It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feds stumped over 10,000+ cattle deaths reported in 1979

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   

More than 10,000 cattle deaths reported in 1979
ALBUQUERQUE (KRQE) - A 130-page file reveals just how deep the Federal Bureau of Investigation probed into the cattle mutilation mystery that mystified cattle ranchers in New Mexico and a string of other states from the west coast to the Midwest.

More than 10,000 cattle deaths were reported across the county by 1979. More than 100 were reported in New Mexico between 1975 and 1980.

"One thing about it was they seemed to be healthy animals," said....

Link to original article

I know cattle mutilation is nothing new and this is an old case but this is a fresh story (a couple of hours old) that contains a lot of new information I've never heard before, there's also a good accompanying video on the link above.

Whats clear to me is how the feds were reluctant to be straight with the public and publically address it properly, and some of the official statements back then are insane, how can they conclude after the strange out of the blue number of deaths with no apparent reason for increase in an era of thousands of cattle deaths and mutilations that "About 95-percent of the cases were natural cause deaths" where it has never happened prior or since in such a scale?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:44 AM
link   
At the time, I believed in the cattle mutilations were the work of UFO's theory. But since the 1990's I have rethought that position and wondered if the cattle mutilations were not part of a free range experiment in 1970's to study the transmission of BIV (bovine immunodeficiency virus) and work on development of HIV.

BIV was known as early as 1969 while studying bovine leukemia, although wasn't named as such until after study of HIV. So field experiments and collecting of samples in the early 1970's would not be far-fetched. Continuing to do so after development was on to the next stage would make for a good cover up.

What is interesting is that BIV will produce antibodies in sheep and goats, but the virus is not recoverable from the blood of either. To date, such viral strains are only known in Humans, Simians, Felines and Bovine. Each do show a relationship to one another which would seem to point to a root ancestral virus.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
I have not yet reviewed the video you mention. However to the other poster I should mention that cattle mutilations are not just a dead cow, or a dead cow someone cut a chunk out of. I have known people with close experience with this. It has happened in substantial snow, in a matter of minutes with people not far away, often without a sound and without any tracks to/from the animal, and the "laser" style 'coring' removal of certain parts and lack of blood is weird and gross and terrible up close. It is definitely not the 'probably wolves' that many skeptics want to dismiss it as, and while humans are not impossible it would require several kinds of technology combined that we don't yet know for sure is even available. I am not suggesting it is aliens, only that we don't know what it is, but it is not any of the conventional explanations. Much like crop circles, there are some things which are not of any 'odd origin' at all, but the ones that are, are quite clear and have predictable and sometimes measurable elements.

RC

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
One thing puzzles me is the removal of eyes, udders and sexual organs very cleanly with surgical precision.Also the presence of incisions and cuts across the body that appear to have been made by a surgical instrument.
OK this is not the case in all reports but there are people who think this is done by ET,Cult Groups etc.. the list go on.Would be nice to know the truth since that's a lot of cattle.
Nice post

@ above sorry never read your reply as I was doing the same but I agree with you.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by k3rm1t]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   
reply to post by Ahabstar

Interesting theory and in response to the two subsequent posts then obviously recovery of material for examination in a laboratory would require the procedures and secrecy listed.

Why would any experimental testing program need to be carried out "in the wild" though and not with captive animals ?

Also the timescales involved would indicate a much longer period of testing than would normally be required - why continue for 40 years ?

I did wonder whether there was a CJD or some other mad cow / senile dementia angle to a testing program but it still raises more questions than answers and has been mentioned, some of the circumstances surrounding the mutilations are unexplainable and have aspects of paranormal / UFO activity.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I saw this on Jeff Rense and then found your thread. I believe it is the same info but this is the YouTube clip.

Pretty good. Enjoy.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by lifttheveil
I know cattle mutilation is nothing new and this is an old case but this is a fresh story (a couple of hours old) that contains a lot of new information I've never heard before, there's also a good accompanying video on the link above.

Just curious what new information you got? It looks pretty old to me. The story is recent but I'm not sure what's new.

