It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Major Change Down Below: Explosions And Sea Floor Collapse At Blowout? (BP may be up to a cover-up)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by skunknuts
Please close. Already being discussed:

abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Best,
SN

Your second and third links have already been closed. No ongoing discussion there. Your first link is similar but appears to be a different source (i.e. blogger) as was already discussed earlier. Plus, this thread is updated and contains more information and commentary as well as photos.

Mods: Please do not close!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:22 PM
link   
Just amazing. They are now planning to pump a heavy mud/concrete slurry into this mess in an effort to plug it.

It would seem to me that this like trying to put the cork back into a well shaken champagne bottle.

This is very disturbing news and it would certainly explain the recent images that have surfaced lately of the gulf.

good find!

s&f

Bloggers are now proving to be the investigative journalists of old. No editors to shut them down or change their story.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Bloggers are now proving to be the investigative journalists of old. No editors to shut them down or change their story.

Sadly, this is because nobody pays the bloggers for all of their hard work, so nobody is pulling their purse strings. All the while people on the MSM outlets are getting rich, and half-azz researchers are pocketing huge goverment grants to give us outdated or hoaxed research!

Sad state of affairs in todays media and mainstream science outlets. I have seen well-published scientists contradict their own papers in their classrooms. They know what gets published, they know what sells, they know what gets grant money, but somewhere deep down, they want to tell the truth to their students and hope somebody runs with it!

Sad sad sad.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
You know, it does appear to be looping itself. As someone in here said, that hole should clearly be bigger by now. With those massive eruptions, I can't understand why at least some of the rock around the hole didn't erode?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

Originally posted by skunknuts
Please close. Already being discussed:

abovetopsecret.com...

Best,
SN

Your second and third links have already been closed. No ongoing discussion there. Your first link is similar but appears to be a different source (i.e. blogger) as was already discussed earlier. Plus, this thread is updated and contains more information and commentary as well as photos.

Mods: Please do not close!

This thread's only source is the exact same blog. Other than extensive copying and pasting from said blog, it is identical to the ongoing thread. Yes, the other threads were closed, for the same reason this should be. This thread serves no added purpose. As they say, 'search is your friend....'

Best,
SN

P.S. The sea-floor is not collapsing

[edit on 5/25/2010 by skunknuts]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Does anyone know how deep the actual depth the oil comes from and how deep to the bottom of that oil chamber ?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho
Just amazing. They are now planning to pump a heavy mud/concrete slurry into this mess in an effort to plug it.

It would seem to me that this like trying to put the cork back into a well shaken champagne bottle.

This is very disturbing news and it would certainly explain the recent images that have surfaced lately of the gulf.

good find!

s&f

yeah.... they are out of means, that what they are trying to do seems like trying to fix leaking coolant hose on the car engine with bubblegum...while the engine runs hot....

this looks bad

[edit on 25-5-2010 by zoomer72]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

I believe its 5000 feet to the ocean floor and I think they drilled another 3600 feet to the oil.. I think.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
So, if a significant volume of this underground reservoir is methane gas, which it seems that it is, and it collapses, will that result in a lowering of sea level as water floods in to take the place of all the escaped gas? I don't think that the displacement of the oil will matter, because it's still in the ocean, but the gas is going straight into the atmosphere. Maps may have to be re-drawn.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Look at the cam from CNN

www.cnn.com...

look at the cam from BP

www.bp.com...

Same cam on both two different videos. wow! Same times and cam numbers as well.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:56 PM
link   
Is it possible that BP is implementing some sort of "controlled explosion" to try and close the leak (with obviously bad results)?

-E-

link   
In other news; Lindsey Lohan got drunk and fell at the Cannes Film Festival.

link   
If they send a nuke down there, they might ruin all the ancient artifacts to be found.

I think there will be pressure to wait it out then to try to immediately stop the flow now. The seismic activity seemed predicted ( before, after ).

link   
reply to post by brianman

well, they look the same, they are the same

wahts the deal man?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

I don't know if it will count for anything, but I, too, request that Anon's post stay up. It has embeds that mine does not (nor am I capable of at this point) & it definitely enhances the information.
Everything possible needs to be out there.

Great post, Anon!! Thank you!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Hello there. Please refer to the previous discussion on this topic:

abovetopsecret.com...

Thank you. Thread closed.

ETA: Sorry, Guys. We can't close threads based on what we believe is 'better.' If we handled it that way, it could often come down to subjectivity. Instead, we go the objective route of the older thread staying open.

Just imagine closing a thread a staff member deemed 'not as good' and seeing the outrage from the original poster.

The earlier thread in this case was started the day prior. Sorry, folks.

[edit on 5/25/2010 by AshleyD]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join