It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miami Company Creates "Gringo Masks" for Illegals

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   

Miami Company Creates "Gringo Masks" for Illegals

www.nbcmiami.com

If you are looking for a way to beat Arizona's new immigration law, look no further than Miami's new Gringo Masks.

The new product, brainchild of Miami advertising agency Zubi Advertising, guarantees the cops won't be stopping you or your loved ones after you put your best white face forward.

The product is simple. Choose from a cut out of a blue-eyed, sandy hair-colored white guy or a green-eyed, blond haired white woman.

Cut the face to fit yours. Poke out the eyes. And presto! You don't look like a "suspicious, potentially illegal" alien. Rubber band or green card not include
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:24 AM
link   
You have to hand it to the free market. When a need is created, someone will be out there to fill it. Although this looks fairly ineffective as an actual disguise and largely a gimmick, I wouldn't be surpried if someone eventually provides a convincing method of disguise for illegal aliens. Apparently this is a not-for-profit venture, so they claim, but a form protest.

As I said, at this point a rebellious gimmick, but maybe tomorrow, a convincing disguise? Time will tell.

www.nbcmiami.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   
i can more or less guarantee that if you commit a crime, you will be stopped regardless of whatever mask you have on.

be it gringo or goblin.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
I wonder if they will use these Gringo masks in Mexico to avoid getting shot at. Seems like those guys with guns are shooting the brown people south of the border left and right, those racist drug lords.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

You have to hand it to the free market. When a need is created, someone will be out there to fill it. Although this looks fairly ineffective as an actual disguise and largely a gimmick,

Yes, of course this would be an ineffective disguise but if is a bit funny.

According to the article it is entirely a gimmick with a message and not for profit.
The Ad Agency, "one of the nation's leading Hispanic advertising agency's", is just attempting to reveal the racial profiling flaws in the Arizona law.

I wouldn't be surpried if someone eventually provides a convincing method of disguise for illegal aliens.

Current methods include stealing the identity of legal citizens and running it into the ground.

I'd rather they change that too.

- Lee

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Cute. They are completely ignoring the fact actual, legal Mexicans hate the illegals, too. Not to mention any and every other nationality that busted their rear to get here correctly.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
And they wonder why we want them deported after a stay in CAMP FEMA. If you are here legally, you are fine. If you are here illegally, you should be sent to prison work camps, then fined heavily, then kicked out. If caught a second time, 10 years forced labour.

A third time, life, no parole.

I bet that would end alot of this nonsense.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by wylekat

That is true, every legal Mexican I know wants them gone. I don't care if the legals stay, some of my best friends are legal Hispanics.

I just hate that illegals get privileges they have no business having. There is no incentive for them to obtain citizenship when they get all the perks for free.

Gringo Masks

[edit on 25-5-2010 by DaMod]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goethe
And they wonder why we want them deported after a stay in CAMP FEMA. If you are here legally, you are fine. If you are here illegally, you should be sent to prison work camps, then fined heavily, then kicked out. If caught a second time, 10 years forced labour.

A third time, life, no parole.

I bet that would end alot of this nonsense.

I agree with getting them out of the country until such a time as they are willing to apply for a visa and pay taxes like everyone else (becuase this is all the issue is about, lost tax revenue). However, I don't think sending them to prison to be fed and provided for on American dollars is the right way to go its virtually the same as letting them star as they are now, except it sends a slightly different message.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
You know why I like articles about immigration...it never fails that some ignorant person will leave a comment.

And I just have to point it out because we hear all the time here that the immigration debate has NOTHING to do with race....well then please explain this comment from the article.

Gringos don't stand in front of Home Depot all day. Or eat burritos all day. Or steal other people's property all day.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by OutKast Searcher]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Very clever! It reminds me of last Halloween ...

California Rights Group Wants Target® to Pull 'Illegal Alien' Halloween Costume

I found this extremely amusing and as non-offensive and non-toxic as the [color=000BFF]Obama Chia Pet

Is this humorous or offensive as Californians claim?

(The realistic looking Green Card really completes the ensemble!)

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
Jeesh, am I the only one who finds the term 'gringo' offensive?

I'm glad it's ok for anyone to use that term, but wanting to defend our borders is considered "Naziism" or racist. LOL, too many cowards in this country suffering from white guilt.

The last person to call me gringo hobbled away not remembering who he was or how he got there, he couldn't even tell the police what happened as they hauled him off.

The same thing will happen to the next person, as well. (in person, of course).

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Capitalism at it's finest ladies and gentlemen.

Where ever there's a need to be filled someone will find a way to fill it.

Now if they can make some of those masks so you can get more dates with women.

Billion dollar idea. lol

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Tharsis

While I agree that the term gringo is perjorative and derogatory I'm alarmed that you would be provoked to violence by its use in conversation. Overkill much?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tharsis
The last person to call me gringo hobbled away not remembering who he was or how he got there, he couldn't even tell the police what happened as they hauled him off.

The same thing will happen to the next person, as well. (in person, of course).

I hate that word too, but....

Physical violence over a word?

Booo!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Thanks for the link TD, I got a kick out of it!

Seriously though, can't the Federal Government just do it's job and take care of this problem? All it would take is a platoon of Marines at the border with .50 cal Machine Guns to deter the most crafty of illegals.

I think the real issue here (not racism) is the fact that they are not going through the proper channels to come here. People scream racism and human rights violations, but in reality, they are breaking the law by just coming here without going through the proper channels. It's not just limited to the Mexicans, but it seems as if they are the biggest group violating the law. People can scream racism all day long, but in the end it is the fact that people are breaking the law. Plain and simple.

I'm sure that not many of us are full-blooded Native American, so therefore our families must have immigrated here at some point. But I'm sure most of our ancestors came into this country legally, paid their taxes, worked, and learned the language. The beauty of this country is the fact that we have so many different backgrounds and so many different cultures to learn about. I would not have a problem with immigrants from Mexico as long as they came here legally, got a job, paid taxes, and attempted to learn the language. That seems to me to be pretty simple.

But this debate will continue on as long as people keep screaming racism. Nice to know that people are still concerned about the melanin levels in someone else's skin.

Peace be with you.

-truthseeker

[edit on 25-5-2010 by truthseeker1984]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by truthseeker1984
Seriously though, can't the Federal Government just do it's job and take care of this problem?

Sure they can. But there are business and political entities that want the borders open, therefore they remain open.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by DrMattMaddix

Reminds me of my old avi.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   
That mask is so stupid, it's funny.

I don't know what's so hard for some people to understand, the law does not allow for the police to question someone's citizenship simply because of their physical appearance.

So the message they're trying to send is what, that they can use a derogatory term to refer to white people ? If a white company had done the same but used a derogatory term for hispanics, they would have already been hit with several lawsuits.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Wow they aren't trying to be racist with their Gringo masks are they.

Way to go and project that image of illegal aliens. Gringo masks....I thought that sort of thing went out way back when white actors use to paint their faces black and do vaudeville shows. No difference in my opinion...it just will further irritate an already touchy situation.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join