It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Do you want to grow up to be terrorists?': U.S. soldier under investigation for 'disgraceful' F

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by SurefireII
reply to post by dontblink

So are you to suggest that one whom serves this country, and defends the very liberties ppl like you take for granted

Putting it very simply, this is complete garbage.

Afghanistan and Iraq have not been fought for any reason other than the securing of corporate profit. Oil in the case of Iraq; gas in the case of Afghanistan, and very possibly money from the opium trade in the latter case as well.

You are not defending freedom. You are not defending the lives of anyone at all. That is exactly the brainwashing that you are given, in order to cause you to become willing to go over there.

I understand; you don't want to believe that you've potentially risked your lives, you've seen other people risk their lives, you've been maimed, you've had your mind shattered, and you've been responsible for the deaths of literally millions of Iraqi men, women, and children...that you've basically done all of this, for absolutely nothing at all, other than allowing the oil companies to continue to post positive economic growth numbers.

That, however, is the reality. If you are that far gone that you actually don't mind acting as a corporate mercenary for Big Oil, that is your perogative; but even if you want to lie to yourself, do not continue to insult the intelligence of anyone else, by trying to claim that what has been done in Iraq is in any way morally, politically, or strategically justifiable.

Because it quite simply isn't.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   
An honourable soldier would not even try and defend this kind of behaviour.

If he acts like this towards his own children/young relatives then I feel sorry for them. Because it isn't funny at all. Kind of lame.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by dontblink

Unbelievable, disgusting, appaling, immoral any of these words are apt to describe this behavior on the part of this soldier. While the vast majority of these soldiers are most likely good, decent people (I like to give folks the benefit of the doubt) it's garbage like this that will irreparably damage the reputation of the United States on a global scale.

Not to mention the fact that the occupation was launched on false pretenses (no WMDs) through the Bush Doctrine's pre-emptive strike philosophy, which is classified as a war of aggression and as such is illegal in international law. Anything associated with Dubya is already on a shaky foundation globally. I'm sure they realize this at the Pentagon so I'm guessing this guy will be made an example of.

www. dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

What happened to the guy who sprayed on a crowd of civilians and then on a Van with two little kids in it? I haven't heard of that incident lately, so please don't talk about example..

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
reply to post by SurefireII

Explain to me how bombing the hell out of people in a couple of third world countries half a world away to secure vast oil wealth and major government contracts for large corporations is defending my freedom. No really, I'd love to hear it.

You think because I believe that soldiers should represent their country with dignity and grace in an occupation area, that I'm some kind of army basher? You're dead wrong. We need to hold these people to a higher standard of behavior.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   

As I pointed out, I am 99% sure talking about sexual things to kids is indeed illegal.

Soldiers who do things like this do not deserve anyone's respect. Soldiers who kill innocent people do not deserve anyone's respect. Soldiers who commit crimes like rape in foreign countries under the guise of liberating others do not deserve anyone's respect. It is ridiculous to thing that soldiers are gods to be worshipped. When they do something wrong, they deserve our disgust.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Unbelievable, disgusting, appaling, immoral any of these words are apt to describe this behavior on the part of this soldier. www. dailymail.co.uk

I wouldn't say it's immoral...people do this stuff all the time. If you did it on U.S. soil it would be fine, no one would say anything. Ever been in High School? Middle School? Give me a break, sure this isn't the right thing to do...and as a soldier he is expected to be much more mature than this...but let's not blow it out of proportion. Remove him from the service, but let's not make it a PR campaign for anti-war (which I am)...but it has nothing to do with war, and everything to do with just being immature.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by yellowcard]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by yellowcard

Unbelievable, disgusting, appaling, immoral any of these words are apt to describe this behavior on the part of this soldier. www. dailymail.co.uk

I wouldn't say it's immoral...people do this stuff all the time. If you did it on U.S. soil it would be fine, no one would say anything. Ever been in High School? Middle School? Give me a break, sure this isn't the right thing to do...and as a soldier he is expected to be much more mature than this...but let's not blow it out of proportion. Remove him from the service, but let's not make it a PR campaign for anti-war (which I am)...but it has nothing to do with war, and everything to do with just being immature.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by yellowcard]

Agreed, maybe I let my moral outrage get the better of me at the start. Regardless, I stand by my statements that this was entirely the wrong thing to do at this prticular juncture.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by yellowcard

The point you and many are missing is, this is a man talking to a child. If you, and adult, talked this way to a child, you may be arrested.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The military operates as a drunken travesty.

