It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global stock markets see sharp falls

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Global stock markets see sharp falls

news.bbc.co.uk

Global stock markets have fallen heavily on Tuesday over continued fears about eurozone debt problems.

At midday in Europe the FTSE 100 in London was down by 2.52%, Germany's Dax index was 2.46% lower, while in France the Cac 40 index had dropped 3.17%.

It came after shares in Asia had seen sharp falls. Stocks in South Korea and Japan had been affected as North Korea reportedly went on to military alert.

Japanese stocks fell by 3.1%, and shares in South Korea fell by 2.7%.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Well it seems that we are seeing a weekly dip in the global markets in these uncertain times. It just makes you wonder if one of these dips will be the much feared implosion of the world economy bringing with it much doom.

Watching Sky News the reporter reiterates that every piece of bad news causes another downward jolt on the stocks.

What's your thoughts on the whether or not international economic system is destined to fail as many "experts" have predicted or if it will prosper and flourish as many "sceptical experts" have predicted. I apologize in advanced if this has already been posted.

news.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
This is the endgame. Sudden realization that the entire world is bankrupt and there's not enough money in existence to repay all the debt. It's not possible to use borrowed money to bail out a country like Greece, or Spain, or Portugal, or Ireland, etc, etc. Every nation has massive debt already - China may be the only country with a surplus and compared to the total world debt, it's a drop in the bucket. Debt default is a mathematical certainty and every banker or even CPA *knows* this as an absolute fact. You will hear constant claims of 'nobody saw this coming' for the next few years. Don't believe them.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:36 AM
link   
I have a cynicall view of the world right now...

And feel that before any next dip we'll see a major conflict erupt.. the timing of the Korean report into the sinking as the Euro markets dipped smelt fishy to me, and Kim responds exactly to que..

The problem with a next dip, is that no one gov has put in place any form of wealth creation (no new industry/jobs), nor have they tried to shore up their markets and provide any kind of resillence to another dip.. Even Germany is being drained to prop up the Eurozone.

All in all it appears to my untrained eye that the only way the elite get to keep hold of their seats of power would be through another conflict since it is to late in the day to try and build any kind of resillence into their markets.

And if we faced another dip withuot an external conflict the elite would have to deal with very angry populations who see their wealth squandered in pointless bailouts..

The linchpin tho is the market dipping again.. if we can keep that afloat I think we'll avoid a conflict, if not then... well I don't really like thinking what may happen then. But the gloves will be off and it will be every nation for themselves..

[edit on 25/5/10 by thoughtsfull]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Yes indeed. That's coming too. No nation will happily give up what's owed to it. War is the natural and historic solution, and the pump is well and truly primed with North Korea and the Middle East.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Any country operating on the fractional reserve system and playing the credit/debt game is bound to fail eventually, the systems just aren't capable of indefinite propagation. Until people realize this and demand their governments abandon the concept there is nothing thats going to stop the eventual collapse that is coming.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
I say it's all the euro's fault.
Or maybe...it was one of the elitest's eh?

I do agree with a probable conflict arising from one of these dips, it's probably going to arise from a pretty issue. They always do.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by mythatsabigprobe
reply to post by thoughtsfull

Yes indeed. That's coming too. No nation will happily give up what's owed to it. War is the natural and historic solution, and the pump is well and truly primed with North Korea and the Middle East.

The issue I have had for a considerable time now has been the sheer lack of wealth creation (new jobs/industry) that simply failed to materialise on any one governments agenda.

Without wealth creation you can not pay off what you owe... on the flip side, when you owe the people who have the wealth creation capability (i.e China) they are not going to roll over and let you take what wealth they have.

hence any wealth creation anywhere in the world was deemed protectionist.. that in and of itself was the give away (for me) that this can only end in tears.. Taking that route has left the elite only had a small repetory of responses to deal with the situation...

The logical but spiraling bailouts only brought time and they in and of themselves have a limited shelf life till they fail, and in the process drag each and every nation into the same quagmire.

With the recent Eurozone bailouts from Germany, they have finaly been dragged into the mess... and now the Eurozone is under huge pressure...

the only viable option I see now is external conflict, where by each Gov can take that protectionist stance.. write off debts owed to the "enemy" and expland the military industrial complex as a robust revenue stream.

My hope is that the elite have some clever plan up their sleeves to turn this around... but at the moment I personally can not see what other options they have available..

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
The big showdown is coming. Everyone knows it--from Russia, to China, to the US, and they have all been gearing up militarily. The idea that another world war is coming is openly discussed in Russia, and they are anticipating it. The question at stake is who will be the dominant force in the 21st century.

The Chinese are winning economically. If there is an economic collapse of the Western World (which is pretty much inevitable given the insolvency of virtually every first world western nation), then China will eventually emerge as the victor--because it has the largest industrial base, and has been busy securing the natural resources (in Africa and SA) to support its industry.

The US doesnt have much of an industrial base anymore--nothing even remotely like what it had at the end of WWII. Our primary exports are debt and arms--and we have gone from being an industrial nation to a warmongering nation, with some 700+ military bases scattered worldwide outside the US, which require over a trillion dollars to support annually.

The only way that the US could even hope to win in this race for world dominance in the 21st century is through global military conflict. This would take advantage of the two things the US excells in (1) the creation of debt (wars cost huge amounts of money that must be borrowed from banks) and (2) the waging of war.

