It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inside of North Korea - A Travel Video

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
Im not sure exactly where to put this, so feel free to move if needed.

I ran across this video awhile ago called "Vice Guide to Travel - North Korea", made by Shane Smith, and it is a camera crew basically on a tour around North Korea. Ive looked around to see if this has been posted yet, but couldnt find anything. I thought it was an appropriate time to post this because of all the Korean issues in the news lately.

North Korea, atleast in the video, looks like a rundown/dieing country. Theres no electricity almost anywhere, except the state structures such as the subway and a few other places. Most of the capitol's regular buildings are run down, almost looking like they're beyond repair, and the entire visit is basically a guided tour with a ton of propagana along the way. Heres a couple of the most interesting parts, but I would reccomend watching the entire video. ---There's a few parts with profanity, just to let yall know---

The first parts of the video start off in the DMZ and S. Korea and China, but heres part 3, where they are first in Pyongyang. Just looking at the buildings shows you how run down the place is.

Heres part 4. This part is depressing, because the Tea Shop girl hasnt seen anyone in 6 or 10 months (atleast thats what they say). She waits all that time for this very moment - just to sell some tea.

Part 10 is about the "Peoples Library", which im guessing is their top school/college. Notice how there's not really too many people there, and their music room has the old cassette tapes, not even cd's.

And I had to post part 13 because of how astonishing Arirang is. (Mass gymnastics, 120,000 performers)

Again, if you are really interested in this, I suggest you watch the entire thing. It's not too long, only 14 parts around 3-4 minutes each.

I have to say, N. Korea is a pretty different place.

Edit- The person's voice at the beginning of the videos - These are clips from videos the crew has to watch before they go out - Required to watch actually.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by buni11687]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
tea girl wasnt bad at pool.

all i have to say is what a damn waste...of people, culture, resources, etc...

imagine how crazy it would be to those people to visit America or anywhere else...

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by LurkerMan

A lot of them are desperate to get out, they cross the freezing cold Tumen River..they usually strip and put all their clothes in a plastic bag so they don't get wet and draw attention at the border, along with getting hypothermia of course, i saw a picture of a frozen to death elderly woman who obviously didn't make it. They then go through China and then hopefully to S.Korea.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by Solomons]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

I look at it this way...If they wanted a better life, they would come together and fight their government...really, who wouldn't morally support that?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Personally, I believe somewhat about half want to get out because they know their country is terrible, but the other half is so brainwashed by propaganda, that they blindly follow their leaders.

I think the country is divided, but the brainwashed/greedy ones are the ones with the guns. If the population rebelled, Im sure the goverment would have them all killed in a pretty short amount of time.

Alltogether, I believe the leadership is a waste. They are wasting the resources and suppressing their people in some of the worst ways possible. In one of the videos, the crew tries to eat a piece of dog/ox or something like that, and the knife cant even cut thru it because the food is just so gone. I could not imagine living as a citizen there. The reason for all of the famine/everything bad there, is the stupid leaders of N. Korea.

Maybe the next in line will actually be smart and do whats right for the people?

new topics

top topics

join