This soldier is a perfect example.

The Pentagon doesn't care that he did or does this, only that it is a PR problem exposing their lack of discipline, standards & ethics.

This is why the US military is the greatest SOURCE of anti-American resentment & terrorism.

Uniformed pigs are still pigs.

in the US they are astronomically EXPENSIVE pigs to boot.

The Greatest reduction in anti-American terrorism will be achieved by shutting down the Pentagon & CIA & NSA.

And just imagine what could be done with the TRILLIONS we would save.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by slank]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   

So what? The kids didn't understand him. Have any of you spent time in a desert warzone? Not much to do. It's innocent joking that improves morale and keeps soldiers from getting bored.

- D.K., NC, U.S.A., 25/5/2010 14:08

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...

reply to post by ISHAMAGI

reply to post by nik1halo

reply to post by BlackPoison94

reply to post by Jakes51

reply to post by centurion1211

reply to post by yellowcard

So is it legal if say someone probably a 35 yr old guy says "I am just kidding" and go around videotaping and asking your 5-6 yr old relatives like daughters, granddaughters or any relatives whether they had sex? Do they know how touching feels? how do you lick a candy? are they virgin? do they like sex or know what sex is? or any such queries? Afterall it's just for fun!!

Hope you guy's won't mind some (18-70 yr old guy) people doing that with your kids as your reply suggests!! So I take it you approve someone asking your children's things like these and videotaping them for personal 'fun'. Well thanx for clearing that up. Naah' I think you are lying.

Can you all post a reconfirmation of "Yes" (as your old post agrees it is okay) answer from everyone I addressed in my post on this threads or else I have reason to believe your post stands invalidated.

[edit on 27-5-2010 by I AM LEGION]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
My view the guy is a jerk off.

I do not care if he was messing around and easing stress here. If some guys was talking to my kid like that I would be mad as well.

There may not be a crime violation, but there is certainly a respect violation here.

Leave the kids alone. There is no reason to be a prick to kids.

Raist

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Raist

I thought it was illegal to ask under age kids do they like sex" do they have vagina/ penises? Or any such other "suggestive questions" Isn't that what sexual predators do?

Or is sexual predator or pedophiles are only ones who molest or rapes physically under age people?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by I AM LEGION

I do not know for sure if it is or not. That is why I say there may not be.

It matters not though in the fact that this guys was completely disrespectful to children. Just because they do not understand does not make it right. He understood and so do those watching the video. Respect is given by real men, this guy needs to grow his set still apparently.

I am fine with adult to adult banter as long as they understand. But it is not fine to do this to those who do not understand, being that this is children makes it even more wrong.

Raist

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by poedxsoldiervet

reply to post by centurion1211

lolling at your post. if you so confident its simple fun how about post your addresses and see how it feels if some bikers come and ask some funny stuff to your kids and tape them for personal use.

why sir if its not illegal could you also provide your address..i assure you someone will be practicing their freedom of speech with your kids too

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

i'm sorry, but how is anyone in Iraq or Afghanistan defending my freedoms? last time i checked it was the federal government, not some poor dirt farmer in a cave half a globe away, that was trying to infringe and take away my liberties. did the terrorists institute the patriot act? did the terrorists institute wiretaps without warrants?

i respect soldiers as my brother is one and has served in iraq, but this claim that invading foreign countries is defending our freedoms is a lot of bullcrap.

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:06 AM
link   
reply to post by I AM LEGION

I still VOTE YES ! Besides, i dont have a daughter, never will...so i dont have to worry about that!
Nice try, but a typical liberal speech~ Pathetic!

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by anonmoux

Sure, if you promise to be the first one to come over, so I might educate you in the rules of engagement, more specifically, the 2nd amendment!

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 02:09 AM
link   
reply to post by optimus primal

Oh from wisconsin..that explains it!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join