It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP Gulf catastrophe typifies corporate behavior in America

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   

BP Gulf catastrophe typifies corporate behavior in America

www.naturalnews.com

The Gulf of Mexico oil catastrophe, now in its 35th day, has struck land, coating tourist beaches, marshes and shorelines with a greasy black filth that metaphorically represents the corporate greed that now dominates the U.S. economy. We are all awash in the dark slime of corporations gone bad, and now we're paying the price for allowing these companies to dominate our media, our government and our entire economy.

You might think government regulators could have prevented all this, but that's hardly the case. This disaster isn't merely about a government regulation failure; it's about
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
This is an opinion piece that looks like it could have come from some of the members here on ATS. Could this author be a member, is he lurking around here?

It's a pretty good read so I thought I would share with the members

I think everyone is frustrated with what's happening in the world today, and this piece kinda puts together a few pieces of a corporate puzzle..

Is he right in all of his assessments? I am no expert, but I do feel his frustration.

www.naturalnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:57 AM
link   
TY, From the above article,

Reporters threatened with arrest by U.S. Coast Guard under orders from BP
British Petroleum has been steamrolling both the federal government and the press over this oil catastrophe in the Gulf. For starters, the U.S. Coast Guard is now threatening to arrest journalists who try to cover the story by invoking "BP rules" that forbid journalists from conducting investigative journalism. (www.cbsnews.com...)

As reported by CBS News: "When CBS News tried to reach the beach, covered in oil, a boat of BP contractors with two Coast Guard officers on board told us to turn around under threat of arrest."

Your kidding me?

Here is what Jindal said.

stop the oil spill or get out of his way

abcnews.go.com...

Honestly, it is starting to stress me out.

new topics

join