It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amityville Horror house goes on sale for £800,000 (but could you spend the night there?)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   

Amityville Horror house goes on sale for £800,000 (but could you spend the night there?)

www.dailymail.co.uk

The house made famous in the 1979 film The Amityville Horror is up for sale in New York - ghosts not included.
The five-bedroom Dutch Colonial went on the market yesterday for $1.15 million (£800,000).
In 1974, six members of the DeFeo family were shot dead as they slept in the house. The eldest son, Ronald DeFeo, called police to report the slayings. He was convicted of the murders aged 23.

When he confessed, he told detectives: 'Once I started, I just couldn’t stop. It went so fast.'

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
Could you live there?

I don't think I could. Living with the heebie-jeebies can't be good for your health. Which is a pity 'cos it looks a really nice house.

I might manage just the one night, but definitely not on my own. Then again, taking someone with me for that one night I might start to wonder where all the axes are and I'd probably start to worry if they were going to be taken over by an evil spirit and chop me up anyway. My imagination would be out of conrtol. No, I wouldn't stay there, not even for a single night.

Unless, I was paid a nice wee sum of cash.

Dear me, I'll have to think about this.

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
I wanna go !! I will bring all my ghost hunting stuff and have a blast the whole time.

I don't have the cash to buy the house.. to bad no one is really offering a nights stay there.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:59 AM
link   
Na i would not also. But you have to remember lots of old houses had at some time someone die in it.

But i would suspect there are plenty out there that will want too. Just look at the musician that brought a crowleys house in scotland.

There is alot of people that would want to live there, although it seems weird to many of us.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
Considering the Amityville hoax has been busted many times over, families living there have reported no hauntings, and it would be cool to terrify anyone who was with me. Yeah I could spend the night with ease.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by andy1033
Just look at the musician that brought a crowleys house in scotland.

I thought of that too. Jimmy Paige. I wonder why he bought that, just because Crowley lived there before? Strange thing to do.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I think that I could stay there.. possibly even live there.

Sure, what happened there was tragic, but it is only a house after all. That being said, I don't really know for sure because I've never spent a night there.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
This is pretty cool. I'd love to spend a night there. My sense of humor is too much for negative entities to handle and they usually end up leaving in disgust.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Ive done obssessive amounts of research on amityville, it kinda sadened me, seeing a vid of george lutz's lawyer admitting they conjured the whole story up, to make money and pulbish some books and gain some kinda famous spotlight thing.
Ed and lorraine warren, ive met them. she insists that place was terrible, but the sad truth is..they were probably in on it too. thier only 1 picture, to this day that cannot be debunked. thiers a pic of a little boy taken at night in inforored from the warrens, when they were investigating that place. iroically, the ghost image of the boy, looke exactly like one of the yuonger brothers murdered. its a spooky pic cause he has no eyes*
imma try n digg it out for all.
another thing...ive read manyt imes on ghost websites, do not loiter around the house or street. neighbors, the police, ect know the story, so if your thier to even take pictures of the house, so ive rea, yuor liekly to be arrested or ticketed up yuor gazoo.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
ghoststudy.com...
Thier the link to the pic* spooky!

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:36 AM
link   
I had a friend who went to high school with Ronnie DeFeo. She said he was always a bit of a weirdo but that particular summer he dropped a lot of acid and lost a ton of weight. Everyone was afraid of having a run in with him...he was known as a loose cannon. She herself had an altercation with him in a bar one night that terrified her. But I think it's less about demons and the supernatural and more about drugs that drove him to murder his family. I"ve seen the house..it's not too far from where I am. Must be very annoying to have people constantly driving through the neighborhood...even after all these years.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
I wish it was one of those spend the night get the house deals... I ain't afraid of no ghost.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   
Considering the whole thing is fabricated then yes I could stay there however the house is an eyesore so I would not want to damage my reputation

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I'd stay there. Was the movie filmed in the house? Often the interior are shot elsewhere. The exteriors are sometimes used. Sometimes neither is used.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
I wouldn't have a problem living there and i don't think most people would either after the first couple of weeks, pretty soon it would just be a home with a story behind it. No chance in hell i could afford it though.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by Solomons]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
Oh yes, I'd buy it - then I could make up lots of stories like the Lutz family did and get a ghost-writer (pun intended) to write me a best-seller, too

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Yeah, because the Amity Horror is fiction. Although the Defoe murders did occur, the part of the hauning of the family did not happen. But it is a nice piece of American culture.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by marsvoltafan74]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I would Definitly like to stay in the house for at least one night, my curiosity would def be peaked...im all in favor of ghost hunting and debunking, but id be a little afraid of being taken over by what the Defeo guy was taken over by if that genuinly is the case...one night and one night only, unless i debunked it and in that case its a nice colonial and wouldnt mind living there.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   
I wouldn't spend the night there. Purely for the fact that i have an over active imagination and i'd end up given myself some serious creeps. I would be my own worst enemy

[edit on 25-5-2010 by skitzspiricy]

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
i would by the house then charge a 1000$ for a one nights stay .
Ps cash UP FRONT so when they drag your stiff corps out ill have my money.
Who you going to call????

top topics

<<   2 >>

join