However, the US does not have the manpower to shoulder a global conventional war. So, it will have to turn to nuclear, biological, chemical, and economic warfare to even have a chance at winning. The economic war has been going on for some time. The recent financial attacks on the Euro and the European Union represent the most recent battles. The preparations for nuclear, chemical, and biological warfare have been underway since WWII, and the US has huge stockpiles (more than enough to destroy the entire planet many times over) in the hands of the government.

When it becomes clear that the US dollar is about to collapse, which would result in a loss of Anglo-American hegemony, all hell will break loose and I suspect that WWIII will begin. As Einstein said: "I am not sure what weapons will be used to wage WWIII, but I am certain that WWIV will be waged with sticks and stones." In other words, this is the big one--the Apakalupsis Eschaton--the Lifting of the Veil at the End of the Era, when the sheeps clothing comes off, and the wolves teeth become shown.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by FermiFlux

Watch out for China that is the leading lender in the world including the US, they are now becoming very worry about the global debt and what it means to the vast amount of reserves they hold.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   
reply to post by Angiras

Well said, I particularly like that quote from Albert Einstein, it's very sad that his quote is not just probable but more than likely of being the case.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:51 AM
link   
The system was never made to work for the people, it was made to benefit only a select few who clearly it worked for quite well, and the next system will be just the same, created by the few it works so well for.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Thanks for all the replies. The markets currently do not show any signs of getting better, with the DOW still under 9900 and the FTSE under 5000, but we'll have to see as the day progresses. This is one of the slowest daily recoveries i've seen in a long time, but I'm no expert.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   
It is 10am in Texas as I type this. The DJIA is down another 200 points taking it wll below the 10k mark now.

Oddly, Gold has slipped under $1200 an ounce over the past few days too. The Gold thing has me really scratching my head. But we'll see if it steadily climbs back anyway. I've heard lots of rumors about price fixing in that commodity market in order to artificially keep its price down against the dollar.

Official news sources ( I know, consider the source.) seem to be squawking that most of this is due to concerns over Greece. Perhaps this is so to a minor extent but I don't think it is all about Greece by any fair stretch of the imagination.

It might be that we are seeing the rumblings of a volcano just before it blows its top. But please don't let me sound alarmist as these things do happen from time to time in the stock exchanges.

To add to this, many insider sources (provided on this site) have speculated that around this time this very thing would happen. But I'm still not sure as these predictions are a dime a dozen here and have been wrong in the past. Even Gerald Celente has missed the mark on a crash date a couple of times now.

I guess we can only sit back and watch once again.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by warequalsmurder

Well the Russian markets are down to, listening to RT they pitching it at about a 5% decline and focusing on the Spainish banks bailout as an indicator of how unstable the Eurozone is..

But it really does appear to be a cross the board issue.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:18 AM
link   
Cilente has missed his mark due to unforseen monetizing of debt by the Federal Reserve. This will continue to happen as long as another T-Bill can be sold by hook or crook.
Of course all along the crooked path the money changers, TPTB, are given the sacrifices, TAXES, of workers of the world in the form of bailouts.

The banks make the money all along the growth of the bubble and when it bursts they again make money from the state sanctioned pilfering of the workers' tax that won't be paid by this generation.

Let the first heads that roll be the ones that made ungodly riches off of the good people of this world. Oops and then lets forgive them.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by awakentired

I like your humor as it is spot on.

As with Celente, I don't blame the guy for being wrong about this. I still think that he has the correct general idea of what is going to inevitably happen. And of course, he can not predict unforeseen market shenanigans designed to give banks a couple of last gasps.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by warequalsmurder
reply to post by awakentired

I like your humor as it is spot on.

As with Celente, I don't blame the guy for being wrong about this. I still think that he has the correct general idea of what is going to inevitably happen. And of course, he can not predict unforeseen market shenanigans designed to give banks a couple of last gasps.

Hmm I don't think Celente has been wrong yet has he? He predictid the crash of 2009 and was right, had it not been for the bail-out, it would have hit rock-bottom. Also, his crash of 2010 prediction has alot of time left and is on course, unless I missed something here guys?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by FermiFlux

Hmm I don't think Celente has been wrong yet has he? He predictid the crash of 2009 and was right, had it not been for the bail-out, it would have hit rock-bottom. Also, his crash of 2010 prediction has alot of time left and is on course, unless I missed something here guys?

The problem is the generalizations. He never gives specifics as in date (month could occur). He said a crash leading to a Depression would occur in 2009. Well, still no true Depression. But if it does eventually happen, then by his generalizations he can claim that he was right once again.

Another example is when he said in 2009: "Why we may very well see “tax revolts” and how it is directly connected to commercial real estate."

I still have not seen any true tax revolts yet. Some mortgage vigilantism but not tax revolts. But if they do indeed happen sometime in the next twenty years, due to this vague timeline that is given he can once again claim a fullfillment of prophecy.

As of right now I can claim that the Euro is going to decline over the next year. Well, any financial economist might clearly agree especially with the current situation of Greece, Italy, and Germany. When it does inevitably happen I can claim to be right too. But if I say that this will lead to the break up of the EU and it does not immediately happen than I open myself up to some scepticism as I've voiced about Celente. You can't have it both ways. With generalizations you do attempt it though.

There's a difference between true accurate predictions and generalizations that include many facits that still have not come true but have a possibility.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by FermiFlux

Revelations 6:5
When the Lamb opened the third seal, I heard the third living creature say, "Come!" I looked, and there before me was a black horse! Its rider was holding a pair of scales in his hand.

Revelations 6:6
Then I heard what sounded like a voice among the four living creatures, saying, "A quart of wheat for a day's wages, and three quarts of barley for a day's wages, and do not damage the oil and the wine!"

If anyone was interested in the current times

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join