Whats clear to me is how the feds were reluctant to be straight with the public and publically address it properly, and some of the official statements back then are insane, how can they conclude after the strange out of the blue number of deaths with no apparent reason for increase in an era of thousands of cattle deaths and mutilations that "About 95-percent of the cases were natural cause deaths" where ?

So what was the number of cattle deaths per year then and what do you consider to be normal? In other words, what would a normal number of cattle deaths been, in your estimation, and from what sources?

And what were the number of cattle deaths in 2009 from natural causes? What are you basing your statement on that such deaths have "never happened prior or since in such a scale"? If you've got some statistics to support that assertion I'd like to see them please, post your sources. Is someone keeping statistics on natural cattle deaths? And do the ranchers religiously report all natural cattle deaths every year? and to whom? who compiles the statistics?

I've really never seen any good data showing how abnormally large the number of cattle deaths were so if you've got some I'd be interested to see the statistics. There's nothing statistical in the article you posted to support such statements.

What may have happened is there were an abnormally large number of REPORTS that were PUBLICIZED? When did the Roswell story break? Around 1978? And a lot of these reports were in 1979? I can't rule out a connection there. This fantastic UFO story breaks and then some newspaper articles are published about some cattle deaths wondering if aliens did it? Which cascades into more natural cattle deaths being reported that normally aren't? Is that a possibility? I don't know if that's what happened, but I wouldn't rule it out.

Even though the FBI was on board, FBI memos communicate a clear concern the bureau may have overstepping its bounds. FBI officials asked the justice department to secure congressional approval, or an executive order, clearing the way for federal agents to investigate.
Wow how the FBI powers have changed since the patriot act, right? I doubt the FBI today worries much about whether they have authority to pursue a case like this, as they did back in 1978.

According the New Mexico Livestock Board, investigators' findings explain most of the deaths from the 1970s, but not all of them.

"About 95-percent of the cases were natural cause deaths and predators," said Pierce. "About 5-percent of these cases there was never an answer. It was always unknown exactly what happened."

Recent mutilation cases are not as abundant as they were in the past, according to the Livestock Board, and modern cases are more easily explained.

Originally posted by anon72
I saw this on Jeff Rense and then found your thread. I believe it is the same info but this is the YouTube clip.

Thanks. Yes that ends with the conclusion that about 95% of the cases are explained by natural causes but that still leaves another 5% unexplained. A portion of those may have involved some cult or ritual activity, drunk and/or high teenagers ding pranks, or other causes.

For example, that article by Ed Sanders in part 2 of the FBI files linked in the OP story refers to cults like the "Sons of Satan" etc., so cults like that could be one possible source for some of the unexplained deaths/mutilations.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by k3rm1t
One thing puzzles me is the removal of eyes, udders and sexual organs very cleanly with surgical precision.Also the presence of incisions and cuts across the body that appear to have been made by a surgical instrument.
OK this is not the case in all reports but there are people who think this is done by ET,Cult Groups etc.. the list go on.Would be nice to know the truth since that's a lot of cattle.
Nice post

@ above sorry never read your reply as I was doing the same but I agree with you.

[edit on 25-5-2010 by k3rm1t]

Toxins apparently *gather* in parts of the cattle that are missing, apparently in the same way they do in humans. Cows react to certain known nerve agents in a virtually identical way to humans as well.

As for the "95% are due to natural causes", utter BS, they have a habit of ascribing natural causes to as many as they possibly shoehorn into that category, irrespective of the evidence. For instance, if a farmer says it happened inside 2-3 hours, they take the view he *must have been mistaken on the time period" and right that one off.as *natural causes*.
Irrespective of that figure, we are talking 500 cattle dying in mysterious circumstances in a relatively, short period.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
this vid is about ufo's, abductions, and mutilation cases.

www.youtube.com...

at the 31:00 mark they show this "stair step" incision that was found on one of the animal victims from Georgia. it's obvious that isn't from predators, bugs or parasites.
i530.photobucket.com...
i530.photobucket.com...

[edit on 17-6-2010 by easynow]

top topics

join