It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

D.C. to begin using more-expensive Trojan condoms

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
reply to post by KrazyJethro

I knew that comment would dangle like a liver in front of a channel cat..
The evidence is in. These and all the other problems did not start until we pulled God out of schools. You cannot deny that. Sure there were problems but not on the scale we are seeing now.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Loken68
reply to post by KrazyJethro

I knew that comment would dangle like a liver in front of a channel cat..
The evidence is in. These and all the other problems did not start until we pulled God out of schools. You cannot deny that. Sure there were problems but not on the scale we are seeing now.

Perhaps that is true and perhaps it's not. I haven't plotted it on a graph or anything.

I do have a few nicely formatted points though:

1) I think we'd be hard pressed to prove that prayer in publicly funded schools is the straw that broke the camels back in this regard.

2) We are a secular nation with secular laws, and as such we should have secular publicly funded schools if they are to be publicly funded at all.

3) Human nature tells us that folks tend to remember days past with rosier memories than really existed. Things ebb and flow and some things improve while others decline.

It's natural. White heterosexual people, specifically, tend to remember things better than a homosexual or black person might, for obvious reasons, so not everything is worse.

4) I believe morals should be taught with reason, but even today they are taught through blind ideology or faith (which the former might be a subset of anyway).

This is foul to senses and the intellect. While faith is fine, logic is in decline and it has more to do with educational quality than in educational prayer.

Peace
KJ

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Mikey Sly

Well some people would say that sarcasm is the lowest form of wit, but hell, sometimes when ignorant things like this come out, sarcasm is the best thing to do with it.

Thanks for the kudos. The sarcasm was dripping wasn't it?

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
Trojans -

The story of a nicely wrapped present sliding into a secure, beautiful wall city.

Then the sides of the present break open, and the Navy - that's right Seamen - come pouring of out the sides.

Yep. Always my favourite brand.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

nice frigging nice

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Wow, I had no idea that my taxes were paying for the government to buy condems to pass out for free in schools for children all the way up to college age adults.

I am happy to know that school kids as well as adult college students are getting lots of sex with the finest condoms available on my dime.

Some ignorant people might think that it's possible to raise children with morals and self control, so that they look forward to the time when they are older teens or young adults who are mature enough to leave their parents homes and start their own lives and have responsible sexual relationships that are their own private personal business. How lame.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aeons
Trojans -

The story of a nicely wrapped present sliding into a secure, beautiful wall city.

Then the sides of the present break open, and the Navy - that's right Seamen - come pouring of out the sides.

Yep. Always my favorite brand.

Trojans ... the items that keep the homunculus hopping on the hot flags of hell while he waits for his other half to get straight and get down to business and make his next entrance into reality (and out of hell) possible (but .. someone forgot to tell her).

Life mate or love mate everyone is only half of a story until they start writing the next book. That is when you find out you really were only half a story ... unless you waited too long, or partied too hard and the poor Homunculus succumbed to the red hot flags of hell and went to another worse place .. machine land. .... Sad, you will never know who you missed while you partied on!!

I was "raised celibate" .. I am celibate now .... I took some time off for family. ...for learning the ropes, and the realities.
... and I can tell you and I will tell you that you cannot know the whole of the equation until you try not doing it for awhile!!
... the sneaks in the wood work steal the whole show!! (was it real or was it memorex?) they come and take the sacred .. and don't want you to know.

Like Dylan said ... "look out kid, they keep it all hid" ... and boy do they hide the sneaky sex part ... except for a few brave ones, like Chevy Chase.
That is where our society leaks right into the sewer ... it is not morals, nor lack there of ... but lack of the knowledge of respecting yourself and the sanctity of "your life" and the "sacred connection" which is sexuality!
(AVATAR .. "... Don't play with that, you'll go blind!")

David Bohm says machines cannot have the interface with the Universe that human beings (living beings) have .. they cannot connect .. they do not have the connection ... they are not ALIVE ...

In point of fact that is the connection , and it is a wonderful experience ... but it needs to be respected too; not marketed, not flaunted, not hidden, but respected ... it used to be "THE Sacred"... now what is it? .... what happened? ... too much war? .. too much party on? ... no more sacred wisdom being taught? ... what?

posted on May, 30 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by illusions
Wow, I had no idea that my taxes were paying for the government to buy condems to pass out for free in schools for children all the way up to college age adults.

Yeah and soon free health care will provide for alot more.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join