It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Road Rage: Hackers Say 'No Latinos' on Highway Sign

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Shadow Herder

Because the US was built by Latinos? I am pretty sure it was a bunch of old white guys behind the revolution. It was the Chinese that helped build the wild west, and it was the Irish and others who came to Ellis island.

Besides, the term is work smarter, not harder. Just because people refuse to live substandard and believe in due compensation for a living wage and to be taken care of by a company if they should get hurt on the job, doesn't make them lazy. Are you advocating we should go back to substandard times when there are not any worker's rights?

YOu want 9 year olds to skip school and work on farms and factories again?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aggie Man
Funny Cartoon though!

Nice to see you are no longer easily offended when someone pokes fun of the POTUS.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro

Funny Cartoon though!

Nice to see you are no longer easily offended when someone pokes fun of the POTUS.

Yeah, he has become a joke. I think anyone in his position would be though.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:23 PM
link   
People on the pro-illegal alien side of this issue keep getting Reality confused with race. Come to Arizona and watch all the white people from Canada and Ireland and Sweden that are coming across the MEXICAN border.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/67a51f3ccd92.gif[/atsimg]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
I am not Latino. I was born and raised in Sparta, Greece.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Portugoal

Seems like different things are happening all over America to fuel the immigration debate.

But how's this for a conspiracy theory: Maybe the hackers wrote that to say that if America gets rid of its Latinos, then it will lose tacos (which I'm sure America will not want to lose). So maybe the message of these hackers was misinterpreted...
And now they must be pissed that people are interepreting their message as anti-immigration when really it was pro-immigration.

I'm sure there will be plenty of copy-cats now.

www.nbcmiami.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

I can make tacos, anybody with a good culinary background can, but it was funny that you could interpret the sign that way.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

I just found it to be an ironic twist.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

Originally posted by Alien Mind

Without latinos the U.S would crumble. All you would have is a bunch of lazy white guys who forgot their true origin wondering why the city's infrastructure is falling apart, doctors are not on call and companies going bankrupt not being able to find GOOD workers.

I think you need to speak for yourself when talking about lazy white people.

I am not lazy, I am not white, I came to this country in 75 and have amassed a a good fortune.

My family members own companies that build great homes in America and have been doing so for the last 100 years. So, your welcome

The racism is thinking that white people are Americans and other races arent.

I sense alot of racism from people here against latinos. Is it because your girlfriend would rather have a tall dark latin lover, or your boss would like to have a hard working family man who happens to be latino over a person who is lazy, collecting welfare and hates everyone including his life?

[edit on 25-5-2010 by Shadow Herder]

Calling us racist?Your the one spreading hate speech, saying things like "your girlfriend would rather have a tall dark latin lover, or your boss would like to have a hard working family man who happens to be latino over a person who is lazy,collecting welfare and hate everyone including his life?" Now i think thats very racist, and not only that but my family also owns a business, and the last latino we hired was a drug addict, and also the tallest people in the world are dutch, with the average of 6 ft for men, and their white.Not only that but what about the illegal who was deported 9 times and has a horrible legal background and recently raped a woman? It just comes to show, ANY race can have bad characters, not just white, black, or asian, or anything you consider a race.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
reply to post by Portugoal

From the article:

"Greatest thing I ever saw...let's take this country back dammit!!!..south will rise again [snip]!!" said David Pines.

Yeah...the immigration debate has nothing to do with race...right everyone????

But I actually agree with you...I think the message was intended to say "IF No Latinos THEN No Tacos". Silly hackers...need better grammar.

Mod edit- Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by elevatedone]

why do you keep posting comments from those sites? you think that will garner sympathy?

[edit on 26-5-2010 by tauempire]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   

I am not Latino. I was born and raised in Sparta, Greece.

Damn, Leonidas, is that you?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Without latinos the U.S would crumble. All you would have is a bunch of lazy white guys who forgot their true origin wondering why the city's infrastructure is falling apart, doctors are not on call and companies going bankrupt not being able to find GOOD workers.

Thats not true at all. There are MANY people in this country that would be grateful to work any job. You think so many people are out of work because they are lazy?

Even getting a simple janitorial job can be difficult in some parts of the country.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Target Earth
reply to post by Shadow Herder

you seem to think only Mexicans know how to Work Hard, and that White People are to lazy to make their own Taco's... Common there is like 6 ingredients... Anyone can make a Taco... America does not depend on Mexican Labor... We depend on China

And you seem to forget that Latinos means anyone from Latin countries, lately referring to Latin American countries, not only Mexico. And other Latino countries don't make tacos...
So hackers were obviously stupid in that sense.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by PatesHatriots
I actually would be sad if there was no more tacos. Illegals I couldn't care one way or the other about. But we can't lose the tacos.

I got the recipe

god forbid we make our own....or better yet....eat healthy.

Yup, because it's impossible that a taco could ever be healthy right?

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join