting and that's exactly what I wanna do attract success and as much, much, much money as I can get my little hands on!!!! I was thinking a little on changing the last name maybe to Drake, which is dragon translated so I would be dark green precious stone dragon, however I feel this may leave a sore spot on the court when I go to the court to file for my inheritance by contesting my dad's will when he dies, they may think that by changing my last name that it would be like a slap in the face me trying to get some of my father's money. IDK. do like A.J. though I always have liked it.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by ldyserenity]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
May not want to be too "pagan" sounding in the name choice though, as that could have the same effect you know....

You don't want them seeing the name and thinking....
"Must be some kind of weirdo...."

Good luck. Do what you gotta do, is what I say....in this economy.
I'm not in my dream job, but hey, at least I'm working, and I wasn't a few months back...took me 4 months to find a job at the same pay level I was at....not where I'd want to be.

Before the economy went to crap, the most I was out, was around two weeks.
Had two layoffs since then, and at first it was two months, worked for about a year, then it was four months. Sucked....

And just think it's about 50% more difficult for a female to get a job on a GOOD economy. Especially one in their upper 30's!!!!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
change it to:

Max FistFight!

no wait dont. thats gonna be my new name

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join