It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Road Rage: Hackers Say 'No Latinos' on Highway Sign

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Road Rage: Hackers Say 'No Latinos' on Highway Sign

www.nbcmiami.com

Electronic road sign hackers generally like to warn motorists of zombie and raptor attacks, but in South Florida, the signs are apparently being used to fuel the immigration debate.

A highway sign flashing "NO LATINOS NO TACOS" greeted drivers on the Palmetto Expressway in Northwest Miami-Dade, after hackers managed to alter it early Tuesday morning.

The sign was in the northbound side of the 826, right near the Northwest 25th street exit.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Seems like different things are happening all over America to fuel the immigration debate.

But how's this for a conspiracy theory: Maybe the hackers wrote that to say that if America gets rid of its Latinos, then it will lose tacos (which I'm sure America will not want to lose). So maybe the message of these hackers was misinterpreted...
And now they must be pissed that people are interepreting their message as anti-immigration when really it was pro-immigration.

I'm sure there will be plenty of copy-cats now.

www.nbcmiami.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
Silly hackers...they ruin a great opportunity with an obvious hacker message. Now if they had done something like "mass round-ups and deportation starts today"....that would have put the scare into them.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Portugoal

I'm pretty sure that was a pro message.

If this is going to be decided by food, we need to import more Turks for Doner Kababs and Lamahcuns.

Anyone stationed in Germany before will know exactly what I'm talking about.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:38 AM
link   
A hundred bucks it was a Liberal Hacker, trying to drum up sympathy for the illegals plight . Almost every time something like this happens it's some Liberal nut job,

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   

From the article:

"Greatest thing I ever saw...let's take this country back dammit!!!..south will rise again [snip]!!" said David Pines.

Yeah...the immigration debate has nothing to do with race...right everyone????

But I actually agree with you...I think the message was intended to say "IF No Latinos THEN No Tacos". Silly hackers...need better grammar.

Mod edit- Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by elevatedone]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Without latinos the U.S would crumble. All you would have is a bunch of lazy white guys who forgot their true origin wondering why the city's infrastructure is falling apart, doctors are not on call and companies going bankrupt not being able to find GOOD workers.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:47 AM
link   

I find this humorous, but the underlying issue of the immigration debate is a pretty hot button topic. I'm of the opinion that federal and state agencies need more cooperation, and better communication.

PS - If you guys lose all your tacos the price of taco import here in Canada will skyrocket.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
reply to post by dontblink

I'll stick to my Old El Paso processed tacos.

Aggie Man:
Silly hackers...they ruin a great opportunity with an obvious hacker message. Now if they had done something like "mass round-ups and deportation starts today"....that would have put the scare into them.

Let's not give them any ideas. I have a feeling that's when the illegals take arms and rebel, whether or not its a joke.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow Herder
Without latinos the U.S would crumble. All you would have is a bunch of lazy white guys who forgot their true origin wondering why the city's infrastructure is falling apart, doctors are not on call and companies going bankrupt not being able to find GOOD workers.

I think you need to speak for yourself when talking about lazy white people.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alien Mind

Originally posted by Shadow Herder

I think you need to speak for yourself when talking about lazy white people.

I am not lazy, I am not white, I came to this country in 75 and have amassed a a good fortune.

My family members own companies that build great homes in America and have been doing so for the last 100 years. So, your welcome

The racism is thinking that white people are Americans and other races arent.

I sense alot of racism from people here against latinos. Is it because your girlfriend would rather have a tall dark latin lover, or your boss would like to have a hard working family man who happens to be latino over a person who is lazy, collecting welfare and hates everyone including his life?

[edit on 25-5-2010 by Shadow Herder]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Or it was done by those who are against the Arizon Immigration Bill in order to fuel the racial aspect and divert attention away from the true legal issue.

Stranger things have happened.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
I have to agree with the poster above who wrote the message should have been "Mass Deportations Start Today". The scene alone from that would have been priceless.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by warequalsmurder

Well its reported as an anti-immigration piece of news...but I just found it ironic that it could just be misinterpreted and they chose to make it an anti-immigration issue because it would make for more attention.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

Yeah...the immigration debate has nothing to do with race...right everyone????

It only turns to race when ignorant people from BOTH sides of the issue bring it up.

People here illegally BROKE the law. When people try and enforce the law, it's not racist, no matter how ignorant some people on the anti-illegal side are.

link   
You know I never thought of it before but thanks to this article I now face a possible grim reality. I actually would be sad if there was no more tacos. Illegals I couldn't care one way or the other about. But we can't lose the tacos.

link   
I saw that in the news this morning. Pretty dumb.

All the whites in miami aren't thinking. Who's gonna make them cafe con leche and tostadas at the local cafeteria in the morning?

Anyways South Floridas immigration issue is different.

we are isolated by alot of water.

i'm seeing a few politicians trying to get on the illegal enforcement laws band wagon. but i think that tactic won't work so well in florida.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by PatesHatriots
I actually would be sad if there was no more tacos. Illegals I couldn't care one way or the other about. But we can't lose the tacos.

I got the recipe

god forbid we make our own....or better yet....eat healthy.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:12 AM
link   
What ignorance.

Saying that if illegals were to leave you wouldnt know where to get your tacos is rude but it shows that the average 'white' wanna-be america would or could not even make a taco which is quite basic.

This is like me saying, without illegals, who then would make sweet love to your wives while you are at work? Eh homes?

[edit on 25-5-2010 by Shadow Herder]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join