It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Saudi Arabi Running Fox News

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:52 AM
link   
thinkprogress.org...

Saudi Prince Alwaleed bin Talal owns a 7 percent stake in News Corp — the parent company of Fox News — making him the largest shareholder outside the family of News Corp CEO Rupert Murdoch. Alwaleed has grown close with the Murdoch enterprise, recently endorsing James Murdoch to succeed his father and creating a content-sharing agreement with Fox News for his own media conglomerate, Rotana.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 05:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Paradigm2012

And? .. he also owns 5% of Citigroup. Guy owns quite a bit.. he's a Billionaire. However, he doesn't micro manage his own portfolio .. especially when he owns an insignificant amount. Huge in value, no doubt.. but not much voting power.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 06:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

And? .. he also owns 5% of Citigroup. Guy owns quite a bit.. he's a Billionaire. However, he doesn't micro manage his own portfolio .. especially when he owns an insignificant amount. Huge in value, no doubt.. but not much voting power.

Hmmmmmm. Quote from article in OP.

Alwaleed had boasted in the past about forcing Fox News to change its content relating to its coverage of riots in Paris....

Wow I'm on the side of WND and the neocons. I suppose pigs are flying.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by kinda kurious

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Hmmmmmm. Quote from article in OP.

Alwaleed had boasted in the past about forcing Fox News to change its content relating to its coverage of riots in Paris....

Wow I'm on the side of WND and the neocons. I suppose pigs are flying.

Might be with you on this one.

I suppose the saudi also has "forced" Fox News to focus some of their stories on radical muslims and their activities around the world.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Maybe they forced Fox news to hide the fact that George Bush flew all of Bin-Laden's family out of the US after 9/11. Are you really even surprised at this revelation. You didn't know the neo-cons and the Saudis were hand in hand complicit?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
news is centralized. it doesnt matter if the arabs are temporary allowed a stake.

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:08 AM
link   
He was also the one behind the Mosque in NYC, so why didn't he tell Fox News to stop their fear mongering on it if he's so powerful and can influence what they report?

posted on Nov, 14 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
it is always a smart thing to see who owns these companies or which companies own other companies and who owns them.

edit on 14-11-2010 by Deja`Vu because: (no reason given)

top topics

join