It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miami Company Creates "Gringo Masks" for Illegals

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by haika

It's not a race issue if they shoot what you call "brown"people. It's just a matter of percentage. Most of Mexico's population is "brown". Odds are that more darker persons will be killed.

Now, use the exact same logic pertaining to enforcement of our immigration laws.....A light bulb SHOULD be going off, but maybe not....

Gringo doesn't refer to white people. It refers to Americans in general. A Chinese-American can be called a gringo, for example.

If this is true, explain this. From the company's own website:

We understand from your responses that some people might equate the word "Gringo" with an ethnic slur. We do not. It is simply a slang term used to describe Caucasians

So clearly, they thought it referred to white people. Take a look at these "gringo dolls" Blockbuster video in Mexico gave away last year:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

They're ALL white. So, please explain why all the gringo masks are white, the company thought the word referred to whites and apparently so did Blockbuster video.

EDIT: One other thing, can you think of any other race related slurs that you can say to other ethnicities of people? I never hear this type of rationalization for racial slurs, unless its about racial slurs directed at whites.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by Rowsdowerr]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Rowsdowerr

Ok, maybe I didn't explain myself completely.
"Gringo" in Mexico, is not derogatory anymore.
That said, I'm finding out that it is used as a derogatory term in the USA.

My bad?

In fact it is quite common for people in Mexico, who are traveling to the US, to say they are going to "Gringoland".

[edit on 5/27/2010 by haika]

new topics

<< 1  2   >>

join